The Deep State

It's probably a weird kind of comfort to think there is a some secret force running everything behind the scenes. The reality is even more frightening. Everyone is looking out for number one and making it up as they go along. There's no one running this crazy train. The switchmen are asleep and we are all shoveling coal into the firebox as fast as we can.
It’s not comforting at all. It’s frightening. These people are psychopaths.

Probably both parties are run by psychopaths. They both do awful things.

Bush invaded Iraq for oil, Obama bombed Libya for oil..... spot the difference.

There is a HUGE difference and always was. That you've been brainwashed into believing the lies simply shows how gullible you are.

Obama bombed Libya at the behest of the United Nations to get Khaddafi out of power, as part of the UN force, and with no intention of participating in a ground war.

W invaded Iraq for oil, to get rid of Saddam, and get revenge for the attempt to kill his father. There is a huge difference. He had no idea what to do with the country after he won the war, and spent 8 years there offending the Iraqi people and letting ISIS rise.

There is a HUGE difference and always was. That you've been brainwashed into believing the lies simply shows how gullible you are.

Obama bombed Libya at the behest of the United Nations to get Khaddafi out of power, as part of the UN force, and with no intention of participating in a ground war.

W invaded Iraq for oil, to get rid of Saddam, and get revenge for the attempt to kill his father. There is a huge difference. He had no idea what to do with the country after he won the war, and spent 8 years there offending the Iraqi people and letting ISIS rise.

The United Nations doesn't do anything unless someone wants them to do it. Who do you think runs the UN? Countries like the US with the UK and EU backing usually.

Libya was bombed because it was an OPEC country that went against what the west and the US in particular wanted.

Here's the pattern. 4 OPEC countries opposed the US in 2001. Libya, Iran, Iraq and Venezuela.

One invaded, one bombed, both leaders dead and regimes changed. The other two have had heavy sanctions against them, but both Republicans AND Democrats.

Yes, they had no intention of a ground war, no intention of nation building. Doesn't mean they didn't cause regime change, doesn't mean it wasn't evil.

Saying I'm brainwashed as a way of trying to improve your argument isn't going to work, sorry. I think for myself, look at things myself and make my own arguments. I don't watch news on TV and all of that.

No they aren't. The Republican Party is run by psychopaths.
The psychopaths are the ultra rich, their organizations, and big corporations who control everything. Though I will agree that politicians in the D and R Party include many psychopaths.

Why would you expect them to run the interview? I say this as a huge fan of Frank Zappa.
Yeah why run it in a nation that proclaims from the mountaintops to revere freedom of speech.

The MAGA DEEP STATE doesn’t do it for the money

They do it out of blind allegiance to the Fat Orange Weenie

No they did it for the money. Larry Ross was insider trading like a madman to profit. Trump was selling access and government contracts through his golf clubs, as well as stealing from the treasury for Secret Service rooms, meals and golf cart rentals, all at full rack rates.

Yeah why run it in a nation that proclaims from the mountaintops to revere freedom of speech.

There's a very big difference between saying you're in favour of free speech and then publishing someone's anti-government rant.

What Zappa said was his opinion, and much of it may have been true at the time he said it. J. Edgar Hoover was still in charge of the FBI at the time, and both the FBI and the CIA were being implicated with Nixon's illegal activities, including Watergate. But there is a time and a place to be saying this, and a military publication being distributed in a war zone is neither the time, nor the place.

But you don't bite the hand that feeds you and having a military paper publish an interview which would undermine the faith of the rank and file troops in their leaders, would be most unwise, especially while the nation was at war.

The right to freedom of speech guaranteed by the Constitution simply means that the government cannot prosecute you or fire you for speaking out or criticizing the government. It doesn't mean you can say anything you want at any time and not be held accountable for your words either in the court of public opinion, or by your non-governmental employer.

Forum List

Back