The Economy Is So Bad...

Is the economy so bad that most people are actually preparing food at home again?
Having their cell phones turned off? their net access? not buying $5 coffee at Starbucks?
Are we not burning a tank of gas a week hauling children to music, soccer, tennis, etc practice?

We have learned nothing yet, more suffering is yet required.

Yeah.......that would be bad........having to prepare food YOURSELF at home? Shit man.....that's self sufficiency with a capital "S"!

Not only that, but you'd know what had been put into it (remember the cops that ended up with marijuana burgers)?

Having your cell phone turned off? Sounds good to me......then,my friends would actually have to come see me to talk to me instead of phoning or texting it in.

Would also free up a lot of time. Same with net access.

No 5 dollar coffee? Great! Use it to buy some healthy food and black tea.

Not burning a whole bunch of gas taking kids to activities where their parents live vicariously through them?

AWESOME! Maybe then the family unit will mean something again, other than the lip service paid to it by the "party of family values".

Besides.........if you spend too much time wrapping your life up in comfort and convenience, what is going to happen when an earthquake, fire, flood, hurricane, tsunami, or man made disaster (a la 9/11) hits?

I'll tell you. You won't have the devices to help you, and, because a person never thought it was worth the effort to learn to do it on their own?

They die.

Me? I live within my means.

1. The economy is so bad... That I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

2. The economy is so bad... I ordered a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"

3. The economy is so bad... That CEO's are now playing miniature golf.

4. The economy is so bad... If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you call them and ask if they meant you or them.

5. The economy is so bad... Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

6. The economy is so bad... McDonald's is selling the 1/4 ouncer.

7. The economy is so bad... Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children's names.

8. The economy is so bad... A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico.

9. The economy is so bad... Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.

10. The economy is so bad... Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.

11. The economy is so bad... The Mafia is laying off judges.

12. The economy is so bad... Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

And finally... Congress says they are looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh Great! The guy who made $50 billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 trillion disappear!

::( The Economy is so bad: When you go to a Market, to buy food items, they charge you twice, for the same item saying that this is how they work it.BS!!!!!

Clearly, from this thread, liberals are struggling with the concept of 'humor'. Bless them. I guess I wouldn't be laughing either if I'd been stupid enough to vote for Obama.

It's not stupid to be successfully sold a well disguised bucket of bullshit. Gullible maybe, but not stupid.

Besides, given the choice of Karl Roves other lap-dog, John McSame and Obama, I would either cast the same vote that I did or just skip the President line on the ballot.

Do you not think it is about time that the American people - whether left or right - decided that, after decade upon decade of abuse by power hungry, corrupt, liars - we said 'enough is enough'?

I'm ready. I really thought we had our 'enough is enough' guy when Obama slipped past a predictably controllable Hillary and in to the Whitehouse. Too bad he turned out to be a lobbyists lap-dog just like the rest of 'em.

What's our next move?

Forum List

Back