The Democrats Want Higher Taxes And Have The Public Option Back On The Table

Once again...if the Government is so incompetent why do you fear their ability to compete with private insurance companies?
By your claim....Private insurance companies should be able to provide a better product at lower cost. They should put the Government program out of business in two years

What are you afraid of?
Because gubmint is about force, not competition.

Private companies are at a distinct disadvantage, in that they can't just print up money and divert tax dollars from other areas to make it look like they're "competitive".

While we're at it here, can you name the last...no, the FIRST totally failed gubmint program that "went out of business", like any normal business operation would?

Since government does not need to turn a profit to stay in business, unlike private companies, there is no necessity to do so. SO they will not, as there is no pressure to address waste, fraud abuse or cost control.
So there can be no legitimate competition between private business and government.
I guess Nutwinger knows this and is bluffing us. Or he really believes it and it batshit crazy.

Wrong again Rabbi...Don't you ever grow tired?

The Government Option would run off of premiums of the insured, not taxes. If the private company does a better job of offering insurance than the Government, the government plan would fail

But we both know the priate insurers are so wrapped up in obscene profits that they could not compete with the lean Government plan with low overhead

The winners ....the US taxpayer

The loser...The Party of Fuck-you Republicans who are afraid to let private insurers compete

Private companies are at a distinct disadvantage, in that they can't just print up money and divert tax dollars from other areas to make it look like they're "competitive".

While we're at it here, can you name the last...no, the FIRST totally failed gubmint program that "went out of business", like any normal business operation would?

The Army
NASA
TVA
Interstate Highway Authority
Weather Service

None of those has failed. None of them has gone out of business.
So much for reading comprehension.
Fannie/Freddie have failed and continue on with an unlimited lifeline from the taxpayer.
Actually, the TVA was a towering environmental disaster...But they never went out of business like any other for profit operation with a similar track record would have.

The Army
NASA
TVA
Weather Service

None of those has failed. None of them has gone out of business.
So much for reading comprehension.
Fannie/Freddie have failed and continue on with an unlimited lifeline from the taxpayer.

You noticed?

I thought the Government failed at everything they run?

That isn't what I asked, numbnuts. :doubt:

Who gives a shit?

I made my point numbnuts

:beer:

That you don't understand what you read, can't respond appropriately, and generally get it wrong every single time?
Yes, you have made those points abundantly clear.

As in the US Government has proven to be the most effective managerial engine when it puts its mind to it.

WWII- we transitioned from a depressed economy to economic superpower in 4 years

Apollo Program- Made it to the moon in 10 years

Manhattan Project- A bomb from blackboard to blast in three years

You noticed?

I thought the Government failed at everything they run?
That isn't what I asked, numbnuts. :doubt:

Who gives a shit?

I made my point numbnuts

You made no point, other than to make a list of entirely arguable "successes" of the federal gubmint, one of which (the Army) is actually their proper role.

Still the question remains; name the failed gubmint program that has gone out of existence like a failed business would...Just one.

Who gives a shit?

I made my point numbnuts

That you don't understand what you read, can't respond appropriately, and generally get it wrong every single time?

As in the US Government has proven to be the most effective managerial engine when it puts its mind to it.

WWII- we transitioned from a depressed economy to economic superpower in 4 years

Making it to the moon and creating a bomb are tangible end results, that even all but the most horribly inept management could achieve, if they had an inexhaustible supply of OPM to throw at the project.

At the same time, they've taken 45 years and over 7 trillion dollars to throw at poverty, and the problem is no closer to being solved today than it was back in '65.

Making it to the moon and creating a bomb are tangible end results, that even all but the most horribly inept management could achieve, if they had an inexhaustible supply of OPM to throw at the project.

At the same time, they've taken 45 years and over 7 trillion dollars to throw at poverty, and the problem is no closer to being solved today than it was back in '65.

It's actually worse. In 1965 a young black man was more likely to be married than a white man the same age. The out of wedlock birthrate was a tenth what it is now. There was more progress made to closing the gap between white and black wages between 1949 and 1965 than between 1968 and 1980.
The War on Poverty is a gross failure.

Who gives a shit?

I made my point numbnuts

Notice in every case it's ancient history.....and long before the left took everything over and screwed it up with a PC mentality.

Last edited:
For a guy who already admitted not understanding or even reading the healthcare bill you sure do have a lot of uninformed opinions. You conduct your entire life like that?

Have you read the thing? If not STFU.

If you can name one government program that hasn't cost more then promised or grown over the years to be something unrecognizable to it's original intent it'll be a miracle. I never admitted not understanding it....and I never said I never read any of it. I just haven't taken the time to read all 2800 pages. I've read Goblet of Fire and that's over 700 pages and it took me a couple of weeks. That piece of shit isn't worth reading from front to back because we have to pass it before we can see what's in it.

