The Equalizer

It does look interesting. I'll have to check it out. :D

Well, here's a guy in his 20s, and HE wants to see the movie. :funnyface: Wrong again Rizgerkin.

Well, to be fair, I do want to see it. However, I think Liam Neeson is probably the better action movie star. :D

You think? Well he's old too! :dunno: I think I like Denzel better. He seems cooler IMO. :D

BUT LIAM NEESON IS BAD ASS!!
lol.gif

Well, here's a guy in his 20s, and HE wants to see the movie. :funnyface: Wrong again Rizgerkin.

Well, to be fair, I do want to see it. However, I think Liam Neeson is probably the better action movie star. :D

You think? Well he's old too! :dunno: I think I like Denzel better. He seems cooler IMO. :D

lol.gif

So is Denzel!!! :biggrin: Or he can be when he wants to!

lol.gif

You know, I always thought that George Clooney would make a good James Bond if he had an English accent. Lol!

The name of the movie with Jodie Foster is The Brave One. :biggrin: Good movie!

Here's a clue why not.

Budget:
$70,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend:
£497,838 (UK) (28 September 2007)
Gross:
$36,789,772 (USA) (22 November 2007)

A favorite clip here. Mr. Cool under pressure and in control.

...and he's DRUNK! :beer:

He was pretty awesome in that movie. Gotta give credit where it's due.
lol.gif

I was near tears in the closing scenes, when he was testifying in front of a panel of superiors. He didn't sell out his crew. He done fessed up. Smart Negro. :thup:

Ooops I mean...

Hollywood needs to get its act together. Denzel is looking old and he doesn't fit the action hero mold any longer but I can't think of any up and comers who would be more appropriate for this role. Please, no one say "the Rock."

Actors have a longer shelf life than actresses but their Best By date does come eventually. Denzel's star has faded.

Oh, and another reason why you are WRONG (as usual, whenever you try to argue with moi - LOL), just look at Clint Eastwood's last movie, Grand Torino. It was a big hit.

Eastwood played an old geezer. Meryl Streep played Margaret Thatcher.

Denzel is playing a badass wrecking machine taking on hoodlums. That's about as believable as Starbuck in BSG being a brawling bruiser taking down buff guys.
the original equalizer on TV was an old timer too.....just somewhat paler......

Hollywood needs to get its act together. Denzel is looking old and he doesn't fit the action hero mold any longer but I can't think of any up and comers who would be more appropriate for this role. Please, no one say "the Rock."

Actors have a longer shelf life than actresses but their Best By date does come eventually. Denzel's star has faded.

Oh, and another reason why you are WRONG (as usual, whenever you try to argue with moi - LOL), just look at Clint Eastwood's last movie, Grand Torino. It was a big hit.

Denzel is playing a badass wrecking machine taking on hoodlums. That's about as believable as Starbuck in BSG being a brawling bruiser taking down buff guys.

That wasn't an action show though - he didn't want into a room with 15 Russian mobs guys and disable them all in 20 seconds.

Being an old guy and using your head and a bit of judiciously applied violence is plausible but being an old guy who is brawling wrecking machine who floors young, tough, violent hoodlums is simply not believable.

That wasn't an action show though - he didn't want into a room with 15 Russian mobs guys and disable them all in 20 seconds.

Being an old guy and using your head and a bit of judiciously applied violence is plausible but being an old guy who is brawling wrecking machine who floors young, tough, violent hoodlums is simply not believable.

So . . . don't watch it then.

ABBA was offered $1 billion to regroup and tour. They turned it down and stated that their time in the sun had passed. They didn't want to tarnish their image by being a bunch of old geezers on stage and wiping out the fun image that they had created.

Old movie actors need to follow that strategy. A 60 year old guy is not right for the part of a brawler mercenary.

ABBA was offered $1 billion to regroup and tour. They turned it down and stated that their time in the sun had passed. They didn't want to tarnish their image by being a bunch of old geezers on stage and wiping out the fun image that they had created.

Old movie actors need to follow that strategy. A 60 year old guy is not right for the part of a brawler mercenary.

Whatever. I think it looks good and will probably see it.

He's a vigilante with a weapon, and probably training, so you are wrong as usual. :razz:

And between whoopin on drug dealers, he leans on his walker to catch his breath, then goes home and checks to see if his SS check arrived yet.

Good grief! He isn't THAT old! :lol: Besides, a lot of women find older men sexy. :wink_2:

He's a few months shy of 60. Are golden years audiences really crying out for action movies where bodies are piling up or is that kind of movie more appealing to an unsophisticated young man audience. What 20 year old wants to go see a movie about some grandpa kicking ass?

Considering action movies with Liam Neeson, Bruce Willis, Stallone and his ensemble of old action stars, etc. are being made and making money, I'd say there's plenty of audience for older action stars. And of the older ones out there, I think Denzel Washington is probably one of the more believable. His action is often a bit more subdued than some of the others.

On an unrelated note, I think Man on Fire may be my favorite Denzel movie. :)

He's a vigilante with a weapon, and probably training, so you are wrong as usual. :razz:

And between whoopin on drug dealers, he leans on his walker to catch his breath, then goes home and checks to see if his SS check arrived yet.

Good grief! He isn't THAT old! :lol: Besides, a lot of women find older men sexy. :wink_2:

He's a few months shy of 60. Are golden years audiences really crying out for action movies where bodies are piling up or is that kind of movie more appealing to an unsophisticated young man audience. What 20 year old wants to go see a movie about some grandpa kicking ass?

Considering action movies with Liam Neeson, Bruce Willis, Stallone and his ensemble of old action stars, etc. are being made and making money, I'd say there's plenty of audience for older action stars. And of the older ones out there, I think Denzel Washington is probably one of the more believable. His action is often a bit more subdued than some of the others.

On an unrelated note, I think Man on Fire may be my favorite Denzel movie. :)

I agree with that. He isn't an "action hero" at all really.

BTW, Man on Fire is another great movie. Denzel is a great actor. :)

Older bands make music left and right. Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, etc. etc. Hell, I'm excited that Faith No More is apparently going to be putting out a new album next year for the first time in 18 years. Sure, sometimes it can be terrible; I wish Metallica had stopped making music after ...And Justice, for instance. Still, plenty of bands have done it and been able to make music that is at least fairly popular.

Older bands make music left and right. Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, etc. etc. Hell, I'm excited that Faith No More is apparently going to be putting out a new album next year for the first time in 18 years. Sure, sometimes it can be terrible; I wish Metallica had stopped making music after ...And Justice, for instance. Still, plenty of bands have done it and been able to make music that is at least fairly popular.

I think Rikurzhen is probably a teenager. :D

Forum List

Back