The Drive to Become ‘Fox News Famous’ Hurts the Right

On this board alone....how many minds have been changed, and people switched over their beliefs?

NONE of any of this has to do with FOX or any other news channel.
I disagree. There are a great number of FOX viewers who refuse to watch anything other than FOX for their news, and only go to Right-Wing websites for online content. This echo chamber effect hardens positions. It's gotten to the point where Right-Wingers reject the whole concept of compromise. As the article lays out, this results in Republican politicians taking the most extreme positions, because they can get "FOX famous". They get short-term gains, but in the long run lose national elections because they are no longer capable of influencing the majority of the nation.

Do you watch FOX??
I catch specific FOX shows, like Fox News Sunday to see what bullshit Brit Hume is trying to sell, How wishy-washy Juan Williams is at any given moment, and if Chris Wallace is asking tough, fair questions (which he does), or being a shill for the Right (which he does). George Will is usually George Will, which can be entertaining, if not intellectually stimulating.

I'll catch some Megyn Kelly at times, and I sometimes tune in Hannity for a good laugh at his idiocy while wondering just how stupid his fans really are. But I never watch any FOX & Friends because they're retards.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I don't see any of this as some sort of movement. Generally you have liberals, conservatives and Independents. It has always been this way.
Nothing new. Never will be either.

On this board alone....how many minds have been changed, and people switched over their beliefs?

NONE of any of this has to do with FOX or any other news channel. Most have minds of their own.
The main difference I see here (and other places) is how nasty we all are acting toward one another.

I do not get why some liberals seem so scared of FOX though.

Not the least bit afraid of Fox, but you should be.

If a fox has rabies and alone with you in the woods, yes. If its a TV show that you can choose not to watch NO.

for some reason Libs seem to be quite afraid, could they possibly be confusing the two?

Notice how I don't get an answer when I ask if someone watches FOX?
Maybe because my power has been out since Thursday?

• Thanks
I don't see any of this as some sort of movement. Generally you have liberals, conservatives and Independents. It has always been this way.
Nothing new. Never will be either.

NONE of any of this has to do with FOX or any other news channel. Most have minds of their own.
The main difference I see here (and other places) is how nasty we all are acting toward one another.

I do not get why some liberals seem so scared of FOX though.

Not the least bit afraid of Fox, but you should be.

If a fox has rabies and alone with you in the woods, yes. If its a TV show that you can choose not to watch NO.

for some reason Libs seem to be quite afraid, could they possibly be confusing the two?

Notice how I don't get an answer when I ask if someone watches FOX?
Maybe because my power has been out since Thursday?

Yeah, but that I asked you that 6 weeks ago. :eusa_liar:

Sorry your power has been out. That sucks. I did think about you with the storms and all.

NONE of any of this has to do with FOX or any other news channel.
I disagree. There are a great number of FOX viewers who refuse to watch anything other than FOX for their news, and only go to Right-Wing websites for online content. This echo chamber effect hardens positions. It's gotten to the point where Right-Wingers reject the whole concept of compromise. As the article lays out, this results in Republican politicians taking the most extreme positions, because they can get "FOX famous". They get short-term gains, but in the long run lose national elections because they are no longer capable of influencing the majority of the nation.

Do you watch FOX??
I catch specific FOX shows, like Fox News Sunday to see what bullshit Brit Hume is trying to sell, How wishy-washy Juan Williams is at any given moment, and if Chris Wallace is asking tough, fair questions (which he does), or being a shill for the Right (which he does). George Will is usually George Will, which can be entertaining, if not intellectually stimulating.

I'll catch some Megyn Kelly at times, and I sometimes tune in Hannity for a good laugh at his idiocy while wondering just how stupid his fans really are. But I never watch any FOX & Friends because they're retards.

I think maybe you watch more than I do. I never have watched Fox and Friends. Never watch Hannity. He annoys me....especially after all the years we were on his site (well the site that uses his name).
I like Chris Wallace okay. I do watch Greta most I guess.

I tried watching fox back awhile ago and there was this conspiracy nutcase Glenn Beck ranting about current events and comparing them to nazi Germany while trying to plot it all out on a chalkboard with lines and arrows and circles all over the place. After realizing the channel was a joke and that my IQ was dropping while watching I never tuned in again.

• Thanks
I tried watching fox back awhile ago and there was this conspiracy nutcase Glenn Beck ranting about current events and comparing them to nazi Germany while trying to plot it all out on a chalkboard with lines and arrows and circles all over the place. After realizing the channel was a joke and that my IQ was dropping while watching I never tuned in again.

I don't know that he is on FOX anymore. Not that I know of. I can't stand him.

Forum List

Back