The dangers of smoking marijuana.

At a time in history when cigarette smoking has practically been banned from society the pot heads are trying to convince themselves and others that marijuana use is not only harmless but medicinal as well. It's proof that the world is upside down in the liberal mind. The old Cheech & Chong movies are not far from being documentaries. Chronic marijuana use produces social zombies who are unable to function in society. Why do people believe that constantly inhaling burning tobacco is harmful but inhaling the smoke from burning weeds is harmless? It's the same toxic mixture of tars and chemical compounds and crap with a psycho spin.
I like both, and have no social zombie stigma in my 40 years of use....I still have degrees, raised children, served in the military and owned and operated my own business....Not the chronic case of worthless you twas looking for was it?
got any Moonie?.....
cowboy.gif
I wish, I ran out yesterday and still waiting for the doctor to come by, damn it!

Anyone that says any drug of any kind is completely harmless is wrong. Any substance can be abused, or have bad effects on some people. And I think most (certainly can't say all) people understand that.
It's just that... compared with a lot of legal drugs, marijuana is incredibly easy to defend.
Dangers exist - why do you still defend it?

Water, when used to excess, can kill you. Should we make it illegal?

I'm for the legalization of pot. But your argument you could replace the word water with cars and pot with guns and many would switch sides on that debate.

Then they switch for reasons of prejudice, not logic. Do you really want other people to decide for you what risks you can take and what risks you can't?

Anyone that says any drug of any kind is completely harmless is wrong. Any substance can be abused, or have bad effects on some people. And I think most (certainly can't say all) people understand that.
It's just that... compared with a lot of legal drugs, marijuana is incredibly easy to defend.

Your thread title implied you were going to educate us on the dangers of a doobie......I feel cheated.

I feel cheated also. I was hoping to blast another Reefer Madness believer away with facts and actual medical research.

Meh...weeds no more dangerous that alcohol,in fact in my mind it's less so.
I've been smoking it for over 35 years and still managed to retire at 46.
And I've been drinking that long as well...
So in conclusion,some people can handle recreational use of mind altering substances and some cant.
It's up to the individual to recognize their own abilities..or lack there of.

Water, when used to excess, can kill you. Should we make it illegal?

I'm for the legalization of pot. But your argument you could replace the word water with cars and pot with guns and many would switch sides on that debate.

Then they switch for reasons of prejudice, not logic. Do you really want other people to decide for you what risks you can take and what risks you can't?

Well, comparing the use of water to pot isn't exactly logical. You need one to survive the other you don't. I'm for legalizing pot, I just think that using the argument that anything can be abused has the logical conclusion of legalizing things we maybe didn't imagine the argument going in. Why not heroin or bath salts or whatever the kids are doing these days? Playing chicken on the freeway, that's fun...just as long as you don't take it too far.

Your thread title implied you were going to educate us on the dangers of a doobie......I feel cheated.

I feel cheated also. I was hoping to blast another Reefer Madness believer away with facts and actual medical research.

So in conclusion,some people can handle recreational use of mind altering substances and some cant.

Ever toke your pot through Jack Daniels in your smoking apparatis?

Yes, and beer...in the later '70's and early 1980's it was not uncommon to spray weed with booze...The stuff from Mexico was so dry it would crumble to dust after taking it out of the paper wrappings...or put apple strips in with it to help moisturize it more...

I've been smoking weed for almost 50 years.

I am pretty healthy, outlived most of my friends, know there are some side effects from the smoke, but wouldn't trade places with the few alkies I know still alive.

Tobacco was the thing killing me; gave that up 35 years ago, or, would have croaked by now.

Yes, and beer...in the later '70's and early 1980's it was not uncommon to spray weed with booze...The stuff from Mexico was so dry it would crumble to dust after taking it out of the paper wrappings...or put apple strips in with it to help moisturize it more...

You and Kosh need to talk to me sometime about the smoking device that I invented and patented. Filters through about a gallon of water, the only smoke that hits the air comes out of YOU, it won't waste your smoke (it will hold it until the water absorbs it), and it cuts down your consumption by around 25 percent, as it is so efficient at burning it all to fine white ash.

It can also be left sitting on your living room table, because it disguises in about 10 seconds.

Oh yeah.................it can be cleaned COMPLETELY in 15 min or less (depends on if the hoses need cleaning), using only soap and water and alcohol pads (for the hoses).

I once filled it with wine to see what would happen, and I got drunk and stoned at the same time.

You and Kosh need to talk to me sometime about the smoking device that I invented and patented. Filters through about a gallon of water, the only smoke that hits the air comes out of YOU, it won't waste your smoke (it will hold it until the water absorbs it), and it cuts down your consumption by around 25 percent, as it is so efficient at burning it all to fine white ash.

It can also be left sitting on your living room table, because it disguises in about 10 seconds.

Oh yeah.................it can be cleaned COMPLETELY in 15 min or less (depends on if the hoses need cleaning), using only soap and water and alcohol pads (for the hoses).

I once filled it with wine to see what would happen, and I got drunk and stoned at the same time.
Is it a compression water bong? I've also heard of steam rolling, must try it some day...

I plan on going to Colorado to get a hash vaporizer for dear old Ma.....She's 71 and still token strong.....

Simple, get the classic movie Tron, the original, put it in the laser disc player or DVD or blueray player, whichever is in your living room. Then light up a fatty and get yourself a smooth high going, then watch the movie.

You will be converted.

At a time in history when cigarette smoking has practically been banned from society the pot heads are trying to convince themselves and others that marijuana use is not only harmless but medicinal as well. It's proof that the world is upside down in the liberal mind. The old Cheech & Chong movies are not far from being documentaries. Chronic marijuana use produces social zombies who are unable to function in society. Why do people believe that constantly inhaling burning tobacco is harmful but inhaling the smoke from burning weeds is harmless? It's the same toxic mixture of tars and chemical compounds and crap with a psycho spin.
I like both, and have no social zombie stigma in my 40 years of use....I still have degrees, raised children, served in the military and owned and operated my own business....Not the chronic case of worthless you twas looking for was it?
got any Moonie?.....
cowboy.gif
I wish, I ran out yesterday and still waiting for the doctor to come by, damn it!
the "Doctor".....hey i like that....comes by the house and says smoke one of these daily....

In my youth I ran pretty much everything you can think of through my bong.
From ditch water in a moment of desperation to pretty much every kind of alcoholic beverage out there.
The best performer is still in my mind some water with a few ice cubes.

From ditch water in a moment of desperation to pretty much every kind of alcoholic beverage out there.

I do not think you are alone in that manner.

Yep..we use to throw a small piece of lettuce in when it got dry.
You had to be careful though or you'd end up with moldy weed.

It is....

Yeah you sure could....Some guys would put a pound over steaming water to break it up...

Yeah you sure could....Some guys would put a pound over steaming water to break it up...

And add weight for those who sold it. The dirty bastards....

Forum List

Back