The Trials of IMF Power Player Christine Lagarde

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Christine Lagarde, arguably the most powerful woman in the world, is six months away from the end of her term as managing director of the trillion-dollar International Monetary Fund (IMF), but when she talks about the organization it’s clear she considers her work unfinished. “What I would like to see going forward in the institution is it being more agile, having the ability to harness development and leverage the knowledge which we have in this organization—which is huge—and make it available to members,” Lagarde says, during a recent interview with Newsweek at her office in downtown Washington, D.C. She describes her time at the IMF as “a roller coaster” but adds, “I am available [for a second term] if the membership decides so.” The membership is the 24 directors who make up the executive board that chooses the IMF’s managing director.
http://www.newsweek.com/international-monetary-fund-christine-lagarde-second-term-413797.html

They just tried to humanize her.

Christine Lagarde, arguably the most powerful woman in the world, is six months away from the end of her term as managing director of the trillion-dollar International Monetary Fund (IMF), but when she talks about the organization it’s clear she considers her work unfinished. “What I would like to see going forward in the institution is it being more agile, having the ability to harness development and leverage the knowledge which we have in this organization—which is huge—and make it available to members,” Lagarde says, during a recent interview with Newsweek at her office in downtown Washington, D.C. She describes her time at the IMF as “a roller coaster” but adds, “I am available [for a second term] if the membership decides so.” The membership is the 24 directors who make up the executive board that chooses the IMF’s managing director.
http://www.newsweek.com/international-monetary-fund-christine-lagarde-second-term-413797.html

They just tried to humanize her.
no idea what your point is??????????? Do you have any idea??

Forum List

Back