The Economy is like The Three Bears

hmuller

Rookie
Mar 20, 2009
The Three Bears

Once upon a time in a faraway land there lived three bears. And one fine day they

decided to take a walk in the woods. While they were gone Goldman-Locks

broke into their cottage and began to work her wicked mischief.

When the three bears returned,

Obama-bear said: Somebody has been leveraging my porridge 30 to 1.

Geithner-bear said: Somebody has marked my porridge to market and

now it’s nearly worthless.

Bernanke-bear said: Somebody used my porridge to make ethanol, and

now I have nothing to eat.

Looking about the room,

Obama-bear said: Somebody has been sitting in my chair making promises

to China.

“Maybe it was Hillary-bear,” offered Bernanke-bear.

“No, the butt prints are too small,” Obama-bear observed.

Geithner-bear said: Somebody has been sitting in my chair squandering

trillions of dollars.

Bernanke-bear said: Somebody has been sitting in my chair printing counterfeit

money. Oh wait, never mind, that was me.

Walking into the bedroom,

Obama-bear said: Somebody has been dividing my bed into tranches and selling it

to foreigners.

Geithner-bear said: Somebody took all the equity out of my bed, and now I have only

bare boards to sleep on.

Bernanke-bear said: Somebody slapped a foreclosure lien on my bed, and look she’s

still in it.

At that, the three bears attempted to seize Goldman-Locks, but she was too fast and

slippery for them. After a futile and tiring chase, they finally agreed to give her everything

they owned and everything all the other bears owned. And that is why bears today are all

homeless and eating out of dumpsters.

Next week: The wolf and the three pork barrel pigs strike a deal.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I keep on telling you people, it is impossible to crash the dollar. If we could, it would make American products so cheap we would outsell China. If fact, we could even sell our products in China at a lower price then they could.

The reality is, all the other countries will not let the dollar crash. They could not afford that. We have to have a balance between the currencies of the productive countries of the world, or one country would own the world. Such is the reality of the global economy.

I keep on telling you people, it is impossible to crash the dollar. If we could, it would make American products so cheap we would outsell China. If fact, we could even sell our products in China at a lower price then they could.

The reality is, all the other countries will not let the dollar crash. They could not afford that. We have to have a balance between the currencies of the productive countries of the world, or one country would own the world. Such is the reality of the global economy.

bingo you are correct sir

why do you assume they work in concert ? what about the following scenario:

some small country dumps their dollars without taking a big hit which makes medium sized countries panic suspecting that other medium sized countries are about to dump theirs and a chain reaction is set off. dollar begins sliding faster and faster until at some point china realizes its a lose-lose situation and dumps theirs as well. and dollar is gone.

:eek:

Forum List

Back