The Damage of the Depression Wasn't Economic

It is also why we always proclaim that neither party is as it once was. Today's Republicans now reside left of middle where the Democratic party once stood, and the Democrats have gone off the reservation totally left.

It is why some of us laugh hysterically when you guys claim that today's GOP is full of rightwing crazies. No it isn't! It is full of people who stand where the Democrats once stood not 40 years ago, it is just young Democrats aren't aware of it.
Today's Republicans now reside left of middle :rofl:
That would make the radical repubs communist....

There are no 'radical Republicans.'

For edification:
There Is No "Far Right" In This Country
And never has been, the split between the radical republicans and Lincoln never happened, according to you...And yet it was the GOP in power at the fed level which usurped much of the states rights enjoyed before Lincoln was elected...

The only "radical" was Franklin Roosevelt.

His ending the guidance of the Constitution was the most radical event in American political history.

Excuse me PC, but didn't your article speak of Harding while Moon mentioned Hoover? Am I misreading, or is Moon not understanding?

It is also why we always proclaim that neither party is as it once was. Today's Republicans now reside left of middle where the Democratic party once stood, and the Democrats have gone off the reservation totally left.

It is why some of us laugh hysterically when you guys claim that today's GOP is full of rightwing crazies. No it isn't! It is full of people who stand where the Democrats once stood not 40 years ago, it is just young Democrats aren't aware of it.

For edification:
And never has been, the split between the radical republicans and Lincoln never happened, according to you...And yet it was the GOP in power at the fed level which usurped much of the states rights enjoyed before Lincoln was elected...

His ending the guidance of the Constitution was the most radical event in American political history.
Ya, because the Civil War wasn't really all that radical.

For edification:

With this I agree with you. The civil war was radical!n It was a terrible war where my and PCs political forefathers fought against your political forefathers, to free African Americans from slavery.

Hey, just sayin-)

If Hoover and the GOP was so successful, why was the depression getting worse while they were in office?

1. Please find a quote where I stated that Hoover was successful.

Or, apologize.

2. As far as the downturn getting worse,....

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

Know who else said Roosevelt was an abject failure, very much like Barack Obama?

3. " “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”
Treasury Sec'y Henry Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library
Same old garbage. For that line to be as long as the OP suggest, over three million workers on Dams, roads, schools, Post Offices, airports, ship builders, Army bases, Navy ports, etc., etc., would have had to quit their jobs. She does exactly what I said in Post #51.

With this I agree with you. The civil war was radical!n It was a terrible war where my and PCs political forefathers fought against your political forefathers, to free African Americans from slavery.

Hey, just sayin-)
FAIL.

Red states switched to Repub in 1964. You must be a kid to not know that. Civil Rights & Voting rights Acts ring a bell? Sooo..... your fail argument is oh ..... about 50 years out of date. :thup:

Just sayin...

For edification:

Excuse me PC, but didn't your article speak of Harding while Moon mentioned Hoover? Am I misreading, or is Moon not understanding?

Both have been mentioned....

From the OP:
The fear engendered by the recession that began under Herbert Hoover was the perfect tool, the serious crisis, that lesser men than our Founders could use to usurp power, and ignore the Constitution.
Economist Alan Reynolds writes: “People were left with the feeling that massive economic contractions could occur at any moment, without warning, without cause. That fear has been exploited ever since as the major justification for virtually unlimited federal intervention in economic affairs.”
Alan Reynolds, “What Do We Know About the Great Crash?” National Review, November 9, 1979, p. 1416.

I posted that Harding was the best recession/depression fighter in history....and Roosevelt knew this.

My pal Moonglow just posts any old thing, all of which boil down to "is not, is nooottttt!!"

Hey, just sayin-)
FAIL.

Repubs switched in 1964. You must be a kid to not know that. Civil Rights & Voting rights Acts ring a bell?

Just sayin...

Oh, here we go again, the old "switcheroo, and Tyler too," lolol! That has been debunked constantly, and if that is the best you can do, then Dot, FAIL, Com must be your actual name, hehehehehehehehe!

For edification:

Hey, just sayin-)
You have no idea or way of knowing where the OP is from or I am from or whether either of us had forefathers that fought in the Civil War. Indicates you give little thought to making stuff up to promote your agenda.

Hey, just sayin

If Hoover and the GOP was so successful, why was the depression getting worse while they were in office?

Or, apologize.

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

Know who else said Roosevelt was an abject failure, very much like Barack Obama?

3. " “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”
Treasury Sec'y Henry Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library
Same old garbage. For that line to be as long as the OP suggest, over three million workers on Dams, roads, schools, Post Offices, airports, ship builders, Army bases, Navy ports, etc., etc., would have had to quit their jobs. She does exactly what I said in Post #51.

Clean off your specs:
"....ending the guidance of the Constitution was the most radical event in American political history."

