The Coming CIVIL WAR!

Hey, how's THAT for a dramatic thread title, huh?

Anyway, it may be my imagination, but it seems like the frequency of veiled and unveiled threats of a coming Civil War are increasing, so I'd like to see if we can specific. Enough generalities, let's set serious.

What would a post-Civil War America actually LOOK like?

Based on what I've read, I can think of only three goals the Civil Warsters (?) might have:

1. Enough dead Democrats so that Republicans would win all the elections and we'd have one-party rule

2. People are living in such fear of the "patriots" with the guns that they vote Republican to save their fucking lives

3. Giving the "patriots" some land so that they can be patriots there. Give it a name like, uh, TRUMP.

If we go with #3, some decisions would need to be made. Obviously the West Coast would not work, nor the Northeast. Plus, it would be better if we kept the new countries contiguous for logistical reasons. Looking at the map below, maybe the "patriots" would like something like Texas (obviously you'd have to get rid of a shitload of brown people), Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky, something like that. I'd personally be willing to throw in Utah, but Arizona and New Mexico would be problematic.

Anyway -- thoughts?

4. The country broken up into 6 or 7 smaller countries with a "EU" style defense and trading pact, but with less rules.

The idea that we are a "United" group is a joke anymore, we have become too large and too disparate to stay one united group forever. I see a breakdown somewhere along these lines but feel free to tweak it some.

View attachment 267865
Holy crap, that's interesting.

Anyway, it may be my imagination, but it seems like the frequency of veiled and unveiled threats of a coming Civil War are increasing, so I'd like to see if we can specific. Enough generalities, let's set serious.

Based on what I've read, I can think of only three goals the Civil Warsters (?) might have:

1. Enough dead Democrats so that Republicans would win all the elections and we'd have one-party rule

2. People are living in such fear of the "patriots" with the guns that they vote Republican to save their fucking lives

3. Giving the "patriots" some land so that they can be patriots there. Give it a name like, uh, TRUMP.

If we go with #3, some decisions would need to be made. Obviously the West Coast would not work, nor the Northeast. Plus, it would be better if we kept the new countries contiguous for logistical reasons. Looking at the map below, maybe the "patriots" would like something like Texas (obviously you'd have to get rid of a shitload of brown people), Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky, something like that. I'd personally be willing to throw in Utah, but Arizona and New Mexico would be problematic.

Anyway -- thoughts?

800px-Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg.png

If want a thorough analysis of the "civil war 2" theory, this video is quite thorough and is entertaining enough to watch in its entirety. The answer, as outlined here, does not fit your criteria (which is based on the secession and independent state concept). It does address questions I happen to remember you asking someone in another thread, such as "who will you be shooting at?" Note: don't take this post to mean I endorse the "civil war 2" theory, I just happened to see this video posted in another thread and found it interesting enough to watch, so I'm posting it here since it pertains to your questions.

Last edited:

Anyway -- thoughts?

800px-Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg.png

If want an actual analysis of the "civil war 2.0" theory, this video is quite thorough and is entertaining enough to watch in its entirety. The answer, as outlined here, does not fit your criteria (which is based on the secession and independent state concept).

Maybe provide an overview for us?

These civil war threads bring out the worst in our resident "patriots". They post their sad, masturbatory mass murder fantasies and then wonder why everyone else thinks they are un-American scumbags.
I'd just like some specifics for a change.
We are already in a post Civil War America.
I'd actually agree with that.

So you wouldn't support what they're talking about?
I don't support any extremes.
I've always been a moderate, but because the left is going more and more left, I'm accused often of being a rightwinger.
The primary beef people have with me is I don't fall for their idiot ideas.
Course, that's what they intended.
They take a ridiculous position and wait for the predictable reaction.....and then it triggers them into a violent rant against open-minded yet more rational thinkers.

Anyway -- thoughts?

