the Colts Win, I mean lose ....I mean win!!!!.....( the first pick)

The Colts should-

• Keep Peyton

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Tell him to pound sand...

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Take Luck, keep Peyton too...

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I'm the Colts I take Luck. I don't pay Manning his 28 million, not unless I'm damn sure he's able to play a full season of football at the high level he's be able to so far. If I'm Manning I walk away from football while I still can.

It's not out of the question that they trade the pick to someone else who wants Luck. Will the Jags stick with Gabbert? Will Seattle continue with TJax? Who is the Skins qb? If Indy is confident that Manning will be healthy and can play a few more years, who knows?

If Manning is healthy, I think they should either draft Luck and trade Manning (not necessarily starting Luck right away), especially when you look at what the Raiders paid for Palmer, or trade the pick. Yes, keeping Manning and drafting Luck sounds great, but between cap issues and the fact the team was so horrid without Manning in there, they look like they need a lot of upgrades to me. Add in some important free agents and a some aging veterans and this is a team that may need to consider a serious rebuild.

I live in Indy and suffered through this season and there's an option i've not heard anyone bring up. Trade them both. Trade manning for a three or four players and a couple picks.

Trade the the number one overall for a couple picks and a player or two.

The Colts need help on both lines, the corners, running backs and linebackers.

With all of the extra picks and the traded players, this is the chance to build the franchise and a dynasty.

Dallas did it with the Walker Trade to Minnesota and Minnesota did it with the Tarkington trade to New York. This could put Indy in the Super Bowl for years to come. It doesn't take the greatest QB to stand there like a statue behind 5 all pros and pick out one of a group of elite receivers.

Just another option.

I live in Indy and suffered through this season and there's an option i've not heard anyone bring up. Trade them both. Trade manning for a three or four players and a couple picks.

With all of the extra picks and the traded players, this is the chance to build the franchise and a dynasty.

Dallas did it with the Walker Trade to Minnesota and Minnesota did it with the Tarkington trade to New York. This could put Indy in the Super Bowl for years to come. It doesn't take the greatest QB to stand there like a statue behind 5 all pros and pick out one of a group of elite receivers.

Just another option.

What's the sense there in Indy, do they think Manning has that many years left? His kind of injury seems pretty risky and dangerous to me, I'd really hate to see him finish his career on a stretcher paralyzed for life.

Just another option.

I hear you. all that glitters is not gold. Agreed, I thought of that as well, Johnson did build the cowboys on the hershel walker trade, maybe they should just trade manning for the value he has now and , well, is Luck that good? that is really the question.

the colts need that $28 million to fill other spots, yet they need a QB too, if their scouts are good they can trade manning keep luck and maybe come out ahead, but trading Luck? I don't know. Is there a good number 3-4 QB how has tools?

Q's- can manning if he wishes defer the 28 mill? would he? has he been asked?

Oh and one thing for sure, Caldwell has got to go. period.

Just another option.

What's the sense there in Indy, do they think Manning has that many years left? His kind of injury seems pretty risky and dangerous to me, I'd really hate to see him finish his career on a stretcher paralyzed for life.

I don;t live and breathe this stuff, but the only thing i get from the "atmosphere"about this because there are no real clear statements being made is that nobody knows.

Manning seems to be interested in coming back, but the way the cap works, the Colts can't really afford a solid line to protect him. Trading the remainder of his life in a wheel chair for one more bite of the Apple doesn't seem like a good trade to me.

Maybe the nFL Network can finally scrap the Favre Watch and institute the Manning Watch.

Just another option.

I hear you. all that glitters is not gold. Agreed, I thought of that as well, Johnson did build the cowboys on the hershel walker trade, maybe they should just trade manning for the value he has now and , well, is Luck that good? that is really the question.

the colts need that $28 million to fill other spots, yet they need a QB too, if their scouts are good they can trade manning keep luck and maybe come out ahead, but trading Luck? I don't know. Is there a good number 3-4 QB how has tools?

Q's- can manning if he wishes defer the 28 mill? would he? has he been asked?

Oh and one thing for sure, Caldwell has got to go. period.

Brady was drafted in the sixth round. Leaf was drafted #2. The draft is a crap shoot in the surest of picks. Luck is not undefeated this year and if you're going to bet the future of the franchise on him, he better be the real deal.

He seems like a good guy and a fine fellow and all that, but i guess I'd feel better about a suffocating defense and an unstoppable ground game.

Give Manning his $28 million dollar brass ring, Andrew Luck a clipboard for a year, and be extremely thankful this all fell into place for you.

Just another option.

It could work. San Diego did the same thing in getting rid of Drew Brees, and trading down instead of taking Michael Vick and Eli Manning

I'm not confident that Luck will be the next Peyton Manning and he would have some mighty big shoes to fill

What does my all time favorite Colts fan have to say?

Oh Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezyyyyyyyy!

Well..............since you asked:

I like the idea of keeping Manning, drafting Luck, and letting him learn from the "MASTER" for a few years,,,kinda like Jake Gyllenhaal, er...Aaron Rodgers did at Green Bay, and look at them now. I predict they'll be 'Repeats" in Indy February.

Jim Caudwell is having a news conference here in Indy soon...I'll let you know what pans out.

I like the idea of keeping Manning, drafting Luck, and letting him learn from the "MASTER" for a few years,,,kinda like Jake Gyllenhaal, er...Aaron Rodgers did at Green Bay, and look at them now. I predict they'll be 'Repeats" in Indy February.

Jim Caudwell is having a news conference here in Indy soon...I'll let you know what pans out.

There's a teeny weeny little difference between Indy and GB. GB just hung 45 on Detroit yesterday with a back up QB.

Indy hung 45 on the second half of the season with a back up QB.

All great QBs eventually move on to make room for the young guns. Happened to Unitas, Namath, Favre and even Joe Montana.

If he is healthy, doesn't it make sense to move out Manning while you can still get a number one draft pick and some later picks? Trade him while he has value, not when he is a washed up QB trying to hang on for a few more years

The only reason I would keep Manning for another year is because of his neck injury. He may be unable to play a full season in the NFL, he needs to prove it. If he is damaged goods, he is of no value in a trade

Last edited:

There's a teeny weeny little difference between Indy and GB. GB just hung 45 on Detroit yesterday with a back up QB.

It was all in their master plan.............................

Matt Flynn made himself some money yesterday, that's for sure.

Dude's a free agent this offseason.

From ESPN:
Colts vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian are out in Indianapolis, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Polians relieved of duties with Indianapolis Colts, source says - ESPN

That's surprising, but really, might be a good move. Can the Polian's put together a winning team without Manning at the helm? Are they too used to being able to cover up the team's deficiencies because of Manning's incredible play?

This certainly could be an indication that the owner is ready to rebuild the team rather than hope to find a successor to Manning who can do the same things.

Forum List

Back