Zone1 The Design Argument for God’s Existence.

Wow
  • Day 1: God created light
  • Day 2: God created the sky or the atmosphere
  • Day 3: God created the dry land, seas, plants and trees
  • Day 4: God created the sun, moon and stars
  • Day 5: God created the birds and sea creatures
  • Day 6: God created the land animals and humans
  • Day 7: God rested and blessed the seventh day

“The Bible teaches us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go.”​

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

The likely hood, that Moses appropriated Egyptian and or Mesopotamian cosmology beliefs is very plausible.

So our creators word is none of my business? :lol:
If you don't understand it and are an outspoken critic of it , yes.

I am an unbeliever of the ToE and often speak out against it, but I realize and admit that it's really none of my business. :biggrin:

If you don't understand it and are an outspoken critic of it , yes.
I understand what it says and dont add extra shit for it to make sense like you do.
Big difference between that and not understanding it ;)

I understand what it says and dont add extra shit for it to make sense like you do.
Big difference between that and not understanding it ;)
So, the 'talking snake' story makes sense to you?

And don't you think it odd that plants were created before the sunlight necessary for their growth?

Just a cursory word study sorts it all out.

That the universe does not cycle is beyond dispute , so it had a start and it has an end. It didn't pop out of nowhere.
Even the rankest scientistic agnostic can NOT deny this
PROOF
OPINION There are plenty of scientists that don't share his opinion.

People anthropomorphize their pets, even their garden flowers. We created none of these. The sum total is anthropomorphism is a human trait, how we explain anything so that other humans can understand some of our experiences.

There's a difference between personifying a real thing, and creating something that doesn't exist and giving it human traits. Harry Potter doesn't exist. We accept this. But he's still got human traits. Same with God.

The problem with this premise is centered around Christian doctrine that God is and always has been, and this is taken from the Bible, written from a time when man had no clue how the universe, our galaxy, or even our own solar system worked. Therefore how can we be certain, they were certain about the attributes of a completely unknowable god?

It is very Plausible that OT and NT authors didn't understand God and his "existence", therefore applied characteristics about God that are not correct. I know this is absolute heresy for Christians to think that "The Word of God" is wrong. But it is plausible, that characteristics were applied to God that are wrong, from our perspective and knowledge.

Well, "wrong" here seems to be the wrong word. When it comes to a fictional character, who can be "right"?

Especially when this fictional character has so many personas.

Well, "wrong" here seems to be the wrong word. When it comes to a fictional character, who can be "right"?

Especially when this fictional character has so many personas.
Fictional... plausible. But science or religion has yet to prove either way. And if a supreme being does exist, that our Science can't detect or "prove" doesn't make science right or the religious right either. For all we know, a supreme being could have set all things in motion, and left us to our own devices.

Fictional... plausible. But science or religion has yet to prove either way. And if a supreme being does exist, that our Science can't detect or "prove" doesn't make science right or the religious right either. For all we know, a supreme being could have set all things in motion, and left us to our own devices.

Has science proven Harry Potter doesn't exist? No, it hasn't.

Let's go around believing Harry is REAL.... until Science proves that something made up isn't real.....

Yes, it's illogical to expect science to prove a negative.
Belief in the supernatural is the only way to explain the problems that science can't address. Science is valuable but limited to the material.

Last edited:
Belief in the supernatural is the only way to explain the problems that science can't address. Science is valuable but limited to the material.

What problems can't science address?

God was invented because we lacked control. We couldn't control the weather, dance for God, sacrifice someone for God and the weather will get better.

So find me one thing which science cannot address.

What problems can't science address?

God was invented because we lacked control. We couldn't control the weather, dance for God, sacrifice someone for God and the weather will get better.

So find me one thing which science cannot address.
The entire human spiritual condition.

Forum List

Back