the evil weed

do you think the federal marijuana laws should follow the california paradigm ?

• yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As far as driving goes, I have seen studies that go either way on if it impairs you or not.

That being said, your argument about making it legal would be MUCH stronger if you wouldn't try the very dubious "its not as bad as booze" tactic. Not only is that silly, there's no need for it. Pot does impair, but if you feel an adult should be able to impair themselves with it, fight that fight, don't try the its not as bad as.......... argument.

well Con....show me were Pot has caused all the death and destruction that alcohol has.....and show me were it is as deadly and addicting as Cigarettes are...Nicotine is considered one of the most addicting things around and one of the hardest to stop taking....yet cigarettes are legal...

And as I have said. I am PRO allowing the voters of each state to vote on such, I just don't like people pretending that MJ doesn't get you high or whatever.. Come on.......
Have you actually had someone tell you marijuana doesn't get you high? If so, next time you see that person tell him he has to light it up. :tongue:

If you think that legalizing pot will make it harder for kids to get pot, then you are one fucked up stoner. There will be a black market on pot just as there is still a black market for homemade shine. Besides wouldn't putting restrictions on pot defeat the purpose of legalizing it?
The obvious argument to that notion is the fact that it presently is much easier for minors to buy illegal drugs than to buy alcohol, which is freely sold over the counter to adults.

Having read a number of your messages I am convinced that you are far too intelligent to be deluded by the kind of contrived Reefer Madness propaganda and junk science put forth by NIDA and other special interests. It occurs to me that your passionate anti-drug position must be motivated by some personal concern. So, in keeping with the adage that there is no reformer like a reformed drunk, I'll ask if there is a drug problem in your history?

I'm asking because of academic curiosity, not as prelude to criticism or intended offense.

Yeah if only Marijuana were legal, there'd be no problems associated with it. I mean, alcohol is legal and look, no one drives drunk or commits violent offenses while under the influence.
Umm, people do, in fact; drive while under the influence of alcohol. You can have your driver's license suspended, or revoked for being drunk behind the wheel. Driving is a priviledge and not an entitlement. Any sort of mental impairment while driving can be dangerous.

And as I have said. I am PRO allowing the voters of each state to vote on such, I just don't like people pretending that MJ doesn't get you high or whatever.. Come on.......
Have you actually had someone tell you marijuana doesn't get you high? If so, next time you see that person tell him he has to light it up. :tongue:

Oh yes, I've heard MANY people make claims that they weren't high and the proceed to fail even the most basic sobriety test. Of course to be fair, the same could be said for alcohol. But just as I said in the thread I'm having with Bert on the subject, just because one thing is legal that is no reason to make something else legal.

That's actually turning into a fairly interesting thread, Bert and I are debating making pot legal, decriminalizing other drugs and ending the so called war on drugs. Interesting in that I have been forced to defend keeping pot illegal even though I believe states should have the right to decide that issue on their own.

I'm not the one arguing to legalize it, dipshit.

It's your case to make, not mine.

its MISTER DIPSHIT to you fuckface....and by putting none of your own facts on the table,after calling for someone else to put some facts out,gives you just as much credibility in this debate as Topspin....and until you do, your just another anti-pot guy who has never smoked a joint in his life but yet ....knows how evil and horrible it is....because some other anti-pot guy told you about it....

I'm not debating against it. You're arguing for it.

Maybe if you weren't such a fucking pothead, this concept might be a little clearer.

Here's my fact - you're a fucking retard pot smoker who can't produce a rational argument. Maybe you should hire a pro-pot lobbyist. Just make sure he's not a fucking pothead like you otherwise he'll immediately be written off as an idiot.

pot is no more dangerous than tobacco and alcohol

more people die playing football each year than from smokng pot
more people die from mountain climbing, hockey, airplanes, tobacco, alcohol, fatty foods each year than from smokng pot

MILLIONS of GOOD Americans, in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, smoke pot and
own homes
graduate from college
own businesses
have careers
get married
have children
send children to college
and do NOT go around robbing and stealing

waging war on a drug that is no more dangerous than beer is an abomination

the drug war has ruined more lives than pot ever will

some of the greatest musicans, writers and athletes in the world smoked pot and STILL went on to have marvelous careers, including winning gold medals

real freedom means that every person has a right to decide for his/herself whether they will smoke tobacco or pot, or drink alcohol

its MISTER DIPSHIT to you fuckface....and by putting none of your own facts on the table,after calling for someone else to put some facts out,gives you just as much credibility in this debate as Topspin....and until you do, your just another anti-pot guy who has never smoked a joint in his life but yet ....knows how evil and horrible it is....because some other anti-pot guy told you about it....

Maybe if you weren't such a fucking pothead, this concept might be a little clearer.

Here's my fact - you're a fucking retard pot smoker who can't produce a rational argument. Maybe you should hire a pro-pot lobbyist. Just make sure he's not a fucking pothead like you otherwise he'll immediately be written off as an idiot.

pot is no more dangerous than tobacco and alcohol

more people die playing football each year than from smokng pot
more people die from mountain climbing, hockey, airplanes, tobacco, alcohol, fatty foods each year than from smokng pot

MILLIONS of GOOD Americans, in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, smoke pot and
own homes
graduate from college
own businesses
have careers
get married
have children
send children to college
and do NOT go around robbing and stealing

waging war on a drug that is no more dangerous than beer is an abomination

the drug war has ruined more lives than pot ever will

some of the greatest musicans, writers and athletes in the world smoked pot and STILL went on to have marvelous careers, including winning gold medals

real freedom means that every person has a right to decide for his/herself whether they will smoke tobacco or pot, or drink alcohol[/QUOTE]

REAL freedom would also being able to smoke crack if you so chose, or to murder if someone angered you. Sorry friend we do not live ina completely free society, whoever told you we did lied to you.

