Pawn Stars BullShit!!!!

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
Anybody who falls for that load of crap has a personal problem.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

coolstorypawn.jpg

Its a sucky show. And the way he gloats when he practically steals the stuff makes me want to smack him in the face.

when I watched it, they got in some really cool stuff.

and some lame ass shit that made me think; Who bought that in the first place and kept it thinking it was awesome enough for an antique?

I like watch to Pawn Stars when they are new episodes. I don't care to watch the
reruns over and over again......
It's kind of like antique road show, except they put their money where their mouth is.

Also, people that bring their stuff to sell there know they are selling at a wholesale price, the pawn shop has to mark thing up considerably to make a profit.

Of course, like most all reality shows, I suspect they stage a lot of shit.

I like watch to Pawn Stars when they are new episodes. I don't care to watch the
reruns over and over again......
It's kind of like antique road show, except they put their money where their mouth is.

Also, people that bring their stuff to sell there know they are selling at a wholesale price, the pawn shop has to mark thing up considerably to make a profit.

Of course, like most all reality shows, I suspect they stage a lot of shit.
I think a lot of the reactions are coached, unless they know they can get a big one.

plus anyone on it knows they are in front of a camera and have to follow some direction.

Ever been to it in Vegas? It is dinky. Very small. And dirty? Oh yes. Dusty, smells bad, and they are never there unless it is show time. Friend of mine went...stood outside for 2 hours waiting for his turn to get in and was so disappointed in the crap in there...he left. Even what you see on the show is staged. All that cool stuff is NOT there. Just overpriced junk. That's dirty.

Ever been to it in Vegas? It is dinky. Very small. And dirty? Oh yes. Dusty, smells bad, and they are never there unless it is show time. Friend of mine went...stood outside for 2 hours waiting for his turn to get in and was so disappointed in the crap in there...he left. Even what you see on the show is staged. All that cool stuff is NOT there. Just overpriced junk. That's dirty.
it's a PAWN shop.

ever been to one?

all the crap you see there is crap.

old, used, ugly, worn, outdated, crap.

if they get anything good, actually good, it goes to auction or online so they can make a good profit.

plus as much traffic as they get, anything good is bought quickly

So it really is a typical pawnshop!

it's a PAWN shop.

ever been to one?

all the crap you see there is crap.

old, used, ugly, worn, outdated, crap.

if they get anything good, actually good, it goes to auction or online so they can make a good profit.

plus as much traffic as they get, anything good is bought quickly
Yes. I've been to many, but not that one. When I was younger, I liked browsing in them. Last one I entered was in Maui. LOVED the attic section. Dusty, moldy, dirty and full of awesome stuff. But they weren't on TV pretending to have a store all spiffy and glittery either.

Its a sucky show. And the way he gloats when he practically steals the stuff makes me want to smack him in the face.
No one forces the seller to accept an offer.

IMO most people looking to sell something for a few bucks do so because they've never learned to manage what money they've got.

Everything is scripted before they walk in. The seller is invited to the show, they discuss the item, Old man says....you know, George Washington was one of our greatest presidents, Chumlee says.....Is he the guy who built the bridge?
The dickering is decided before hand as is whether they will buy it or not
You don't even know if money actually changed hands

Pawn shops dont actuall BUY your crap you bring to them.

They are giving you a small loan that is maybe 20% of the actual resale value of your crap. So if you bring in a portable stereo that you paid $200 for, it is probably only worth $100, if that, and you might get a LOAN for $20 to $40. The stereo is merely collateral and believe it or not most pawn shops make most of their money on the interest that they charge you as most people come back and repay the loan and reclaim their collateral.

Pawnshops that make only small loans are actually doing the customer a favor as they are making their cost to reclaim their merchandise crap much easier. The few that buy hot items usually get busted and closed down as it is illegal to resell stolen goods and the cops issue lists of local items stolen that the pawnshops are supposed to review when they come out. Some do and all the pawn shops that get caught up int he back trail of bought then rehawked items, sometimes a dozen different stores, are then guilty of trafficking in illegal stolen goods and often get shut down.

Of course the items are sold like they were new because many people are stupid enough to think that items in any store are like new products. Go figure.

But you can find some deals from time to time. I know a guy who bought a couple of boxes of MTG cards back in the 90s that had about a dozen Moxes in them for about $200. IF the pawn shop owner knew what they actual value was, he would have cried for a week. IF he knew how much they are worth now he have gone and hung himself.

Pawn shops dont actuall BUY your crap you bring to them.

They are giving you a small loan that is maybe 20% of the actual resale value of your crap. So if you bring in a portable stereo that you paid $200 for, it is probably only worth $100, if that, and you might get a LOAN for $20 to $40. The stereo is merely collateral and believe it or not most pawn shops make most of their money on the interest that they charge you as most people come back and repay the loan and reclaim their collateral.

Pawnshops that make only small loans are actually doing the customer a favor as they are making their cost to reclaim their merchandise crap much easier. The few that buy hot items usually get busted and closed down as it is illegal to resell stolen goods and the cops issue lists of local items stolen that the pawnshops are supposed to review when they come out. Some do and all the pawn shops that get caught up int he back trail of bought then rehawked items, sometimes a dozen different stores, are then guilty of trafficking in illegal stolen goods and often get shut down.

Of course the items are sold like they were new because many people are stupid enough to think that items in any store are like new products. Go figure.

But you can find some deals from time to time. I know a guy who bought a couple of boxes of MTG cards back in the 90s that had about a dozen Moxes in them for about $200. IF the pawn shop owner knew what they actual value was, he would have cried for a week. IF he knew how much they are worth now he have gone and hung himself.
a dozen Moxen?

good lord

each one is worth over $200. What idiot sold them to a pawn shop?

Forum List

Back