Zone1 The Design Argument for God’s Existence.

Scientists have redefined "design" so that natural things that clearly show design really don't.
Well that's total nonsense.

In reality, science has shown us that design is simply not necessary at all to form things that are complicated and "seem designed" to our puny little minds.

Which is why everyone shoud think it is absurd that this thread even exists in the year 2024.

Actually, Genesis makes some very astute observations that match what modern science claims about origins. They were some pretty intelligent people writing those scrolls. No wonder the closet pagans hate them and the evul xians so much.

At some stage, nearly everyone ponders the fundamental question: Does God exist? While we each explore our own paths to answer this question, many turn to science as the ultimate guide for unraveling life's most profound mysteries.

Is there a compelling, science-based argument that God exists?

In this essay, we’ll argue that recent discoveries in modern physics provide an argument that strongly suggests that an intelligent designer, God, is behind the universe and its laws. While this particular argument is based upon discoveries that are only a few decades old, the basic form of the argument follows in the footsteps of the age-old design argument.

There is no compelling reason to believe an any god.

You mean like DNA? :rolleyes:
It's an argument. For why something/someone must have created reality. Regardless of the argument's merits, it has no relationship with the claims of mystics trying to convince us they have the inside skinny on what God really wants.

It's an argument. For why something/someone must have created reality. Regardless of the argument's merits, it has no relationship with the claims of mystics trying to convince us they have the inside skinny on what God really wants.

How about pseudo-intellectuals who don't have any real clue about it either sniveling about theological arguments? Do their specious claims of being 'rational' make them more convincing?

Just wondering what kind of direct evidence they think will exist other than what was created. It's a philosophical argument, not a scientific argument. Science is the study of nature to discover the order of nature so as to be able to make predictions of nature. Science can be used to study what was created but anything before that creation is invisible to science.

How about pseudo-intellectuals who don't have any real clue about it either sniveling about theological arguments? Do their specious claims of being 'rational' make them more convincing?
Oh my! You're trying to be clever and insulting. Why? My apologies if you found my post offensive. That want my intent.

Last edited:
I’m trying to fathom your logic.
You mean Maimonides logic.

"If you remove all anthropomorphic content from your conception of God: you remove all content of any kind. In the end, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable. Of what possible value is such a conception either to philosophy or religion?" Maimonides

Just wondering what kind of direct evidence they think will exist other than what was created. It's a philosophical argument, not a scientific argument. Science is the study of nature to discover the order of nature so as to be able to make predictions of nature. Science can be used to study what was created but anything before that creation is invisible to science.
Whatever. As i said, it's an argument. But it has nothing to do with dingwads trying to convince us they know anything about this supposed creator.

Whatever. As i said, it's an argument. But it has nothing to do with dingwads trying to convince us they know anything about this supposed creator.
You mean like God is every extant attribute of reality? Anything like that? That's just common sense.

Oh my! You're trying to be clever and insulting. Why? My apologies if you found my post offensive. That want my intent.

So why are you making the snide commentaries? Never mind, it's just proof you aren't here to do anything but bash da xians.

hatever. As i said, it's an argument. But it has nothing to do with dingwads trying to convince us they know anything about this supposed creator.

Again with the insults, and you snivel about how you 'don't intend' stuff. lol

So why are you making the snide commentaries?
What did you see as "snide" in my general comments?

I will, likely, be getting "snide" with ding, because he's dickhead, but i don't mean to insult anyone else here.

You mean Maimonides logic.

"If you remove all anthropomorphic content from your conception of God: you remove all content of any kind. In the end, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable. Of what possible value is such a conception either to philosophy or religion?" Maimonides
No.

Value has nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back