Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Gary Larson is back!
upload_2019-12-17_19-4-36.png

FB48ED67-20AD-428D-801E-2E04E0102B9C.jpeg

D3E7B625-7253-4AD9-8736-FE58C0D780BF.jpeg

The Far Side comic strip by Gary Larson from Tuesday, December 17, 2019 | TheFarSide.com

Last edited:
Ummm...that strip is from 1995.

Here is an article that tells you all about the Far Side relaunch. It's in the form of a website, and will include lots of never before published work, as well as the OCCASIONAL new cartoon.

Far Side creator Gary Larson launches website with promise of new work

A “new online era” of Larson’s beloved, surreal comic creations had been promised on the cartoonist’s website in September. His publishers Andrews McMeel have now officially launched TheFarSide.com. They said the site would feature previously unseen sketches and doodles from Larson’s sketchbooks, a daily selection of cartoons from The Far Side – previously unavailable online – as well as the “periodic unveiling of new work by Larson” from next year. “In truth, we really have no idea what might show up. But, on the other hand, what’s changed?” they said.

Ummm...that strip is from 1995.

Here is an article that tells you all about the Far Side relaunch. It's in the form of a website, and will include lots of never before published work, as well as the OCCASIONAL new cartoon.

Far Side creator Gary Larson launches website with promise of new work

A “new online era” of Larson’s beloved, surreal comic creations had been promised on the cartoonist’s website in September. His publishers Andrews McMeel have now officially launched TheFarSide.com. They said the site would feature previously unseen sketches and doodles from Larson’s sketchbooks, a daily selection of cartoons from The Far Side – previously unavailable online – as well as the “periodic unveiling of new work by Larson” from next year. “In truth, we really have no idea what might show up. But, on the other hand, what’s changed?” they said.
That's insanely cool, then.

You know, I'd like to see a Bloom County reboot and return. Opus and Bill the Cat were my 2 favorite characters. I've had a stuffed Opus in bathing cap and towel since the late 80's (wonder if it's worth anything).

You know, I'd like to see a Bloom County reboot and return. Opus and Bill the Cat were my 2 favorite characters. I've had a stuffed Opus in bathing cap and towel since the late 80's (wonder if it's worth anything).

Bloom Country was ok before the artist spazzed out and went all political. Then it made as little sense as Zippy the Pinhead.

Bloom Country was ok before the artist spazzed out and went all political. Then it made as little sense as Zippy the Pinhead.
Naaah, it's aight. He's always poked Trump with a stick, but it's never bitter and angry.

Naaah, it's aight. He's always poked Trump with a stick, but it's never bitter and angry.

When he started incessantly hammering GW, I thought it stopped being funny. He was just trying to be "edgy" and "cool."

Uncle Duke was cool though, until he shot himself in the head.

Best news of 2019!!!!!!!

When he started incessantly hammering GW, I thought it stopped being funny. He was just trying to be "edgy" and "cool."

Uncle Duke was from Doonesbury. And while Doonesbury was always political, it did get bitter and angry.

Uncle Duke was from Doonesbury. And while Doonesbury was always political, it did get bitter and angry.

Duhh. I got my comics mixed up. :21:

Forum List

Back