The Film Maker Is Arrested

What the righties fail to mention is that the Federal Probation Service -- the organization in charge of ordering federal offenders to be brought in for probation issues -- doesn't fall under the executive branch. They are part of the judicial branch. Last I checked, the president doesn't run the judicial branch.

So, by the logic of the righties here, the jackbooted gestapo thug who clearly must have personally ordered the action would be the head of the judicial branch, Chief Justice John G Roberts. (That is, unless Chief Justice Roberts is really an Obama pawn.)

Now, if the righties have any consistency, they'll start screaming that Chief Justice Roberts and his Republican supporters are all freedom-hating thugs. They can begin doing that now. Or not, thus proving again how they're truth-hating partisan shills. They'll most likely just snarl some curses at me, and then scuttle back into their dark crevices.

The LAPD Chief of Police was appointed by a Democrat.

Enough said.

The LAPD Chief of Police is hardly a liberal....But...tell us, do you live in SoCal?

The LAPD Chief of Police was appointed by a Democrat.

Enough said.

The LAPD Chief of Police is hardly a liberal....But...tell us, do you live in SoCal?

How do you know he's not a liberal? From reading his website, he appears quite liberal to me. The fact is he was appointed by a liberal Democrat and he takes orders from a liberal Democrat.

What the righties fail to mention is that the Federal Probation Service -- the organization in charge of ordering federal offenders to be brought in for probation issues -- doesn't fall under the executive branch. They are part of the judicial branch. Last I checked, the president doesn't run the judicial branch.

Right Obama has no influence on Holder.

Holder is the Attorney General...Executive Branch....Judicial Branch is who is in charge. Thank you for showing your lack of knowledge about the 3 Branches of Government.

The LAPD is not part of the judicial branch of the federal government, nitwit.

It sure as hell did.

The lapd stated he volunteered to come and talk and it was all staged..

Get an education.

What does "it was all staged" mean? Why did the LAPD even ask him to come in and talk? What is there to talk about?

What the fuck do you think it means? You need your hand held or something dipshit? Stop reading into things as if they have some magical motive only you can figure out.

Thats for the LAPD to answer, feel free to call them and ask.

There was nothing ‘criminal’ about the film, except for the acting, writing, and directing.

And any effort on the part of the government to engage in actual prior restraint is virtually impossible in this age of the internet and social media. It would also be impossible for the government to produce evidence that any of the attackers actually saw the film or were motivated by the film to engage in imminent lawlessness, thus justifying prior restraint.

So, by the logic of the righties here, the jackbooted gestapo thug who clearly must have personally ordered the action would be the head of the judicial branch, Chief Justice John G Roberts. (That is, unless Chief Justice Roberts is really an Obama pawn.)

Now, if the righties have any consistency, they'll start screaming that Chief Justice Roberts and his Republican supporters are all freedom-hating thugs. They can begin doing that now. Or not, thus proving again how they're truth-hating partisan shills. They'll most likely just snarl some curses at me, and then scuttle back into their dark crevices.

Correct, the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services System consists of local offices in 93 of the 94 U. S. District courts, they are administered out of these local offices only and are funded directly by Congress.

They have no connection to Justice or the Administration whatsoever.

The interview of Nakoula was conducted in the context of his bank fraud case:

The probation department is reviewing the case of Nakoula, who pleaded no contest to bank fraud charges in 2010 and was banned from using computers or the Internet or using false identities as part of his sentence.

Feds Question Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, AKA Sam Bacile, At LA Sheriff's Station

Clearly there is reasonable suspicion that Nakoula was in violation of the terms of his probation.

The notion that the interview was some sort of ‘intimidation tactic’ on the part of the Administration obvious partisan ignorance and idiocy.

Somewhere there is a newspaper full of squiggly lines that reads:

Obama has movie producer arrested

That would be located in the collective brain of the right.

Let us suppose that what happened this morning in LA is not just in the collective brain of the right, whatever the fuck that is. Let us suppose that actually got directly involved and tried to get this idiot's probation revoked because he wants to send a message to Muslims that the US does not tolerate this type of speech. Under those, admittedly farfetched, circumstances would you support those actions, or would you actually defend the laws of this country and demand that Obama be held accountable?

That didn't happen moron

It sure as hell did.

The lapd stated he volunteered to come and talk and it was all staged..

Get an education.

The LAPD also said that Rodney King deserved the beat down he got for speeding.

In other words, you need more than the word of the LAPD to convince me that a probation officer decided to give up his sleep to interview a guy that is required to report to him once a month anyway, and that they both decided that doing so in the middle of the night was the best time to do it.

Only an idiot believes voluntary meetings need the police to show up in the middle of the night. I am not an idiot.

you people now defend criminals from the laws to maintian your historically failed ideas.

you have sunk very low

What is his crime?

No one is defending the film, you idiot, only his right to make it.

Well, how about "reckless endangerment" to start with.

Now everyone in that film will probably end up being a target for some whacko, even though they had no idea what they were making. (They dubbed in the offending voiceovers.)

Reckless endangerment?

Let's see, what is reckless endangerment? Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions. The charge may occur in various contexts, such as, among others, domestic cases, car accidents, construction site accidents, testing sites, domestic/child abuse situations, and hospital abuse. State laws and penalties vary, so local laws should be consulted.

How does making a move create substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person? How is it foreseeable that, months after the film is uploaded, someone would conduct a military raid on a foreign embassy that had nothing to do with the film? Are we supposed to be able to predict that, someday, someone will be killed in a way that has nothing to do with what we did? Does that mean I can charge you with reckless endangerment because someone shot a cop last week after you went to the bathroom 6 years ago on the same date?

There is no endangerment by mere expression.

Sure there is.

You can't go into a crowded movie theater and yell fire.

You can't go on to a plane and talk about bombs.

There's alot of "reckless endangerment" that comes from mere expression.

Actually, I can go into a crowded movie theater and yell fire.

As for talking about bombs on a plane, that happened last week, and no one is being charged with reckless endangerment as a result.

Want to try again, or are you going to continue to prove you are an idiot?

Last edited:

Now everyone in that film will probably end up being a target for some whacko, even though they had no idea what they were making. (They dubbed in the offending voiceovers.)

If anyone who made anything controversial was held back for that reason, we'd have no cable TV.

We aren't talking about "anything" controversial.

We are talking about something that is patently offensive against the religion of 1.3 billion people.

Here's the thing, in Islam ANY representation of the Prophet is considered a sin. That's why there are no statues of him in the Middle East. A filmmaker could make a film about him as positive as "Passion of the Christ" and as sympathetic, and Muslims would still consider that a sin.

Now, yeah, I think Muslims (and everyone else) need to realize we are in the Information age and anyone with a YouTube Account (Or an USMB account, for that matter) can say something about your religion you are going to find offensive.

I do not give a flying fuck if Muslims think it is a sin. I started a thread about something that is patently offensive to the religions of over 5 billion people, and you, being a whiny ass bitch who is afraid of a bunch of Muslims and likes to pretend that the fact he used to be in the military before he ran away with his tail between his legs means something, ignored it. What makes those 1.3 billion people more special than the rest of the planet?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...f-image-blaspheming-everyone-but-muslims.html

We spent more time hashing this out than he spent in custody.

All because democrats can't figure out what "violation" means.

Forum List

Back