The deal with The Donald.

People on the right complain that he isn't a conservative. Well, I don't think Trump ever claimed to be a conservative.

IMO, he isn't a conservative or a liberal. He seems to many to be unaffiliated with any party. Likely that's another part of his appeal.

News outlets everywhere, pundits on both sides, radio talk show hosts, they all have one thing in common, they all are scratching their heads wondering what the deal is with Trump and his supporters. They can't understand why nothing sticks to him, nothing stops him.

It really isn't that hard to understand.

A great many people here in the U.S. believe that we are being invaded by radical Muslims and illegal aliens and they believe that it is the most important problem facing us right now. They believe that Trump is the only candidate who will do something about the problem.

Those two issues.....um.....trump all others.
In other words, a great many people are overly emotional and stupid. You included?

Go play in the street, retard. Dismissed.

News outlets everywhere, pundits on both sides, radio talk show hosts, they all have one thing in common, they all are scratching their heads wondering what the deal is with Trump and his supporters. They can't understand why nothing sticks to him, nothing stops him.

A great many people here in the U.S. believe that we are being invaded by radical Muslims and illegal aliens and they believe that it is the most important problem facing us right now. They believe that Trump is the only candidate who will do something about the problem.

In other words, a great many people are overly emotional and stupid. You included?

Go play in the street, retard. Dismissed.
I see the truth hurt you. So sad.

Seriously, you folks think the reason to vote for Trump is because the greatest threat to the republic is radical muslims and illegal immigrants?

I'm saying that his supporters believe that, yes. And it is difficult to argue with them.
Well, the NR is right then.

Other than them saying Trump isn't a conservative, what are they right on? What are you referring to?

A great many! Love that number.

It ain't enough.

I just want to see Trump make Mexico build a border wall and make them pay for it ...

:lmao:

GOP drops National Review from debate sponsorship over Trump attack
USA TODAY‎ - 47 mins ago

One of the dumbest stunts the Conservative pundits have done. They are NOT going to change any conservatives minds who are SICK of politics the way it is, and SAW how HOUSE and SENATE members that campaigned as CONSERVATIVES LIED TO US when it came to Obamacare, Cromnibus, and AMNESTY FUNDING just to name a few!!!! It will only drive those Independent, ON THE FENCE people, into the Trump camp, as they look at those HATEFUL & LYING CONSERVATIVE POLITICIANS!!!...and this from me, the guy RIGHT of Rush!

GOP drops National Review from debate sponsorship over Trump attack
USA TODAY‎ - 47 mins ago

One of the dumbest stunts the Conservative pundits have done. They are NOT going to change any conservatives minds who are SICK of politics the way it is, and SAW how HOUSE and SENATE members that campaigned as CONSERVATIVES LIED TO US when it came to Obamacare, Cromnibus, and AMNESTY FUNDING just to name a few!!!! It will only drive those Independent, ON THE FENCE people, into the Trump camp, as they look at those HATEFUL & LYING CONSERVATIVE POLITICIANS!!!...and this from me, the guy RIGHT of Rush!
That just proves the GOP are anti-freedom of thought, the press, and speech.

Seriously, you folks think the reason to vote for Trump is because the greatest threat to the republic is radical muslims and illegal immigrants?

I'm saying that his supporters believe that, yes. And it is difficult to argue with them.

Other than them saying Trump isn't a conservative, what are they right on? What are you referring to?
If the Donald really thinks illegal immigrants and radical muslims are the greatest threat, he's not competent to be potus. Rather, he's just pandering to the fear of the moment.

Whether or not he's sufficiently "conservative," would be beside the point. The question of "conservatism" should be whether the premise of individuals determining their own courses of action, to the maximum extent possible, is the base of any policy. No one is ever entirely free. We accept that a war time draft or mandatory taxes are necessary. Unfortunately, the point of the primary election should be about just that.

What happens if a company shits on their employees during a down economy? Employees grin and bear it but eventually there is a reckoning, when the economy picks up employees say screw you and bolt.

This is what both Dem and Rep establishments are experiencing now. Having shit on the people for decades, having lied every damn election promising one thing for votes and doing another after the election, Trump now offers people the opportunity to say screw you establishment and bolt.

What happens if a company shits on their employees during a down economy? Employees grin and bear it but eventually there is a reckoning, when the economy picks up employees say screw you and bolt.

This is what both Dem and Rep establishments are experiencing now. Having shit on the people for decades, having lied every damn election promising one thing for votes and doing another after the election, Trump now offers people the opportunity to say screw you establishment and bolt.
That describes Abbie Hoffman as well, though.

If the Donald really thinks illegal immigrants and radical muslims are the greatest threat, he's not competent to be potus. Rather, he's just pandering to the fear of the moment.

Whether or not he's sufficiently "conservative," would be beside the point. The question of "conservatism" should be whether the premise of individuals determining their own courses of action, to the maximum extent possible, is the base of any policy. No one is ever entirely free. We accept that a war time draft or mandatory taxes are necessary. Unfortunately, the point of the primary election should be about just that.

I never said Trump believes that, I said his supporters do.

These days it seems that there are no minimum competencies to be POTUS, Barack Hussein Obama being exhibit A.

I have not read the NR article but the talking heads say it's all about Trump's conservative cred, I only brought it up because you mentioned the article.

If Trump is elected, and if he does what he says he will, watch how fast the GOP rallies to him and pretends they supported him all along.
Does he have any policy he hasn't flip flopped upon? I'm not necessary anti-Big Quack, but he never answers a question.

Yes, he hasn't flipped on illegals or Muslims. The main point of my OP.

The last few times I've listened to Limbaugh he was trying to explain Trump's appeal with conservatives.

In each case he's gone on and on and on, and I still can't figure out what the hell he's saying.

Palin's appeal has always been a mystery to me, but at least I've always known where she stands politically.

This is just bizarre.

The last few times I've listened to Limbaugh he was trying to explain Trump's appeal with conservatives.

In each case he's gone on and on and on, and I still can't figure out what the hell he's saying.

Palin's appeal has always been a mystery to me, but at least I've always known where she stands politically.

This is just bizarre.

I have listened to Rush as well and I don't think he understands it. Nobody seems to I guess. Except yours truely. ;)

Forum List

Back