The Dominoes Are Falling

Why Chesebro cut a deal and what it means for Trump

Chesebro’s memos, dating from Nov. 18, 2020, through Dec. 24, 2020, would be devastating to any defense. Chesebro went from suggesting slates of alternate electors should be chosen in case a court threw out Biden electors to openly advocating that even in the absence of litigation, phony electors could be chosen and relied upon to deny Biden his rightful victory.

The Dec. 24 memo might have been the most devastating to Chesebro. The New York Times reported:

Mr. Chesebro argued there was little doubt that the litigation would fail in court — he put the odds of winning at “1 percent” — as Mr. Trump continued to push his baseless claims of widespread fraud, according to emails reviewed by the New York Times.

But the “relevant analysis,” Mr. Chesebro argued, “is political.”

Thus, by his own admission, this was not dispassionate legal advice but a political gambit dressed up in legalese. Chesebro even suggested that part of the rationale for advancing far-fetched legal arguments was to instill in the Supreme Court “fear that there will be ‘wild’ chaos on Jan. 6 unless they rule by then, either way.” Stoking fear of violence hardly qualifies as legitimate legal advice. Moreover, Chesebro’s appearance on Jan. 6, 2021, alongside Infowars host Alex Jones confirms he was not acting as a lawyer but rather, as Willis alleged, a player in a “criminal enterprise” (under RICO law) to subvert the election.

The Powell and Chesebro pleas should have Trump quaking in his boots. “Trump’s illegitimate assault on the outcome of the 2020 election stood on two legs: the factual assertion that he had actually won and the legal claim that he had the right to use false electoral certificates to have Vice President Pence change the outcome in Congress on Jan. 6,” Norm Eisen, counsel for the writers of the amicus brief described above, told me. “With the guilty plea of Sidney Powell, the first [former lawyer] was knocked out from under the former president. Now, with the guilty plea of Kenneth Chesebro, the second has also fallen away.” In short, Eisen thinks, “Trump is toast.”

He did more than that. He threatened the Republican Secretary of State with prosecution if he refused to go along with Trump's Big Lie. He refused the evidence the Secretary offered which debunked Trump's Big Lie. And he created illegal fake electors and sent the fake certifications to Congress.

READ. THE. INDICTMENTS!
LOL. The indictments are a pile of leftist abuse of power crap.

you keep parroting this talking point, and yet you know it is bullshit.

Trump is not charged with claiming the election was stolen, he is charged due to his actions to steal it.

I can claim my bank stole money from me all day long and never break the law, but as soon as I take a gun and get my money back, I broke the law.
He didn't do any actions to steal it. Asking a secretary of state to find votes is not stealing an election. Democrats are always finding boxes of ballots that need to be counted. Why can't Trump ask for the same thing?

Mark Meadows was at the center of the firestorm, and he has been granted immunity.

He is free to testify about everything which transpired during Trump's plot to steal the election and what transpired on January 6 as Meadows relayed message after message after message from Trump's friends, his family, his Congressional lickspittles, and his MAGA media allies.

He is free to testify that Trump just sat there, doing NOTHING to stop the bloodshed for over three hours.

He is free to testify that when Kevin McCarthy phoned Trump to beg him to do something, Trump cold-bloodedly responded, "I guess these people are more upset than you are."

Remember when Trump's tru bleevers said he would never appear in a courtroom?

Remember when Trump's tru bleevers said he would never be arrested?
No. Know what happens when this bullshit gets pushed too far?

If Trump gets convicted, he gets convicted.

We move on.

Until then, it's fun to watch these morons at work.

That coming from a demented avenger subverted demoralized zombie Marxist that howled at the moon for YEARS that Trump was a Russian asset......is laughable.
:rolleyes:

Trump is too dumb and can't keep his mouth shut to be a Russian asset. Putin said he got tired of explaining things to Trump over and over again.

Trump is too dumb and can't keep his mouth shut to be a Russian asset. Putin said he got tired of explaining things to Trump over and over again.
Not sure about that. Trump keeping his yap shut depends on what Putin is holding over him.

Forum List

Back