The Equalizer

Book of Eli was boff.

Lol! It was boff? I thought that meant sex. Like boink. :lol: You want to have intercourse with that movie?
Multiple times. :beer:

Boff, as in boffo.

a success.
"the finale is a genuine boffo"
Then there's Mr. Boffo...

boff.jpg

Denzel Washington has no business whatsoever playing the great Robert McCall.

Liam Neeson wiould've been perfect for the role.

Makes me sick.

Anyhoo, here's a thread I started about the movie a few months back, as soon as I got word that it would be coming out at summer's end:

the greatest tv series ever US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Well, I happen to like Denzel, and stop trying to bump your own thread in my thread. :rolleyes-41:

If I were trying to bump my own thread, I would've made a new post in it, dumbass.

You always do that. God forbid someone else try start a thread without you mentioning how you already started one and linking to it.

If you don't want to talk about THIS movie, then get lost . . . dumbass.

I love Denzel, But isn't this a remake of an old CBS Show? He is getting rather long in the tooth, but, hell, we are goanna set you young know- it- all's straight, or die trying.

I love Denzel, But isn't this a remake of an old CBS Show? He is getting rather long in the tooth, but, hell, we are goanna set you young know- it- all's straight, or die trying.

What about Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro - all of those guys are old guys and still make great movies. Who cares what kids like Rizgerkin think. I think it looks like a great movie, and I would definitely see it.

I really enjoyed Jodi Foster in her vigilante movie too (I can't recall the name of it now). That was a really good movie. I am more interested in the plots and that the acting is good and quality acting, not so much the age or the hotness of the actors/actresses. That does NOTHING for me as far as a movie goes. Lol! Maybe it's just because I'm female. Don't know.

What about Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro - all of those guys are old guys and still make great movies. Who cares what kids like Rizgerkin think. I think it looks like a great movie, and I would definitely see it.

I really enjoyed Jodi Foster in her vigilante movie too (I can't recall the name of it now). That was a really good movie. I am more interested in the plots and that the acting is good and quality acting, not so much the age or the hotness of the actors/actresses. That does NOTHING for me as far as a movie goes. Lol! Maybe it's just because I'm female. Don't know.

Stallone is a parody of himself when he plays a tough guy. Same with Schwarzenegger. They had their time in the sun and now they're too old. Eastwood is playing old characters, same with DeNiro and Pacino.

Book of Eli was boff.

I liked Training Day. One of my favorite movies. I also liked him in the Bone Collector. A couple of others that I can't think of right now, but I think he's a great actor. :)

Deja vue

Deja vue that you are wrong? I had that feeling too. Lol!

I was joking with you! :biggrin:

That was a good movie. I liked that one a lot too. I liked The Fallen too. That was creepy and really good.

Stallone is a parody of himself when he plays a tough guy. Same with Schwarzenegger. They had their time in the sun and now they're too old. Eastwood is playing old characters, same with DeNiro and Pacino.

So? I don't think Denzel is trying to be a 20-year-old kid in this movie. He is just playing a vigilante. I never saw the television show because it was before my time, but there is no rule that says the characters have to be the same.

Book of Eli was boff.

I liked Training Day. One of my favorite movies. I also liked him in the Bone Collector. A couple of others that I can't think of right now, but I think he's a great actor. :)

Deja vue

That was a good movie. I liked that one a lot too. I liked The Fallen too. That was creepy and really good.

I liked it too. He was playing an age-appropriate part, not some walking vengeance machine taking down drug gangs single handedly in 19 seconds.

If Hollywood needs to remake tv shows and engage in cross racial casting for Denzel then they should remake the Waltons and cast Denzel as Grandpa Walton telling stories to the youngins.

Deja vue

I liked it too. He was playing an age-appropriate part, not some walking vengeance machine taking down drug gangs single handedly in 19 seconds.

If Hollywood needs to remake tv shows and engage in cross racial casting for Denzel then they should remake the Waltons and cast Denzel as Grandpa Walton telling stories to the youngins.

Hey, Jodi Foster did it in her movie. (I wish I could remember the name of that movie, Pride or something? Don't know). She was a DJ and her and her fiance were attacked by some gang members, and he was killed, but she lived but was raped and stuff. She went and got a gun and went around shooting the ones who attacked her and killed her boyfriend. They also stole her dog, but she ended up getting him back at the end. What WAS that movie? I'll have google it because it's going to drive me crazy.

Anyway, if she can do it, why not Denzel? It's not like he's swinging from vines and being Rambo or anything. In real life, there are plenty of older people who can be dangerous. They're all fat old men in the mob movies too. So there! Lol!

Forum List

Back