As it is I just have to say STFU.

Once again...if the Government is so incompetent why do you fear their ability to compete with private insurance companies?
By your claim....Private insurance companies should be able to provide a better product at lower cost. They should put the Government program out of business in two years

What are you afraid of?

It's next to impossible to put the government out of business because they ether borrow money increasing the debt, print more money causing inflation, or they raise taxes causing job losses.

A Private insurance company has problems competing with public programs when the government controls what they can legally do. And if the government is full of corrupt bureaucrats they have a tendency to abuse their power when they are in competition with private companies. And the sneaky SOBs in this congress are about as abusive as I've ever seen.

A prime example is the law in the Health Care bill that bans pre-existing conditions. This and other mandates will put private companies out of business. It sounds good on the stump but it is insane. The Dems insist on painting various facets of our economy into a corner limiting their options while demonizing them for doing what they have to in order to stay afloat.

Last edited:

What are you afraid of?

The Army
NASA
TVA
Weather Service

The Army failed???

The TVA...Tennessee Valley Authority?????

I think Tenncare would be a good example....and it's still in place....because they had to remove 400,000 beneficiaries to stay afloat.

Since government does not need to turn a profit to stay in business, unlike private companies, there is no necessity to do so. SO they will not, as there is no pressure to address waste, fraud abuse or cost control.
So there can be no legitimate competition between private business and government.
I guess Nutwinger knows this and is bluffing us. Or he really believes it and it batshit crazy.

Wrong again Rabbi...Don't you ever grow tired?

The Government Option would run off of premiums of the insured, not taxes. If the private company does a better job of offering insurance than the Government, the government plan would fail

But we both know the priate insurers are so wrapped up in obscene profits that they could not compete with the lean Government plan with low overhead

The winners ....the US taxpayer

The loser...The Party of Fuck-you Republicans who are afraid to let private insurers compete

The government is defending Health Care in court as a right for Congress to levy taxes. So whatever you call it...it's a new tax. Also when they eventually institute single-payer everyone will have to pay it out of their check to the tune of about 25% or more.

The loser....the US taxpayer.

The winner...Progressives.

It's actually worse. In 1965 a young black man was more likely to be married than a white man the same age. The out of wedlock birthrate was a tenth what it is now. There was more progress made to closing the gap between white and black wages between 1949 and 1965 than between 1968 and 1980.
The War on Poverty is a gross failure.

Far from it...

If you look at the extent of poverty in pre-1960 United States you had some Americans living in third world country conditions. No running water, no electricity, no access to medical care. The war on poverty made tremendous strides in providing access to education and jobs programs, medical clinics, rural electrification.
Are people still poor? Yes...but the bar has been raised
Are they significantly better off than before? Hell Yes

A prime example is the law in the Health Care bill that bans pre-existing conditions. This and other mandates will put private companies out of business. It sounds good on the stump but it is insane. The Dems insist on painting various facets of our economy into a corner limiting their options while demonizing them for doing what they have to in order to stay afloat.

Tell it to someone who has cancer and can't find anyone to cover them. Insurance Companies whined about unfair competition if there was a Government Option. In return for it being removed from the bill, they gave nothing up. As usual, the Goverment caved to the insurance lobby

If they can't cover ALL Americans then they shouldn't be allowed to operate in our country

A prime example is the law in the Health Care bill that bans pre-existing conditions. This and other mandates will put private companies out of business. It sounds good on the stump but it is insane.

Over a dozen states already have some form of guaranteed issue laws (6 completely unrestricted). Do you think no private insurers exist in those states, just public payers?

Tell it to someone who has cancer and can't find anyone to cover them. Insurance Companies whined about unfair competition if there was a Government Option. In return for it being removed from the bill, they gave nothing up. As usual, the Goverment caved to the insurance lobby

If they can't cover ALL Americans then they shouldn't be allowed to operate in our country

Your point is confusing...you fret about those with pre-conditions while saying we all need to be covered under the same program. They need to have a smaller program covering those who don't qualify for private insurance...but instead Obama wants everyone to be in the same program. He's said as much.

If you want to cover all Americans this Health Care bill doesn't do it. As reported at least 30 million Americans still slipped through the cracks.

Your point is confusing...you fret about those with pre-conditions while saying we all need to be covered under the same program. They need to have a smaller program covering those who don't qualify for private insurance...but instead Obama wants everyone to be in the same program. He's said as much.

If you want to cover all Americans this Health Care bill doesn't do it. As reported at least 30 million Americans still slipped through the cracks.

Tell the Insurance Companies that if they want to insure one American....they have to insure all

If not.......get the hell out

Tell the Insurance Companies that if they want to insure one American....they have to insure all

If not.......get the hell out

Why won't you tell that to the government???????:confused:

Forum List

Back