The Evidence is In!

I understand that you are fascinated by small shiny objects, and find it difficult to juggle more than one thought in your head at a time...which is exactly what made you eligible to be Liberal...but an understanding of this subject may be beyond you:

All three.

Not one...three. 1-2-3.

The reponse to the problem is based on the constellation of said items:

1. lower taxes
2. less regulation
3. smaller government

ALL three.

Of course, those who have been alert during recent history realize that once this paradigm has been put in place, and the crisis is alleviated, your side will take credit for the victory...
...such is life.

No president in your lifetime has done ALL three.

The question was, when did the Bush tax cuts stop working?

I'll elaborate.

If taxes need to be lower, when did the Bush tax cuts stop working?

While I may not have been eligible to vote for him, President Reagan did.

Even adjusted for inflation, government spending increased year over year every year of the Reagan presidency except one, 1987, which was long after the recession ended. So Reagan? smaller government?

No.

So for the third time, when did the Bush tax cuts stop working?

What was "smaller" about government in 1988, relative to 1980?

As far as I know, Reagan greatly expanded the government during his two terms. By 90% by some estimates.
I will say it again...Reagan was a lot better than what we have in office now.

Reagan is the reason we're in this mess. Reagan was the father of the massive peacetime deficit, and the unpaid for war.

Reagan made fiscal irresponsibility politically and socially acceptable.

Pretty much the same stimulus plan that has always proved effective:
1. lower taxes
2. less regulation
3. smaller government.

When did the Bush tax cuts stop 'working'? And why?
First when the dimwits won congress in 2006, then came obamaturd and spend became his montra.

The Democrats didn't change the Bush tax cuts in 2007 or 2008, WTF are you talking about?

In fact, Bush and the Democrats passed a stimulus package in 2008 that included 80 billion in tax CUTS.

Why does the Right keep repeating the lie that Obama didn't focus enough on the economy?

Results are doing the talking.

Those results are not a lie.

What specifically should Obama have done that he didn't?

In addition to the things that PoliticalChic mentioned. ENERGY EXPOLORATION AND PRODUCTION! Would bring in 100s of billions in revenue, millions of jobs, oil futures would plummet dropping gas prices which would put more money in the pockets of everyday Americans. These energy prices are helping to suck the life out of our economy, but Obama refuses to budge, All the while his EPA puts more stringent regs on energy use and production...Unbelievable to me and any clear thinking person, which would exclude Obama.

did you guys watch Morning Joe today? the liberals were all in tears cause "civillity" is gone in America. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did you hear Palin's slam for them: Obama should like the TEA party, IF they are terrorists, ....

A simple statement that makes you say Hmmm.

In addition to the things that PoliticalChic mentioned. ENERGY EXPOLORATION AND PRODUCTION! Would bring in 100s of billions in revenue, millions of jobs, oil futures would plummet dropping gas prices which would put more money in the pockets of everyday Americans. These energy prices are helping to suck the life out of our economy, but Obama refuses to budge, All the while his EPA puts more stringent regs on energy use and production...Unbelievable to me and any clear thinking person, which would exclude Obama.

But wait! Oil fell 6%, and so will gasoline prices.

Why does the Right keep repeating the lie that Obama didn't focus enough on the economy?

Not passed Obama care
Allowed the oil companies to drill
Not stopped the oil companies from drilling
Not appointed Czars that are unaccountable to run the government
Done away with the TSA in airports
Kept his hands off executive orders (not passed any)
Reduced regulations or streamlined regulations
Played class warfare
Played sexual preference warfare
Played racist warfare
Played cops against professor warfare
Playing illegal immigration warfare
FIRED Eric Holder when he proved his leadership would not be blind justice but blatant discrimmination
He should not have allowed those firearms to go to crimminals in the southwest (all to limit the second Ammendment) that were used in crimes and the murder of one of our own
He should have left the terrorists trials that were set in place and not made a big spectacle of them about moving the trial to NYC
He should have acknowledged the terrible floods in the Nashville, TN area (were those citizens the wrong color)
He should have acknowledged ther terrible floods in the Midwest (were those citizens the wrong color)
He should have stood proud for the USA, and not apologized for our very existence to every foreign country he visited
He should have met foreign leaders like a man, and not bowed like an "inferior"
Should I go on .....

Should we have said that Obama didn't focus at all on the economy?

So now that Obama is done - and he is, you fully know; do you still get a check from the DNC to post your idiocy here?

I think they might as well lay you off and focus on the 2014 midterms.

Do you need it repeated?

Obama has signed over a trillion and half of stimulus. 3/4's of which was tax cuts.

NOW -

what should he have done that he didn't do, in regards to 'focusing'?

Be specific, or be silent.

Then why are we still borrowing, if he stimulated the economy?

As far as I know, Reagan greatly expanded the government during his two terms. By 90% by some estimates.

I don't get it. You point out a wrong, and call it wrong. Then you justify someone else doing the same wrong by saying: he did it too???????????????????????????????????

To review:

We are still stuck with that initial healthcare overhaul that, along with the continuing threat of Cap & Trade, has sidelined hundreds of billions if not trillions of investment capital that otherwise would have been circulating in the economy, used to hire and pay people, and would be purchasing raw materials that would be real stimulus.

