The delete/keep a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiss ass?

I was just trying to be helpful with a game I really do like. I didn't want to see it gone so I recreated the thread.

I then saw that you may (and I say may, because I don't know how mertex feels about this and she's the one that matters here, not you) (imho)

Now you're trying to take exception when none is being given.

Yes, so I say you're a drama queen in this case.

ck speaks...and you jumped....no thought to martex at all......

^ Drama Queen is Drama Queen

^^ And it's not even your Drama...

...Queen

btw, Grace spoke, not c_k.

I understand why it was closed. There is another place I hang out at once in awhile and they had the same problem with game threads getting too long. So when it got to so many pages where it began to lag, they would close it and start a new one Part Two, and so on and so forth. Perhaps it can begin anew, or if the original thread has not been womd, the last word on the disappeared thread can be the start of the new thread? And only let it get to a set number of pages...then close it and start Part 3?

Just a suggestion.
Yes exactly. The Coffee Shop is the next one we are going to have to split. When they get that big it hammers the database and kills the servers. Feel free to start a Part 2 though!

Done!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/305693-keep-a-word-and-delete-a-word-part-deux.html

^^ shameless plug

:cool:

no its not my drama roepy, its all yours.

i just called you on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok

You're taking offense over something that has nothing to do with you and when I said that I meant no offense you took more offense.

Not Drama.

Something else then.

:eusa_whistle:

Ok

You're taking offense over something that has nothing to do with you and when I said that I meant no offense you took more offense.

Not Drama.

Something else then.

Maybe she can go borow back the "tampon" she said Esmeralda needed. ;)

Ok

Not Drama.

Something else then.

Maybe she can go borow back the "tampon" she said Esmeralda needed. ;)

Something's up, that's for sure.

^ Stole her thread? You're insulted for her?

^^ Drama Queen

I messaged her and told her that if she felt insulted that I was sorry. I did this as soon as I read your first post. Now I await her request for me.

^^ kiss ass

drama queen my ass.... you know i am right.

right... you sent the message.... after you started the thread and got called on it

if you are sorry... you would pull your thread and wait to see if SHE wants to start a new one.....

:lmao:

Wow, Ropey. Drama queen Par excellence.

Btw, thanks for the explanation. I am not calling Syrenn a DQ, but Ropey.

Last edited:
five bucks ropey starts the new coffee shop!!!

OK, now I see. You really do see the name on the thread as something that really matters, and more than just a mistake.

OK

I'm not trying to take threads over Syrenn.

If you're that worried and you think I might take over the coffee shop and then *gasp* your thread, then I'll just get the word game one removed.

just my opinion here admin...

i get why you are pruning large threads... no issue there.

do you think it may be polite to tell the people who started the threads you will be doing that....and to start a new thread.

i see the coffee shop is gone..... i am sure FF would have wanted to know so she could start another one.

if you plan to do this with the tavern..... could you let me know in advance please.

I was right and I understand.

You have no need to worry. No one is trying to take youu thread away.

five bucks ropey starts the new coffee shop!!!

OK, now I see. You really do see the name on the thread as something that really matters, and more than just a mistake.

OK

I'm not trying to take threads over Syrenn.

If you're that worried and you think I might take over the coffee shop and then *gasp* your thread, then I'll just get the word game one removed.

just my opinion here admin...

i get why you are pruning large threads... no issue there.

do you think it may be polite to tell the people who started the threads you will be doing that....and to start a new thread.

i see the coffee shop is gone..... i am sure FF would have wanted to know so she could start another one.

if you plan to do this with the tavern..... could you let me know in advance please.

I was right and I understand.

You have no need to worry. No one is trying to take youu thread away.

as if you could.

that is not what i was worried about at all. You did a low down slimy thing. I called you on it..

at least you had the sense to pull your thread and not look like such a dick. :clap:

Life's too short to be taking these things so seriously.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

Last edited:
Now now children. Let's all play nice.

The Coffee Shop....I have an idea for that one, if Foxfyre thinks so too. Same can be done with The Tavern.

Make them forums or sub catagories so if one thread gets too long, foxfyre can close it and start another other. It would be her turf, that forum. Same with Syrenn with The Tavern. And yes, the ability is there to make both of them mods of their own forum with the same powers of regular mods...but just for their own two places only..not the rest of the board.

Kinda like a mini board within the bigger board of USMB.

^^ Drama Queen

I messaged her and told her that if she felt insulted that I was sorry. I did this as soon as I read your first post. Now I await her request for me.

^^ kiss ass

drama queen my ass.... you know i am right.

right... you sent the message.... after you started the thread and got called on it

if you are sorry... you would pull your thread and wait to see if SHE wants to start a new one.....

Kiss ass?

I was just trying to be helpful with a game I really do like. I didn't want to see it gone so I recreated the thread.

I then saw that you may have a point for her (and I say may, because I don't know how mertex feels about this and she's the one that matters here, not you) (imho)

Now you're trying to take exception when none is being given.

Yes, so I say you're a drama queen in this case.

^^ Drama Queen

Anyone catch the Irony that Syrenn had to copy the coffee shop thread and make one of her own? Yet that is not "plagiarism" somehow. Ya can't make this stuff up folks.:rolleyes::rofl::rofl:

And the thread about clanging?

:D

:dance:

I caught both Hypocrisy and Irony.

But still, I messaged Mertex long ago because she does deserve first call on it all.

If mertex wants to be author of the Part 2 game thread, then just merge yours with hers. That way she stays author. If they merged hers with yours Ropey, you would be author.

Damn. I didn't realize I remembered all this stuff when I had a board. LOL.

Coffee Shop is gone??? I think it is just closed and marked "hidden" so it is still accessible to admin and mods. I don't think they womd it.

Which begs the question...did anyone tell FF they planned to close it? I hope so.

If mertex wants to be author of the Part 2 game thread, then just merge yours with hers. That way she stays author. If they merged hers with yours Ropey, you would be author.

Damn. I didn't realize I remembered all this stuff when I had a board. LOL.

I just deleted the thread. If mertex wants to recreate her thread anew then it's her spot.

Just because I don't see a thread ownership as important doesn't mean that it's not important to others and although it's not the same thing as the Coffee Shop or Tavern, there's an ownership to the deleted thread that's principally the same.

:redface:

I learn from my errors in forum considerations and so this won't happen again. Still, I never thought to give offense and I can't stop people from taking offense.

Coffee Shop is gone??? I think it is just closed and marked "hidden" so it is still accessible to admin and mods. I don't think they womd it.

Which begs the question...did anyone tell FF they planned to close it? I hope so.

Yep, and I lost another 40 posts.

see i dont get that.... your post count should not be altered.... they did not hard delete the thread.....

see i dont get that.... your post count should not be altered.... they did not hard delete the thread.....

I didn't notice if I lost any points.

Where is it?

Are we going to get the keep a word delete a word thread back or not? I don't care who starts it, it was popular and fun. If these threads get too long, they should just be closed and another one with the same name started. Seriously. It's very simple.

Now, is Mertex going to restart it, because if not someone else should be able to without getting criticized.

Mertex? What do you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back