The DMV..What a nightmare

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I've been twice there now to renew my license, brought every piece of relevant paperwork I could get my hands on including birth certificates, passport, current license, bills with my address on it, college Id card, SS card etc, and I still have no renewed drivers license.

Seems they don't like the fact that on some documents I have my middle initial and some I don't.....:coffee3:

Is it the same in your area???

I've been twice there now to renew my license, brought every piece of relevant paperwork I could get my hands on including birth certificates, passport, current license, bills with my address on it, college Id card, SS card etc, and I still have no renewed drivers license.

Seems they don't like the fact that on some documents I have my middle initial and some I don't.....:coffee3:

Is it the same in your area???

There is NOTHING WORSE than low paid bureaucrats with power!

*I do mine online*

I wish I could do that here, but we need to get the new digital licenses with pictures...:rolleyes:

I did have a problem this week though…

Had to get a tag renewed. I couldn’t do it by the netl because they just haven’t fixed a glitch in the data base yet.

We have to have emissions test on most vehicales every year, Some are exempt for various reasons. I have a truck that is exempt by weight, that being GW > 8500 lbs.
Mine is 8600 lbs, so every year on the form I just print GVW 8600 lbs. It’s never been a problem and they do have a data base to check. This year I received all my stuff back with a nasty note that I need to reference such an such requirement and get an emissions test. Then send all this back, including the nasty note. So yesterday I did just that without the test of course.
On the nasty note I handwrote to the supervisor;

Supervisor,

I respectfully request that the individual who returned this tag application be given some additional instruction on proper application processing. Specifically, reading the information submitted on the application and the use of the state data base to verify the need for rejection before needlessly doing so.

… Blah blah…

One thing I'll say for the south, or at least my limited experience here, the DMV is actually not that bad. I mean, you still have to deal with jackass beaurocrats, but they're a little friendlier, and the lines aren't nearly as ridiculous as they were in NJ.

One thing I'll say for the south, or at least my limited experience here, the DMV is actually not that bad. I mean, you still have to deal with jackass beaurocrats, but they're a little friendlier, and the lines aren't nearly as ridiculous as they were in NJ.

Don't move to Georgia. I was under 18 when I moved here, and I had to go to the DMV 5 times before being told I had to start from scratch because my physical liscence had a restriction printed on it (I got it when I was 15, and the restriction was already lifted). After I turned 18, I went back to the DMV...another 3 times, before the only competant employee there looked up Arkansas driving law and cleared me for a GA liscence.

Forum List

Back