The dangers of smoking marijuana.

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Anyone that says any drug of any kind is completely harmless is wrong. Any substance can be abused, or have bad effects on some people. And I think most (certainly can't say all) people understand that.
It's just that... compared with a lot of legal drugs, marijuana is incredibly easy to defend.
Dangers exist - why do you still defend it?

If any substance can be abused, then the problem is not drugs, per se, but their abuse.

Anyone that says any drug of any kind is completely harmless is wrong. Any substance can be abused, or have bad effects on some people. And I think most (certainly can't say all) people understand that.
It's just that... compared with a lot of legal drugs, marijuana is incredibly easy to defend.

Water, when used to excess, can kill you. Should we make it illegal?

Water, when used to excess, can kill you. Should we make it illegal?

I'm for the legalization of pot. But your argument you could replace the word water with cars and pot with guns and many would switch sides on that debate.

Drinking = not harmless
Smoking cigs = not harmless
Driving a car = not harmless
Walking down a street = not harmless

It is your choice.

I don't think it's that simple.

Smoking = You pay a shit load in taxes, can't smoke in many areas and you have to be of legal age.
Driving a car = You are required to have insurance, a valid drivers license and be sober...just for starters.
Walking down a street = You couldn't think of a number 3.

It's not entirely your choice.

Marijuana which emphasis THC induces a high. For its use as pain relief one should look for marijuana with a high CBD content, which provides not only pain relief but counter-acts the THC. My wife takes it in capsule form. It makes her sleepy but I've witnessed none of the negative personality changed induced by prescription pain drugs she tried that failed. Here in Arizona one of the highest concentrations of people holding medical marijuana cards occurs in the retirement community of Sun City.

The same reason you defend pollution to live in comfort as you do...You like it...

It's helpful if people actually know what a "drug" is. It's a MAN MADE substance that concentrates the various substances into something that causes a specific effect.

Plants aren't drugs............they're plants. They have NOT been chemically refined, just simply grown in hydroponic environments. Is the cannabis stronger today that it was 50 years ago? A bit, but then again, so are all the plants we currently use for food, because they have been specifically bred to produce a higher yield with less water.

If you want to chew cocoa leaves, go ahead.........all the safety valves (i.e. the plant material, chlorophyll, etc.) are still left in the plant, and it's no worse than having a cup of coffee. However............chemically alter the plant to extract the cocaine in it, THEN it becomes a drug.

As far as the hazards of cannabis? I spent the last 8 years of my Navy career as a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor (DAPA), and I can tell you that alcohol is far more damaging than marijuana ever thought about being.

At a time in history when cigarette smoking has practically been banned from society the pot heads are trying to convince themselves and others that marijuana use is not only harmless but medicinal as well. It's proof that the world is upside down in the liberal mind. The old Cheech & Chong movies are not far from being documentaries. Chronic marijuana use produces social zombies who are unable to function in society. Why do people believe that constantly inhaling burning tobacco is harmful but inhaling the smoke from burning weeds is harmless? It's the same toxic mixture of tars and chemical compounds and crap with a psycho spin.

At a time in history when cigarette smoking has practically been banned from society the pot heads are trying to convince themselves and others that marijuana use is not only harmless but medicinal as well. It's proof that the world is upside down in the liberal mind. The old Cheech & Chong movies are not far from being documentaries. Chronic marijuana use produces social zombies who are unable to function in society. Why do people believe that constantly inhaling burning tobacco is harmful but inhaling the smoke from burning weeds is harmless? It's the same toxic mixture of tars and chemical compounds and crap with a psycho spin.

It's completely not the same chemical compounds.

chemicals.jpg

I like both, and have no social zombie stigma in my 40 years of use....I still have degrees, raised children, served in the military and owned and operated my own business....Not the chronic case of worthless you twas looking for was it?

I think your OP is confusing. Defend what?

Yes- all drugs- legal and illegal have risk. Any can be abused.

I think marijuana should be treated like cigarettes and alcohol.

Simple as that.

Because the tobacco in cigarettes is pulped, LOTS of chemicals are added to it, and then the slurry is dried out and ground up (again), and then packaged into cigarettes.

Go to a 420 shop in Colorado? There is a grow house that produces the buds, they are then harvested and packaged. NO CHEMICALS ARE ADDED.

And............there was a study done a couple of years ago by the British Medical Society to check cancer rates in smokers, non smokers, and those who smoked cannabis only.

If you smoke cigarettes, you are 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer than non smokers.

If you are a cannabis only smoker? Your rate drops to 0.93 to 0.72 percent as likely to die of lung cancer than a non smoker.

And yes..............marijuana has medical benefits for those with epilepsy, and it has shown promise for Alzheimer's, as well as helps with pain management, stress and appetite stimulation for those undergoing chemo.

Cannabis is MUCH more beneficial than cigarettes.

so pass the dam joint over here and turn the movie back on.....

Last edited:
I like both, and have no social zombie stigma in my 40 years of use....I still have degrees, raised children, served in the military and owned and operated my own business....Not the chronic case of worthless you twas looking for was it?
got any Moonie?.....
cowboy.gif

Your thread title implied you were going to educate us on the dangers of a doobie......I feel cheated.

Your thread title implied you were going to educate us on the dangers of a doobie......I feel cheated.

I feel cheated also. I was hoping to blast another Reefer Madness believer away with facts and actual medical research.

Forum List

Back