The dangers of smoking marijuana.

Meh...weeds no more dangerous that alcohol,in fact in my mind it's less so.
I've been smoking it for over 35 years and still managed to retire at 46.
And I've been drinking that long as well...
So in conclusion,some people can handle recreational use of mind altering substances and some cant.
It's up to the individual to recognize their own abilities..or lack there of.

Ever toke your pot through Jack Daniels in your smoking apparatis?
Yes, and beer...in the later '70's and early 1980's it was not uncommon to spray weed with booze...The stuff from Mexico was so dry it would crumble to dust after taking it out of the paper wrappings...or put apple strips in with it to help moisturize it more...

Yep..we use to throw a small piece of lettuce in when it got dry.
You had to be careful though or you'd end up with moldy weed.
Yeah you sure could....Some guys would put a pound over steaming water to break it up...

And add weight for those who sold it. The dirty bastards....

Sounds like you have been on Pico street in Los Angles..

Meh...weeds no more dangerous that alcohol,in fact in my mind it's less so.
I've been smoking it for over 35 years and still managed to retire at 46.
And I've been drinking that long as well...
So in conclusion,some people can handle recreational use of mind altering substances and some cant.
It's up to the individual to recognize their own abilities..or lack there of.

Yes, and beer...in the later '70's and early 1980's it was not uncommon to spray weed with booze...The stuff from Mexico was so dry it would crumble to dust after taking it out of the paper wrappings...or put apple strips in with it to help moisturize it more...

Yeah you sure could....Some guys would put a pound over steaming water to break it up...

Yep....But I never did...

Nah..This was in Houston.
Dealer dirty tricks are pretty much known nationwide. Hell,probably worldwide.

Not sure about that as Houston is small potatoes..

But then again there are some out there that enjoy the dirt..

Not sure about that as Houston is small potatoes..

But then again there are some out there that enjoy the dirt..

LoL ..I've brought weed to Cali from Houston that had em begging.
No one has anything better than anyone else these days.
The only thing that changes is the cost.

No it's bad. And people shouldn't use it. It absolutely is addicting and absolutely has an effect on cognitive ability and memory - especially among adolescents. It's not just "habit forming" it's addicting to many many people. Also too many people use it with alcohol and get way too fucked up and do all kinds of stupid shit like drive a car or have unprotected sex.

No it's bad. And people shouldn't use it. It absolutely is addicting and absolutely has an effect on cognitive ability and memory - especially among adolescents. It's not just "habit forming" it's addicting to many many people. Also too many people use it with alcohol and get way too fucked up and do all kinds of stupid shit like drive a car or have unprotected sex.
It's bad for 1 in 5 people, just like booze, just like sex, just like food, just like religion....these items are abused by 20% of the population, the rest can do the same and not get addicted...

many win the lottery and blow all the money too....when you ban alcohol and cigarets i will be for banning pot too...until then pass the fucking joint over here and turn the movie back on....

Anyone that says any drug of any kind is completely harmless is wrong. Any substance can be abused, or have bad effects on some people. And I think most (certainly can't say all) people understand that.
It's just that... compared with a lot of legal drugs, marijuana is incredibly easy to defend.
Dangers exist - why do you still defend it?

• Alcohol is physically more harmful, and tobacco kills.
  • Both Big Pharma and the Adult beverage industry fear MJ, fear the competition
  • MJ is ubiquitous in the US, and supports a billion dollar black market and criminal enterprise
  • There is a cost to enforce MJ laws to all three levels of government
  • Regulating MJ, taxing it and using profits to educate the population that all drugs can be dangerous and are subject to abuse
  • Fear and prohibition has failed, the war on drugs is a failure and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is stupid.

many win the lottery and blow all the money too....when you ban alcohol and cigarets i will be for banning pot too...until then pass the fucking joint over here and turn the movie back on....
Pass me the dab.....

I bet very few know that the US put a patent on MJ for research into using MJ for blocking platelets that form on the brain that cause Alzheimer's....

MJ legalization is just a president away.....Congress is already acting....The Senate instructed the VA to allow vets the use of medical MJ and the docs are suppose to guide you through the process, oh, and they are no longer with holding pain meds for a positive piss test....

As stated in the Book: "Child's Garden of Grass" the only danger is getting caught using it.

Pass me the dab.....
yes.gif

Anyone that says any drug of any kind is completely harmless is wrong. Any substance can be abused, or have bad effects on some people. And I think most (certainly can't say all) people understand that.
It's just that... compared with a lot of legal drugs, marijuana is incredibly easy to defend.
Dangers exist - why do you still defend it?

Water, when used to excess, can kill you. Should we make it illegal?

I'm for the legalization of pot. But your argument you could replace the word water with cars and pot with guns and many would switch sides on that debate.

Then they switch for reasons of prejudice, not logic. Do you really want other people to decide for you what risks you can take and what risks you can't?

Well, comparing the use of water to pot isn't exactly logical. You need one to survive the other you don't. I'm for legalizing pot, I just think that using the argument that anything can be abused has the logical conclusion of legalizing things we maybe didn't imagine the argument going in. Why not heroin or bath salts or whatever the kids are doing these days? Playing chicken on the freeway, that's fun...just as long as you don't take it too far.

Playing chicken on the freeway endangers others. I have no problem legalizing all drugs. Legalize, tax and hold the manufacturers responsible for quality control. If you want to fry your brain, it is your brain to fry. I don't think it is responsibility of the government to protect you from you.

You know................almost any kind of mood altering substance (alcohol, cannabis, drugs, etc.) will have an adverse effect on children, which is why the legal age for consuming those substances is 21. Your brain isn't fully developed until you're around 17 or 18.

As far as cannabis being addicting? It's not physically addicting in the least, because if you stop using it, there are no physical withdrawl symptoms.

If you want to talk about it being mentally addictive, you might have a point, but you can also be mentally addicted to shopping, exercise, people (it's called co-dependency), or anything else that makes you feel good. Should we ban those things too?

As far as doing the stupid stuff like DWI or having unprotected sex? Hate to tell you, but that is the alcohol that causes that, as alcohol is really good at lowering inhibitions.

Cannabis makes you more cautious, and if you wouldn't do something sober, chances are you won't do that same activity if you're stoned.

I spent 8 years of my Navy career as a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor.

Forum List

Back