The Devil’s Delusion

Great, another series of blatherings that mean, and prove, absolutely nada, courtesy of Loki.
Great, another series of blatherings that mean, and prove, absolutely nada, courtesy of koshergrl.​
I was really skeptical about the value of koshergrl's posting; but now that I've tried it, it seems rather satisfying. All the more so because it's true when I do it.

All you prove when you do it is that you, like JS, lack not only the knowledge and understanding to intelligently debate any subject, but you also lack originality when it comes to pointing out the deficits of your opponents.

Or perhaps you just can't find any fault in me, and thus you're reduced to simply repeating what I say about you...

All you prove when you do it is that you, like JS, lack not only the knowledge and understanding to intelligently debate any subject, but you also lack originality when it comes to pointing out the deficits of your opponents.
All you prove when you do it is that you, like PC, lack not only the knowledge and understanding to intelligently debate any subject, but you also lack originality when it comes to pointing out the deficits of your opponents.

Still works!

Or perhaps you just can't find any fault in me, and thus you're reduced to simply repeating what I say about you...
Still working!:lol::clap2::lol::clap2:

Lowest, because I like you...or, rather, feel sorry for your condition, let me provide some well needed edification about both Darwin's posits, and yours.

"In a research survey published in 2001, the evolutionary biologist Joel Kingsolver reported that in sample sizes of more than one thousand individuals, there was virtually no correlation between specific biological traits and either reproductive success or survival. “Important issues about selection,” he remarked with some understatement, “remain unresolved.”

Of these important issues, I would mention prominently the question of whether natural selection exists at all. Computer simulations of Darwinian evolution fail when they are honest and succeed only when they are not. Thomas Ray has for years been conducting computer experiments in an artificial environment that he has designated Tierra. . . . Sandra Blakeslee, writing for the New York Times, reported the results under the headline “Computer ‘Life Form’ Mutates in an Evolution Experiment: Natural Selection Is Found at Work in a Digital World.”

So, this is natural selection at work? Blakeslee observes, with solemn incomprehension, “the creatures mutated but showed only modest increases in complexity.” Which is to say, they showed nothing of interest at all. This is natural selection at work, but it is hardly work that has worked to intended effect.

What these computer experiments do reveal is a principle far more penetrating than any that Darwin ever offered:
There is a sucker born every minute."

The above from Berlinski's "Devil's Delusion," p. 189-190

Again, Lowest, as it applies so conspicuously to you, I hope you will take it to heart:
"There is a sucker born every minute."

Lowest, because I like you...or, rather, feel sorry for your condition, let me provide some well needed edification about both Darwin's posits, and yours.

"In a research survey published in 2001, the evolutionary biologist Joel Kingsolver reported that in sample sizes of more than one thousand individuals, there was virtually no correlation between specific biological traits and either reproductive success or survival. “Important issues about selection,” he remarked with some understatement, “remain unresolved.”

Of these important issues, I would mention prominently the question of whether natural selection exists at all. Computer simulations of Darwinian evolution fail when they are honest and succeed only when they are not. Thomas Ray has for years been conducting computer experiments in an artificial environment that he has designated Tierra. . . . Sandra Blakeslee, writing for the New York Times, reported the results under the headline “Computer ‘Life Form’ Mutates in an Evolution Experiment: Natural Selection Is Found at Work in a Digital World.”

So, this is natural selection at work? Blakeslee observes, with solemn incomprehension, “the creatures mutated but showed only modest increases in complexity.” Which is to say, they showed nothing of interest at all. This is natural selection at work, but it is hardly work that has worked to intended effect.

What these computer experiments do reveal is a principle far more penetrating than any that Darwin ever offered:

Again, Lowest, as it applies so conspicuously to you, I hope you will take it to heart:

Let's see, computer modeling the climate hasn't worked out well, but modeling evolution is "spot on"? :cuckoo:

Let's see, computer modeling the climate hasn't worked out well, but modeling evolution is "spot on"? :cuckoo:

I have seen inability to form a coherent sentence before...but this one has me stumped.

Does Konny think that the the post is validating the computer 'experiment'?

Or that computer 'modeling' of the climate has, in any way, been efficacious?

Is his problem reading comprehension or attention deficit disorder?

C'mon, Konny....help me with this one. What the heck are you trying to say????
Ask your tutor for help.

Forum List

Back