The Food Stamps Party

Guys, while I understand the outrage that stories about trips to Vegas etc bring about, let's remember that these are incredibly hard economic times. Don't tar everyone who is receiving food stamps with the same brush... It's the lefties who do that. Let's not stoop to their level. Millions of Americans are out of work and need help to survive. I, for one, do not begrudge them.... as long as it is a step forward and not a career choice. For most of them, it is temporary. Let's try to remember those people.

Unless I slept through part of the story, it was welfare that was being cashed at those places, not food stamps. Specifically, it was welfare from California, which has the most welfare dependents, and the highest payout, of any state. Food stamps don't go far enough to buy a bus ticket, never mind a cruise.

When Democrats talk about the middle class their talking about Unions and Government workers, they could care less about the rest of us. Sure, around election time they'll give out blow jobs to nincompoops looking for a free ride from someone else.

Democrats have shown no sign in the past 4 and 2 years that they have any kind of plan or policies to make the country conducive to creating employment...If anything they've shown the exact opposite..

I think most Americans are resigned to the the fact that they have to work for a living and would be glad to receive a paycheck as opposed to the government tit but that's what Democrats have created since they acquired and wielded progressive (?) power over the past 4 years.

Is the Democratic Party.. the Party of Food Stamps...?

Does the Democratic Party prefer to have Americans dependent on the government or self reliant and employed?

Newt & Nancy disagree...

I have a strong feeling that the government will decide exactly what ppl can and cannot purchase with food stamps and much of that will include no salt, fat or junk food per their definition. Actually I have a feeling they will decide that whether food stamps or no food stamps. After all, we are Homer Simpson [Cass Sunstein] and therefore can be manipulated. :eusa_whistle:

"And Benjamin Franklin said the best way to help people out of their poverty is to make them uncomfortable."

Is the Democratic Party.. the Party of Food Stamps...?

Does the Democratic Party prefer to have Americans dependent on the government or self reliant and employed?

Newt & Nancy disagree...

I have a strong feeling that the government will decide exactly what ppl can and cannot purchase with food stamps and much of that will include no salt, fat or junk food per their definition. Actually I have a feeling they will decide that whether food stamps or no food stamps. After all, we are Homer Simpson [Cass Sunstein] and therefore can be manipulated. :eusa_whistle:

"And Benjamin Franklin said the best way to help people out of their poverty is to make them uncomfortable."

All part of that.. Obama care

Guys, while I understand the outrage that stories about trips to Vegas etc bring about, let's remember that these are incredibly hard economic times. Don't tar everyone who is receiving food stamps with the same brush... It's the lefties who do that. Let's not stoop to their level.

Surgeon General's Warning: Doublethinking induces such side effects such as facepalming, eye rolling and making Keanu sad.

Forum List

Back