the EU, Japan and China working closer than ever

the EU president is coming here sometime this week....at least thats what the news claimed.....

If he does, I bet he does not leave with a signed trade deal.

It will just be more of the same, Trump whining about how unfair the world is to the US and then he will talk about fake news and the EU guy will go home wondering why he just wasted his time talking to a reality TV star.

EU leaders coming to China, Japan to counter U.S. protectionism

"This agreement will create an open trade zone covering nearly a third of the world's GDP," Schinas added.

And the US is left out in the cold because Trump took his ball and went home.

This is what happens when you have valid terms of trade complaints and an inability to develop and execute an effective strategy.

Tariffs were never the answer and using them to take on all our biggest trading partners simultaneously was reckless.

"This agreement will create an open trade zone covering nearly a third of the world's GDP," Schinas added.

The rest of the world would be smart to weaken ties with us. The Trump admin is a reminder that the same people who voted for Dubya and his abuse of our allies are still around and still doubling down on stupid.

The rest of the world would be smart to weaken ties with us. The Trump admin is a reminder that the same people who voted for Dubya and his abuse of our allies are still around and still doubling down on stupid.

What Trump has done more than anything is show the rest of the world that any agreement made by the US is only good till the next election, then all bets are off.

That is not a good thing.

What Trump has done more than anything is show the rest of the world that any agreement made by the US is only good till the next election, then all bets are off.

Yes but he’s also signalled that there are enough people in the country hostile towards our alliances and agreements that our electorate can’t be trusted to vote to keep either. The problem is not just figureheads and politicians.

Yes but he’s also signalled that there are enough people in the country hostile towards our alliances and agreements that our electorate can’t be trusted to vote to keep either. The problem is not just figureheads and politicians.
Very good point, but what to do about that?

Very good point, but what to do about that?
I guess try not to let the good people in this country, who are an overwhelming majority, grow complacent as they were in 2016. Overwhelm the broken electoral system with numbers so that the minority can’t enact policy they design to inflict harm on the majority.

EU about to get raped by China...

Why stop at trade though? I think they should lower the borders as well. A zone of true free movement.

Why stop at trade though? I think they should lower the borders as well. A zone of true free movement.

Raped by China =

4% unemployment
108 straight months of economic expansion
More jobs than people to fill them
Record high consumer confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Raped by China =

4% unemployment

You sure like to make stuff up don't you?

Unemployment rate in the EU is over 7%.

Raped by China =

4% unemployment

I am talking about the US you moron. All you sheep claim that is what China is doing to the US

Raped by China =

4% unemployment

I am talking about the US you moron. All you sheep claim that is what China is doing to the US

Why would we get raped? We have TRUMP!!

Raped by China =

4% unemployment

Why would we get raped? We have TRUMP!!

According to Trump, you and the rest of the sheep China has been raping us over trade and that is why we need Trump. Too bad the facts do not support that lie you have been spoon fed

Raped by China =

4% unemployment

LOL! Too fucking funny. I'm half assed following this thread and even I knew what country you were referring to.

the EU president is coming here sometime this week....at least thats what the news claimed.....

It will just be more of the same, Trump whining about how unfair the world is to the US and then he will talk about fake news and the EU guy will go home wondering why he just wasted his time talking to a reality TV star.
and so what if those trade deals are unfair to this country?...what would you do?....

and so what if those trade deals are unfair to this country?...what would you do?....

Fair is a child's concept, it does not exist in the real world. The problem with "fair" is that it is in the eye of the beholder, thus it holds no true meaning.

What we want are trade deals that are mutually beneficial.

We are sitting at 4% unemployment with more jobs than people to fill them. We are 108 months into the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country with consumer confidence at an all time high, or close to it.

We export 4 times as much manufactured goods as we did just 20 years ago and in 2015 we had a trade surplus of manufactured goods with the rest of the world.

All of those things would indicate to me that our trade deals have been beneficial to this country.

Fair is a child's concept, it does not exist in the real world. The problem with "fair" is that it is in the eye of the beholder, thus it holds no true meaning.

What we want are trade deals that are mutually beneficial.

We are sitting at 4% unemployment with more jobs than people to fill them. We are 108 months into the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country with consumer confidence at an all time high, or close to it.

We export 4 times as much manufactured goods as we did just 20 years ago and in 2015 we had a trade surplus of manufactured goods with the rest of the world.

All of those things would indicate to me that our trade deals have been beneficial to this country.
so as long as they are beneficial they dont have to be fair to us....is that what you are saying?....why should the other countries get more out of it then we do?.....why cant the deals affect both countries fairly evenly?....

Forum List

Back