The Dems Will Lose Less Seats than You Think

As opposed to the millions and millions of conservatives who've read it front to back ...
What concerns me are the hundreds of congressmen who voted on it and have not read it front to back. If anyone believes the majority of congress actually read that entire monstrosity then I have some wonderful beachfront property for sale.

So YOU know more than those people. YOU must've read it front-to-back. Tell us another one mister bullshitter.

As opposed to the millions and millions of conservatives who've read it front to back ...
What concerns me are the hundreds of congressmen who voted on it and have not read it front to back. If anyone believes the majority of congress actually read that entire monstrosity then I have some wonderful beachfront property for sale.

So YOU know more than those people. YOU must've read it front-to-back. Tell us another one mister bullshitter.

BTW, Stucker, that joke only works if you add a landlocked state, beachfront property in Montana for example.

Most Congressmen in all the legislatures don't read bills back to front.

Most Congressmen in all the legislatures don't read bills back to front.
Case in point: The USA Patriot Act, which was sold to us as a national security bill. We all know what that turned out to be.

I know that this bill will turn out to be the patriot act of health care. It's sold to us as a "give everyone their 'right' to health care," but the opposite will be the effect.

A couple of additional comments.

1. The Dems Will Lose FEWER Seats than You Think.

Grammar counts. :razz:

2. No. they won't. They will lose lotsa seats -- or we're all so fucked -- and so is our posterity -- that if my prediction is wrong, it no longer matters.

The balance of America desperately NEEDS to unseat as many Democratics in Congress as possible to make President Obama effectively a lame duck starting January of 2011. Amen.

And then the work has to begin to start preventing President Obama from achieving ANY more of his filthy insidious objectives.

And then we need to take back the Executive Branch. 2012 is coming. President Obama needs to be going.

And finally, we can really roll up our sleeves and start repealing EVERY stupid decision he has made from TARP slush fund insanity to the Health Care Fiasco.

The watchword for the 2012 Election must be REPEAL.

Last edited:

2. No. they won't. They will lose lotsa seats -- or we're all so fucked -- and so is our posterity -- that if my prediction is wrong, it no longer matters.

The balance of America desperately NEEDS to unseat as many Democratics in Congress as possible to make President Obama effectively a lame duck starting January of 2011. Amen.

And then the work has to begin to start preventing President Obama from achieving ANY more of his filthy insidious objectives.

And then we need to take back the Executive Branch. 2012 is coming. President Obama needs to be going.

And finally, we can really roll up our sleeves and start repealing EVERY stupid decision he has made from TARP slush fund insanity to the Health Care Fiasco.

The watchword for the 2012 Elecgtion must be REPEAL.

We are working on it and the more people you can tell that the IRS will now be in charge of the health care mandate, the more our numbers grow. 159 new government agencies, 1,600 new IRS agents needed to enforce the mandate.

The watchword for the 2012 Elecgtion must be REPEAL.

We are working on it and the more people you can tell that the IRS will now be in charge of the health care mandate, the more our numbers grow. 159 new government agencies, 1,600 new IRS agents needed to enforce the mandate.

I have read that the beloved IRS is seeking to hire 14,000 (that's fourteen THOUSAND) new agents.

It is beyond sick.

Anyone making the comparison to the Clinton Republican congress seems to have forgotten how much the Republicans have changed in the last sixteen years. :eusa_eh:

We're already seeing them pulling out all the stops to prevent anything from being done in general. Even going so far as to delay much needed discussions on national security issues.

Anyone making the comparison to the Clinton Republican congress seems to have forgotten how much the Republicans have changed in the last sixteen years. :eusa_eh:

We're already seeing them pulling out all the stops to prevent anything from being done in general. Even going so far as to delay much needed discussions on national security issues.
thats shadow politics. the republicans cant hardly fillibuster, the shadow is so thick. i imagine that theyll cool it considerably in a more mixed government. as it is, if they dont vigorously whip against opposition politics, theyll cease to exist.

When any form of government becomes destructive to the ends of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it and to institute new government.

Toro, I think you are right on, except the Dems may do better than you think. The country will soon see HC reform as a good thing and can you imagine all the kids with cancer and other maladies that the Democrats are going to march out during their campaign? "Now the GOP wants to take medical insurance away from little Johnny."

