The Documentary that Donald Trump Tried to Suppress

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
"For two weeks prior to the Iowa caucus, we ran a documentary on Donald Trump. When it was first supposed to be aired, however, Trump himself quickly shut down the possibilities for the film to run with threats to sue.

“He screamed, and yelled and threatened to sue us,” said Libby Handros, the producer of the documentary, Trump: What’s the Deal?, which was a pilot to a series about businessmen celebrities that was planned to be aired back in the early 1990s. “We couldn’t fight back; people weren’t brave enough.”

The documentary series was meant to expose the era of businessmen celebrities and their true intentions. At the time, the producers heard from distributors that Trump had threatened to sue anyone who broadcast the film. He effectively stopped it from being aired.

“We did however show the film in two back-to-back screenings at the Bridgehampton Community House coincidentally the day that Donald announced his engagement to Marla Maples,” noted Handros.

The documentary was screened in Bridgehampton, against the wishes of Leonard Stern, owner of The Village Voice at the time, who financed a large portion of the project. Stern was trying to stay out of trouble.

After Trump exerted pressure, the team lost its main distributor, making the possibility of airing the film non-existent."

Here it is, all 12 parts.

Part 1:

This is actually a fascinating documentary. Never knew 90% of this stuff. Takes a while to make it through all 12 parts, but it's well worth it.

Part 2 is available here.

Part 3 is available here.

Part 4 is available here.

Part 5 is available here.

Part 6 is available here.

Part 7 is available here.

Part 8 is available here.

Part 9 is available here.

Part 10 is available here.

Part 11 is available here.

Part 12 is available here.

"For two weeks prior to the Iowa caucus, we ran a documentary on Donald Trump. When it was first supposed to be aired, however, Trump himself quickly shut down the possibilities for the film to run with threats to sue.

“He screamed, and yelled and threatened to sue us,” said Libby Handros, the producer of the documentary, Trump: What’s the Deal?, which was a pilot to a series about businessmen celebrities that was planned to be aired back in the early 1990s. “We couldn’t fight back; people weren’t brave enough.”

The documentary series was meant to expose the era of businessmen celebrities and their true intentions. At the time, the producers heard from distributors that Trump had threatened to sue anyone who broadcast the film. He effectively stopped it from being aired.

“We did however show the film in two back-to-back screenings at the Bridgehampton Community House coincidentally the day that Donald announced his engagement to Marla Maples,” noted Handros.

The documentary was screened in Bridgehampton, against the wishes of Leonard Stern, owner of The Village Voice at the time, who financed a large portion of the project. Stern was trying to stay out of trouble.

After Trump exerted pressure, the team lost its main distributor, making the possibility of airing the film non-existent."

Part 1:

This is actually a fascinating documentary. Never knew 90% of this stuff. Takes a while to make it through all 12 parts, but it's well worth it.

THANK YOU. I watched this a while back when it was on YouTube. Then when I went to quote from it, it was gone. I wished I had downloaded it while it was still up, but here's another chance --- before it gets suppressed again.

Part 1:

THANK YOU. I watched this a while back when it was on YouTube. Then when I went to quote from it, it was gone. I wished I had downloaded it while it was still up, but here's another chance --- before it gets suppressed again.

So, I'm to assume you will be first in line to Dinesh D'Sousa's film on Hillary and her theft of America?

I mean, I'm sure you want to get BOTH sides of the story, right?

That's what I thought..... ;)

• Banned

Part 1:

So, I'm to assume you will be first in line to Dinesh D'Sousa's film on Hillary and her theft of America?

I'll happily watch it. And for the millionth time, I'm not a Hillary supporter.

Part 1:

All the way to post 3 before some obsequious knobgobbling Rumpbot comes in to change the inconvenient subject.

It's like clockwork. Watch, some other orange-a-tang will be along to do the same thing. Place yer bets.

You ah..... you do realize those are two different people, right?

SMFH

• Banned

Part 1:

Yeah, I do wish it wasn't spit into 12 parts, but it's a damn good documentary despite the dated feel. Not at all surprised the Trumpster threatened to sue over it. He's such a fucking baby.

Part 1:

Yeah, I do wish it wasn't spit into 12 parts, but it's a damn good documentary despite the dated feel. Not at all surprised the Trumpster threatened to sue over it. He's such a fucking baby.

It's a bit of a PITA but manageable. When it was up before it was whole. I agree, it's elucidating.

Say, are we still allowed to talk about the actual thread topic here? The one that's sitting right there in the title?

Part 1:

We? Who? American Communist Party?

It's like clockwork. Watch, some other orange-a-tang will be along to do the same thing. Place yer bets.

This is pretty good........

We have a winner! :rock:

Took one minute.

Watch it, Pogo....you might learn something.....(snicker)

Not interested. I stay on topic.

I find it rather hilarious that the only justification you have for supporting lying Hitlery is by taking potshots at Trump. Seems that she really has no redeeming qualities other than the fact that she isn't Trump.

Part 1:

I'll happily watch it. And for the millionth time, I'm not a Hillary supporter.

Bernie 2016! Or some other fringe candidate that has no chance?

Took one minute.

I find it rather hilarious that the only justification you have for supporting lying Hitlery is by taking potshots at Trump. Seems that she really has no redeeming qualities other than the fact that she isn't Trump.

I haven't said jack shit about "Hillary". YOU did. That was your desperate flailing attempt to change the subject ---- which is Rump.

Wonder why it's sooooo important to change that subject.

Took one minute.

I haven't said jack shit about "Hillary". YOU did. That was your desperate flailing attempt to change the subject ---- which is Rump.

Not important to me at all as I am not eligible to vote...I am an American, not a U.S citizen so I have no dog in this fight but I think that those viewing this thread should have the link I provided....got a problem with that? Tough shit......

Took one minute.

Not important to me at all as I am not eligible to vote...I am an American, not a U.S citizen so I have no dog in this fight but I think that those viewing this thread should have the link I provided....got a problem with that? Tough shit......

Hey, you do whatever you want. I predicted after the first Rumpbot came in to change the subject that somebody else would follow and you immediately showed up on cue. You can't handle the actual topic, that's your problem.

But you do NOT get to put words in my mouth, so bite me.

Hey, you do whatever you want. I predicted after the first Rumpbot came in to change the subject that somebody else would follow and you immediately showed up on cue. You can't handle the actual topic, that's your problem.

I don't need your permission nor did I ask for you to respond to my counter-point video. The offer is always open to you to have a debate over any issue you think you know more than me about.......leftards here have not been all that eager to do so.....hmmmm?

I don't need your permission nor did I ask for you to respond to my counter-point video. The offer is always open to you to have a debate over any issue you think you know more than me about.......leftards here have not been all that eager to do so.....hmmmm?

You *DO* need my permission to put words in my mouth.
And you won't get it.

You don't have a "counter-point video". You have a red herring video, put there for the same reason the first Rumpbot put one up ------- to desperately get the spotlight off the actual topic of the thread.

There are two indicators that what's in the OP video must be pretty important stuff ---- one, it keeps disappearing off YouTube. And two, assclowns like you slavishly jump up in full Pee Wee Herman Mode to try to change the subject.

Other than the content itself I can't think of two more persuasive reasons for readers of this thread to check it out and see what's in there that makes it so dangerous.

A thread by the way that bobs up to the top again every time you post in it, so thanks for the bump.

Forum List

Back