We are stil stuck with an uncertain tax policy that has a conservatively estimated $3 trillion in American investment capital parked offshore.

We are still stuck with all the unsustainable entitlements that existed before.

We are stuck with a 2012 budget that will greatly expand spending as there are no real cuts for 2012 built into it and it won't be voted on as it was 'deemed to have been passed' in the debt ceiling gimmick we just witnessed.

The word is out that our government managed to spend almost ALL the debt ceiling increase this week. So by next week we could easily be facing another debt ceiling increase which the President has authority to do, via that 'compromise gimmick' and he almost certainly will.

The DOW fell 512.76 points today, the greatest single day decline since the housing bubble burst in 2008, all other indicators were also sharply down, and in the past week the market erased all its gains for the year.

Unemployment, which we were guaranteed would not rise over 8% if we went along with the stimulus package, seems stuck at just under 10%, housing continues to lose value across the country, and the misery index climbs day by day.

The national debt is now a hair's breadth within our entire annual GDP which is showing almost no growth which means the country is essentially bankrupt.

But our fearless leader was hosting his own $38,500/couple birthday bash in Chicago on Wednesday at which time he said this:

"It's been a long, tough journey. But we have made some incredible strides together. Yes, we have. But the thing that we all ought to remember is that as much as good as we have done, precisely because the challenges were so daunting, precisely because we we were inheriting so many challenges, that we're not even halfway there yet. When I said 'change we can believe in' I didn't say 'change we can believe in tomorrow.' Not change we can believe in next week. We knew this was going to take time because we've got this big, messy, tough democracy," President Obama said at a campaign fundraiser in Chicago on Wednesday night.

The man doesn't have a clue and it is obvious we can't look to him for leadership. And it's pretty hard to trust either the Democratic or Republican leadership after the smoke and mirrors scam they just pulled on us.

I don't get it. You point out a wrong, and call it wrong. Then you justify someone else doing the same wrong by saying: he did it too???????????????????????????????????
Everything's okay when Obama does it.

To review:

We are still stuck with that initial healthcare overhaul that, along with the continuing threat of Cap & Trade, has sidelined hundreds of billions if not trillions of investment capital that otherwise would have been circulating in the economy, used to hire and pay people, and would be purchasing raw materials that would be real stimulus.

We are stil stuck with an uncertain tax policy that has a conservatively estimated $3 trillion in American investment capital parked offshore.

We are still stuck with all the unsustainable entitlements that existed before.

We are stuck with a 2012 budget that will greatly expand spending as there are no real cuts for 2012 built into it and it won't be voted on as it was 'deemed to have been passed' in the debt ceiling gimmick we just witnessed.

The word is out that our government managed to spend almost ALL the debt ceiling increase this week. So by next week we could easily be facing another debt ceiling increase which the President has authority to do, via that 'compromise gimmick' and he almost certainly will.

The DOW fell 512.76 points today, the greatest single day decline since the housing bubble burst in 2008, all other indicators were also sharply down, and in the past week the market erased all its gains for the year.

Unemployment, which we were guaranteed would not rise over 8% if we went along with the stimulus package, seems stuck at just under 10%, housing continues to lose value across the country, and the misery index climbs day by day.

The national debt is now a hair's breadth within our entire annual GDP which is showing almost no growth which means the country is essentially bankrupt.

But our fearless leader was hosting his own $38,500/couple birthday bash in Chicago on Wednesday at which time he said this:

"It's been a long, tough journey. But we have made some incredible strides together. Yes, we have. But the thing that we all ought to remember is that as much as good as we have done, precisely because the challenges were so daunting, precisely because we we were inheriting so many challenges, that we're not even halfway there yet. When I said 'change we can believe in' I didn't say 'change we can believe in tomorrow.' Not change we can believe in next week. We knew this was going to take time because we've got this big, messy, tough democracy," President Obama said at a campaign fundraiser in Chicago on Wednesday night.

The man doesn't have a clue and it is obvious we can't look to him for leadership. And it's pretty hard to trust either the Democratic or Republican leadership after the smoke and mirrors scam they just pulled on us.

When I said 'change we can believe in' I didn't say 'change we can believe in tomorrow.' Not change we can believe in next week. We knew this was going to take time because we've got this big, messy, tough democracy,"

That's funny considering he predicted we'd say the oceans slowed their rise, before he was even elected.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto]‪Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone recall what the GOP 2009 stimulus plan was?

Pretty much the same stimulus plan that has always proved effective:
1. lower taxes
2. less regulation
3. smaller government.

It ALWAYS works to bring the working middle class in this country UP. Now for you dead--heads--that don't work--and live off the backs of others--this won't work for you.

Obama beats Carter's record for not understanding basic economics in this country--and Obama actually deserves to win a Pulitzer prize for it.

After 40+ years--I didn't think anyone would beat Carter's record as the WORST President of all---but Obama did it-

$fore.jpg

Well he usually blames things like President Bush or intransigent Republicans or people clinging to their guns and Bibles or Tea Partiers or Fox News or the evil rich who don't pay their 'fair share'. It's a refreshing change that he is adding democracy to the list of things he can blame. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back