4. The country broken up into 6 or 7 smaller countries with a "EU" style defense and trading pact, but with less rules.

The idea that we are a "United" group is a joke anymore, we have become too large and too disparate to stay one united group forever. I see a breakdown somewhere along these lines but feel free to tweak it some.

View attachment 267865

That's pretty good, but I see parts of Mexico joining that California group, as it is culturally and economically joined to it, and parts of Canada joining severally of the other groups that are culturally like the ones that join it along the northern border.

The folks in New England have more in common with those in Toronto, and those in Detroit, with those in Ontario, etc.

Same same with those in the northern planes.

My son is 17 and is very much into politics and what is going on in the world. Hell, when the coup went down in Turkey I heard about it from him first, and he told me after about 20 minutes of watching the coverage that it was all staged to give Erdogan more power.

We have talks a lot about what the future will hold, he has a much darker and fatalistic view than I do, but I can see where he is coming from. He think that the US will cease to exist as we know it before the end of his lifetime. It is hard to disagree when you watch what is going on around us.

These civil war threads bring out the worst in our resident "patriots". They post their sad, masturbatory mass murder fantasies and then wonder why everyone else thinks they are un-American scumbags.

I've always been a moderate, but because the left is going more and more left, I'm accused often of being a rightwinger.
They take a ridiculous position and wait for the predictable reaction.....and then it triggers them into a violent rant against open-minded yet more rational thinkers.
You're a moderate?

I'm trying to think of a time you disagreed with Trump.

oh look; USMB 'conservatives' are having another civil war. I guess one wasn't enuff for their blood lust. No surprises .......

we all know those from the right cannot live & let live.

You're a moderate?

I'm trying to think of a time you disagreed with Trump.

I cannot think of a time that he did

You want specifics from the "patriots"? They can't even explain who will do the actual fighting as they all see themselves as the general and never the cannon fodder.
Well, maybe just some degree of evidence that they've thought this through a bit.
An interesting experiment.
I think it's the #1 value a message board like this offers. Ask questions, see what people are really thinking, protected by the anonymity of the internet.
It's why I'm here. I want to understand these chronically angry people better.

You want specifics from the "patriots"? They can't even explain who will do the actual fighting as they all see themselves as the general and never the cannon fodder.
Well, maybe just some degree of evidence that they've thought this through a bit.
I think it's the #1 value a message board like this offers. Ask questions, see what people are really thinking, protected by the anonymity of the internet.
That's how I view this place as it pertains to both ends, but yeah.

I live in Kansas and those talking about a civil war because others want the same things they have always had can die trying to move me and mine or buy a one way ticket back to Europe.

My son is 17 and is very much into politics and what is going on in the world. Hell, when the coup went down in Turkey I heard about it from him first, and he told me after about 20 minutes of watching the coverage that it was all staged to give Erdogan more power.

We have talks a lot about what the future will hold, he has a much darker and fatalistic view than I do, but I can see where he is coming from. He think that the US will cease to exist as we know it before the end of his lifetime. It is hard to disagree when you watch what is going on around us.

Remember this from a decade ago?

Folks just thought it was because the Russians still harbor desires for Alaska. :71:

Map of the Day: Ex-KGB Analyst Predicts Balkanization of U.S.

4746610855_4bfdf988db.jpg

Great, so please answer the question. I assume you've thought this through...What would a post-Civil War America actually LOOK like?

A place where only law abiding, taxpaying, American citizens lived? Why is that so complicated?

Anyway -- thoughts?

View attachment 267865

No, we’ll just let California and NY break off and form their own shithole union.

That's how I view this place as it pertains to both ends, but yeah.
The problem with your position is there is one legitimately bad side and another opposing them.

Remember this from a decade ago?

Folks just thought it was because the Russians still harbor desires for Alaska. :71:

Map of the Day: Ex-KGB Analyst Predicts Balkanization of U.S.

4746610855_4bfdf988db.jpg

I do not remember that. Interesting.

Forum List

Back