The Equalizer

Hollywood needs to get its act together. Denzel is looking old and he doesn't fit the action hero mold any longer but I can't think of any up and comers who would be more appropriate for this role. Please, no one say "the Rock."

Actors have a longer shelf life than actresses but their Best By date does come eventually. Denzel's star has faded.

Hollywood needs to get its act together. Denzel is looking old and he doesn't fit the action hero mold any longer but I can't think of any up and comers who would be more appropriate for this role. Please, no one say "the Rock."

Actors have a longer shelf life than actresses but their Best By date does come eventually. Denzel's star has faded.

No way! He's still awesome. It's not like the last couple of Indiana Jones movies where he's swinging from ropes and stuff. He has a gun!

Oh, and another reason why you are WRONG (as usual, whenever you try to argue with moi - LOL), just look at Clint Eastwood's last movie, Grand Torino. It was a big hit.

Oh, and another reason why you are WRONG (as usual, whenever you try to argue with moi - LOL), just look at Clint Eastwood's last movie, Grand Torino. It was a big hit.

Eastwood played an old geezer. Meryl Streep played Margaret Thatcher.

Denzel is playing a badass wrecking machine taking on hoodlums. That's about as believable as Starbuck in BSG being a brawling bruiser taking down buff guys.

Denzel is playing a badass wrecking machine taking on hoodlums. That's about as believable as Starbuck in BSG being a brawling bruiser taking down buff guys.

He's a vigilante with a weapon, and probably training, so you are wrong as usual. :razz:

He's a vigilante with a weapon, and probably training, so you are wrong as usual. :razz:

And between whoopin on drug dealers, he leans on his walker to catch his breath, then goes home and checks to see if his SS check arrived yet.

And between whoopin on drug dealers, he leans on his walker to catch his breath, then goes home and checks to see if his SS check arrived yet.

Good grief! He isn't THAT old! :lol: Besides, a lot of women find older men sexy. :wink_2:

Good grief! He isn't THAT old! :lol: Besides, a lot of women find older men sexy. :wink_2:

He's a few months shy of 60. Are golden years audiences really crying out for action movies where bodies are piling up or is that kind of movie more appealing to an unsophisticated young man audience. What 20 year old wants to go see a movie about some grandpa kicking ass?

He's a few months shy of 60. Are golden years audiences really crying out for action movies where bodies are piling up or is that kind of movie more appealing to an unsophisticated young man audience. What 20 year old wants to go see a movie about some grandpa kicking ass?

I don't care. What do I care what some 20-year-old kid wants to see? I'm talking about what I want to see. :smile:

Denzel Washington has no business whatsoever playing the great Robert McCall.

Liam Neeson wiould've been perfect for the role.

Makes me sick.

Anyhoo, here's a thread I started about the movie a few months back, as soon as I got word that it would be coming out at summer's end:

the greatest tv series ever US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Well, I happen to like Denzel, and stop trying to bump your own thread in my thread. :rolleyes-41:

If I were trying to bump my own thread, I would've made a new post in it, dumbass.

Forum List

Back