The connection has timed out

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Has anyone been having this problem on USMB? For at least the last few weeks it has been a constant problem on all 3 of my computers (2 w/Vista, 1 w/Windows 7)...

I use Mozilla Firefox on all...

Also, sometimes I get an option message before a thread title...

Is there some site construction going on, changes to servers etc...?

Is this happening on other sites as well?

Do you use AdBlock with your FF?

I've had zero problems.

I added AdBlock, it seems to have made some difference. The frequency of time outs have decreased but they have not ceased.

I appreciate the help...thank you

Is this happening on other sites as well?

Do you use AdBlock with your FF?

I've had zero problems.

I added AdBlock, it seems to have made some difference. The frequency of time outs have decreased but they have not ceased.

I appreciate the help...thank you
AdBlock without the filter will do nothing. WITH the filter, it will stop all adverts from displaying and running scripts on your computer, and will stop all the "lag" related to ad servers not loading.

EasyListUSA is the best AdBlock Filter.

I get 'USMB server has timed out, try again' several times a week. I use FF w/AdBlock. I usually just wait till later and it's fine.

The site is very slow and times out a lot today...

But, I have a question...I just clicked on a thread http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/102427-justices-reject-campaign-finance-limits.html

When it first opened, the page was expanded beyond the screen. I had to scroll over to see the page button...

What was expanding it appeared up in the header of the author of the thread, toomuchtime.
It was a continuous repeating sentence that said "toomuchtime could be the governor_toomuchtime could be the governor_toomuchtime could be the governor etc...

I recall seeing a similar repeating sentence on a thread Dude posted saying "Dude could start his own religion_Dude could start his own religion_Dude could start his own religion_ etc.

Anyone have an answer or idea? Is someone hacking into my computer or the site?

Anyone have an answer or idea? Is someone hacking into my computer or the site?
This is actually quite common. The repeated text you see is what you would see if you hovered over someone's rep badges, etc. The images aren't being called up from your cache, so your cache takes a little more time to re-load the images. While that is happening, you see the titles.

If someone was "hacking" you, you wouldn't even know it unless and until the "hacker" wanted you to.

Forum List

Back