Why are all drugs "bad"?

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
Why can't there be a drug that is as harmless as drinking a glass of water but activates the pleasure sensory part of the brain? I've never understood why, regardless if its addicting or not, there always has to be a negative to the positive with any drug.
And please don't flood this thread with "WEED!". I said 0 adverse effects. Marijuana's great and all, but it's far from completely harmless.
Where is that ideal drug???

Why can't there be a drug that is as harmless as drinking a glass of water but activates the pleasure sensory part of the brain? I've never understood why, regardless if its addicting or not, there always has to be a negative to the positive with any drug.
And please don't flood this thread with "WEED!". I said 0 adverse effects. Marijuana's great and all, but it's far from completely harmless.
Caffeine?

Caffeine?
I can take or leave the weed, usually take it, lots of it, BUT, mess with my coffee, I might hurt a mofo.

You can't have a 'perfect drug'.
You put a rat in a box with a button. They push that button to get cocaine. The rat will push that button forever, ignoring food.
People aren't that much different.

Why can't there be a drug that is as harmless as drinking a glass of water but activates the pleasure sensory part of the brain? I've never understood why ...

Because you are using the wrong word if you use the word "pleasure sensory part". To survive means stress. Good stress is the stress to hunt for energy - bad stress is the stress to flee. In both cases the "pleasure" is success. If someone hunts something what is good energy - or if if someone is able to avoid something what is bad energy - then this one needs a lot of interactions with the reality all around - and we become better because we learn out of interactions with the reality by "pleasure". But drugs are destryoing all this processes and lead into irreality. Unimportant things like cigarettes become very important for example or very important things become unimportant - the life of other human beings for example, if someone drives with his car under the influence of alcohol or cannabis.

Last edited:
Caffeine?
Caffeine Is not a drug. If someone drinks for a long time a lot of coffee then the only problem is headache for a little while if he stops to drink coffee.

Last edited:

Which drug would that be? Even if there were such a drug, it would still be bad. There's a moral to the story about the land of the lotus eaters. If you can make your life pleasurable without work or effort, then why would you bother working?

Caffeine?
Caffeine Is not a drug. If someone drinks for a long time a lot of coffee then the only problem is headache for a little while if he stops to drink coffee.

Caffeine is a drug, although it's relatively benign.

Religion is a drug.

No. The story behind this prejudice is a typical german story. It started very harmless. The philosopher and poet Novalis (Friedrich von Hardenberg,1772-1801) for example used Opium - in his days opium was seen like a universal medicine. Slowly it became more clear that this medcine made sick and insane. I guess Karl Marx remembered him when he wrote the poetic words "Das religiöse Elend ist in einem der Ausdruck des wirklichen Elendes und in einem die Protestation gegen das wirkliche Elend. Die Religion ist der Seufzer der bedrängten Kreatur, das Gemüth einer herzlosen Welt, wie sie der Geist geistloser Zustände ist. Sie ist das Opium des Volkes". (Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the People.)

The word "opium" owns a dichotomy in this words. From my point of view it's not completelly clear wether he saw in religion a drug or had the hope religion could be a medicine too. For sure he was also not wrong to speak about the opressed creature, a heartless world and soulless conditions.

Unfortunatelly this poetic description caused an unbelievable desaster - not only in Russia - after the revolution. In China for example about 100 million people of all religions were murdered because of this sentence from the atheistic ideologists of the communistic party. It's by the way also 'only' a belief that god is not existing and so you can see there very well what an "antireligion" did. Poor Marx. I'm sure he had good reasons to say "I am not a Marxist" a long time before a lot of such very strange things had happened in his name.

Last edited:
Caffeine?

Caffeine is a drug, although it's relatively benign.

If you think so.

They're not.

No drug is good or bad

There is no ideal.

Personally from my past experiences I can tell you that I don't like psychedelics or pot.

My brain is more geared to stimulants like amphetamines or cocaine and yes I have used both in the past and never had a problem with addiction

They're not.

No drug is good or bad

There is no ideal.

Personally from my past experiences I can tell you that I don't like psychedelics or pot.

My brain is more geared to stimulants like amphetamines or cocaine and yes I have used both in the past and never had a problem with addiction

Drugs are bad. Stop using drugs.

Nothing is always 'right' or 'wrong'".
Balance, equilibrium, intelligence are the non-secret secrets to human health and happiness.

They're not.

No drug is good or bad

There is no ideal.

I haven't used any drugs in years.

and I did use them in the past with no ill effects

They're not.

No drug is good or bad

There is no ideal.

I haven't used any drugs in years.

and I did use them in the past with no ill effects

You said and say you used cocaine without bad consequences. But everyone who's using cocaine started to take cocaine a first time. If you think you are priviledged then you are wrong. You was not able to know that you are a little more resistant than any otherone. You was your own enemy when you did so. And now you are the enemy of everyone who is in danger to become a victim of drugs as long as you tell others "It's easy to use drugs - take a look at me: I did it without bad consequences". So if you are not a drug-addict or drug-dealer on your own - why do you work together with drug-dealers?

Give drugs no chance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back