The Dems will be playing to every bleeding heart in the nation, and they may win a ot. I would strongly suggest that the GOP reconsider its obstructionist policy before October. If they don't they might fall flat on their collective faces...truely a frightening scene.

Toro,

"You may be right....I may be crazy"

But here's why I am not sure you are correct in your assessment of the fall elections.

1. The center may not be angry, but seriously, do they ever get angry about anything? From some I've talked with, the center does seem VERY DISILLUSIONED with incumbents right now. The process the Democrats used to rush this bill through Congress was borderline abuse of power and the center knows it. The Democrats did not have public support for this bill and they didn't have the votes to pass it using the traditional form of governing. Their "ends justifies the means", back door deals, and lack of transparency was in striking contrast to the platform upon which President Obama ran. You may be underestimating the value of an energized base and their effect on the middle. In addition, as details of all the ridiculous aspects of the Health Care Bill emerge, people may well become more disillusioned, not less.

2. More governmental controls over yet another sector will not win over the center in any way. If the President and Congress do not turn their attention to jobs soon, the change in November may be GREATER than could be anticipated right now. In spite of his claims, the President cannot create jobs. The most he can do is create a business friendly climate through reduced taxes and incentives. But that goes against the grain of his philosophy, so he's not likely to help any time soon.

3. The economy is not sustaining any momentum at this point that would lead to a reasonable conclusion of recovery by fall. Real people with real financial issues have been watching the Democrats obsession with expanding the government. Nearly every available poll has indicated Obama has lost the center. Once lost, it's very difficult to win them back. "Fool me once..."

Last edited:
Toro, I think you are right on, except the Dems may do better than you think. The country will soon see HC reform as a good thing and can you imagine all the kids with cancer and other maladies that the Democrats are going to march out during their campaign? "Now the GOP wants to take medical insurance away from little Johnny."

The Dems will be playing to every bleeding heart in the nation, and they may win a ot. I would strongly suggest that the GOP reconsider its obstructionist policy before October. If they don't they might fall flat on their collective faces...truely a frightening scene.

Except no one is getting any benefits for the next 4 years. Or didn't you read the articles? So trotting out cancer-ridden kids to save their worthless cynical asses won't help the Dums much.
No, people are hopping mad. November isn't that far away.

It will take 3 years to repeal this bill, and vote all those bozos out of office, so get ready and do not fall asleep or get weary.

Except no one is getting any benefits for the next 4 years. Or didn't you read the articles? So trotting out cancer-ridden kids to save their worthless cynical asses won't help the Dums much.

But your repubs don't even want that to happen. They want to kill it completely. Just say, "Sorry kids, the ride was nice but we are pulling the security blanket away from you!" That will go over good with voters.

I think the GOP is in a fight for its life and they will be pulling out all stops. You can expect anything in the coming months, but as each day passes and people find out that the lies that had been told about killing Granny and federal dollars supporting abortion are not true, the more people will accept the law. It will be a huge mistake for the repubs to use the repeal of the HC reform law as their banner for November. It could make them inconsequential and meaningless.

But your repubs don't even want that to happen. They want to kill it completely. Just say, "Sorry kids, the ride was nice but we are pulling the security blanket away from you!" That will go over good with voters.

I think the GOP is in a fight for its life and they will be pulling out all stops. You can expect anything in the coming months, but as each day passes and people find out that the lies that had been told about killing Granny and federal dollars supporting abortion are not true, the more people will accept the law. It will be a huge mistake for the repubs to use the repeal of the HC reform law as their banner for November. It could make them inconsequential and meaningless.

That is true but irrelevant.
Republicans wanted to lower costs for everyone and increase the ranks of the insured without imposing soviet-style controls.
The death panels are on their way. Just check MA. They are inevitable, as when you fix prices but allow demand to continue you must ration in some way. This is Econ 101. Try it sometime.

The time to worry about lost seats in Congress was prior to the health care reform passage. Now you just have to take it.

That is true but irrelevant.
Republicans wanted to lower costs for everyone and increase the ranks of the insured without imposing soviet-style controls.
The death panels are on their way. Just check MA. They are inevitable, as when you fix prices but allow demand to continue you must ration in some way. This is Econ 101. Try it sometime.

price fixing? try reading comp 101.

Forum List

Back