Hey, just sayin-)
FAIL.

Repubs switched in 1964. You must be a kid to not know that. Civil Rights & Voting rights Acts ring a bell?

Just sayin...

Oh, here we go again, the old "switcheroo, and Tyler too," lolol! That has been debunked constantly, and if that is the best you can do, then Dot, FAIL, Com must be your actual name, hehehehehehehehe!
how many sources have you supplied in this thread? Give me a source stating that dems did not go Repub in red states post- Voting rights Act. I'll wait :)

For edification:

Hey, just sayin-)

So true.

FDR spit in the face of black Americans with his first selection as Justice of the Supreme Court, KKKer Hugo Black.

Black also hated religion...which made him even more attractive to Stalin's BFF, Roosevelt.

Hey, just sayin-)
FAIL.

Just sayin...

Yup....I've posted about that in the second greatest lie told by the Left thread.

For edification:

Hey, just sayin-)
You have no idea or way of knowing where the OP is from or I am from or whether either of us had forefathers that fought in the Civil War. Indicates you give little thought to making stuff up to promote your agenda.

Hey, just sayin

Me? I'm just a lil' ol' southern gal....South Korea.

You....from a neighborhood just across the River Styx.

BTW, dope....he said
"political forefathers."....not actual forefathers.

For edification:

Hey, just sayin-)

Hey, just sayin

You need to reread, lol, if you can. I said POLITICAL FOREFATHERS! You have joined the party of slavery if you are a Democrat. You are aware of this I hope!

Hey, it wasn't MY Hollyweird elites that have attempted to belittle them again either, lol. I guess you Democrats never change your stripes do you, and 3 years from now Hollyweird will be proclaiming it was "the big switcheroo" there too, as they try to help knock the Republican President out of the box by making up with one of their core constituency's; who have no idea that it was your political forefathers who tried to enslave them!

The more interesting question is, with his horrific record of economic failure, how was FDR re-elected three times? And had he been healthy, there is little doubt he would have re-elected a few more times before he died a natural death.

Why?
Because sadly, many Americans are dumb and freely do as they are told by the elites. Nothing has changed.

The more interesting question is, with his horrific record of economic failure, how was FDR re-elected three times? And had he been healthy, there is little doubt he would have re-elected a few more times before he died a natural death.

Why?
Because sadly, many Americans are dumb and freely do as they are told by the elites. Nothing has changed.

Well....there is this...
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people." (The Yale Book of Quotations, 2006, p. 512)

But....remember....the Left has control of the dissemination of information, the schools, and the press.
Folks don't have time to find the truth....that's why we're here.

Or, apologize.

Think Folsom was wrong?

Clean off your specs:
"....ending the guidance of the Constitution was the most radical event in American political history."
You did not address my post. You instead offered a deflection and evasion. An important, in fact, a primary point of your thesis falls apart because of your distortion of unemployment numbers.

Address that issue and maybe we can move on to another distortion you are using. You love to leave out the Dust Bowl Storms of the 1930's that destroyed the agriculture industry in huge sections of America, putting millions of farm and ranch workers, owners and so many working in the agriculture industry onto the unemployment line. Something your heroes of the Roaring Twenties didn't have to deal with. The Grapes of Wrath.

Hey, just sayin-)

Hey, just sayin

You need to reread, lol, if you can. I said POLITICAL FOREFATHERS! You have joined the party of slavery if you are a Democrat. You are aware of this I hope!

Hey, it wasn't MY Hollyweird elites that have attempted to belittle them again either, lol. I guess you Democrats never change your stripes do you, and 3 years from now Hollyweird will be proclaiming it was "the big switcheroo" there too, as they try to help knock the Republican President out of the box by making up with one of their core constituency's; who have no idea that it was your political forefathers who tried to enslave them!

Speaking of Hollywood....the most exciting film of the year, for me, was "The Big Short."
Great film about the mortgage meltdown....except they left out the government bungling that led to it...
...and Franklin Roosevelt as its cause.

Or, apologize.

Think Folsom was wrong?

Clean off your specs:
You did not address my post. You instead offered a deflection and evasion. An important, in fact, a primary point of your thesis falls apart because of your distortion of unemployment numbers.

Address that issue and maybe we can move on to another distortion you are using. You love to leave out the Dust Bowl Storms of the 1930's that destroyed the agriculture industry in huge sections of America, putting millions of farm and ranch workers, owners and so many working in the agriculture industry onto the unemployment line. Something your heroes of the Roaring Twenties didn't have to deal with. The Grapes of Wrath.

I know you'd like to ignore the documented facts that I've provided....including Roosevelt's own words.....but try, anyway: why did he promise to cut spending, balance the budge, reduce deficits, ....
...and do the very opposite?

I gave my explanation:
The reason was political: he wanted to be a dictator, like his pals Stalin and Mussolini.....

What's yours?

Forum List

Back