Simpltons always try to change what someone says so they can run out their tiny playbook.

there's been a lot of talk about weed on the cables this week. it's not a big deal issue, although it could be an economic solution, to a lot of problems, including me having to go into south chicago to score a dime bag of oregano.

your not?....you sure as hell seem like it in your posts dipshit...maybe if you were not such a fucking asshole you might realize....your arguing against it...

and here is my fact.....youre a fucking asshole that has no concept of pot....have never smoked it... but yet here you are acting like your some fucking jerk that actually knows what he is talking about...hey Sweetcheeks....go try some and then come back and then maybe you will have some credibility on this subject....until then....your just another poster,posting the usual anti-pot drivel...

your not?....you sure as hell seem like it in your posts dipshit...maybe if you were not such a fucking asshole you might realize....your arguing against it...

and here is my fact.....youre a fucking asshole that has no concept of pot....have never smoked it... but yet here you are acting like your some fucking jerk that actually knows what he is talking about...hey Sweetcheeks....go try some and then come back and then maybe you will have some credibility on this subject....until then....your just another poster,posting the usual anti-pot drivel...

Harry, I think you're generally reasonable, but your off base when you suggest that oly someone who has smoked pot has credibility on the subject. I have never smoked, yet I guarantee you I know more about the ugly side of pot than you do.

Harry, I think you're generally reasonable, but your off base when you suggest that oly someone who has smoked pot has credibility on the subject. I have never smoked, yet I guarantee you I know more about the ugly side of pot than you do.

you can guarantee that?....you dont know jack shit about me Con....you dont know anything about what i have experienced or seen..... in the 30 years i spent really into being a so-called "pot-head"....i went with guys into some pretty shady places to get some,and i found that POT wasnt the reason there was an ugly side...it usually had to do with a companion drug,like Heroin,meth,Barbiturates,Coke...usually something far worse than pot....most people who JUST SMOKE WEED....and touch nothing else....are usually ok people.....its all the other shit that some do in excess,along with pot, that brings the so called "ugly side" to light.....and of course...pot gets the blame for the ugliness....the "evil" weed....

you can guarantee that?....you dont know jack shit about me Con....you dont know anything about what i have experienced or seen..... in the 30 years i spent really into being a so-called "pot-head"....i went with guys into some pretty shady places to get some,and i found that POT wasnt the reason there was an ugly side...it usually had to do with a companion drug,like Heroin,meth,Barbiturates,Coke...usually something far worse than pot....most people who JUST SMOKE WEED....and touch nothing else....are usually ok people.....its all the other shit that some do in excess,along with pot, that brings the so called "ugly side" to light.....and of course...pot gets the blame for the ugliness....the "evil" weed....

Guarantee? Yes. and I'm not talking about the people who use pot. I'm talking about the people who make a living off pot. They are scumbags who need to be round up and locked away. Now you can say that legalizing MJ would eliminate these folks but in reality it would not , it would just push them into another illegal endeavor.

And remember, I'm PRO state's rights on this issue, but let's not pretend that pot is completely harmless, it is not.

and it would be 1,000 times easier to find worse negative affects related to beer.
Doctors are prescribing it for pain, nausia, anxiety and many other ills.

French fries are more harmfull than pot but I wouldn't follow that law like a blind leming where it in effect.

Cannabis use has been shown to lead to french fries.
Its true.
Nothing else is, but the munchies are pretty much an undocumented fact.

Conhog you are the embodiment of why they are called pigs. You take gots less fortunate and jail them for a harmless plant. Cops are bullies who couldn't succeed at higher paying jobs. Kick a kick in a wheelchair lately con.
Herb is a gift from the earth. And what's from the earth is of Jah,s greatest worth.

Conhog you are the embodiment of why they are called pigs. You take gots less fortunate and jail them for a harmless plant. Cops are bullies who couldn't succeed at higher paying jobs. Kick a kick in a wheelchair lately con.
Herb is a gift from the earth. And what's from the earth is of Jah,s greatest worth.

Man, there is seriously no way you have a high school diploma, let alone an MBA

And for the like a billionth time

A) I am in the national guard, not an LEO
B) 99% of those we served warrants on were for meth, pot is left for the local LEO if they wish to pursue it.

Well my apology. I have a ton more respect for a guardsman. I have not only no dog in the meth fight I'm all for eradicating it. I view pot like wine, so a guy growing or selling is like a winemaker to me but a wino to you. I know mostly people way richer than me and I have about a mill not that that is rich. I have a tendency to feel pity for the less fortunate and despise people who kick the poor.

willow douche keep bringing the comedy
con I'm glad your against prohibition
Yes some will still grow, but to think most will is comical. How many cig smokers you know growing tabacco in thier back yards.

It far easier to grow and them process hemp than tobacco.

Were it legalized I doubt that many people would pay $200 + per ounce for pot they could grow in their backyards virtually for nothing.

So my theory is even if they legalize it, they'll tax it such that it becomes impossible for home growing.

Why?

So the pols can reward their pals with lucrative growing and distribution monopolies.

I'm watching the State of Maine working on creating these marijuania monopolies right now, as a matter of fact.

For example, they're planning on allowing ONLY 9 distribution centers for medical marijuana in the entire state. (how you'd like to own THAT franchise, eh?)

And the cost to APPLY FOR a grower's license(not to get one, just to apply for one!) is $15,000.

And the state is giving us indication that they will severely limit the number of LEGAL growers, too.

Basically, marijuna fines are such a cash cow, that the state is now planning on making the medical marijuana growing and distribution the next CASH COW.

Just legalize and forget about it.

If people want to grow and or smoke dope it is none of the government's business.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back