The Color of Crime...Report Statistics Released

Hagbard Celine said:
Bull. I'm not arguing semantics at all, you guys are. "Reason" and "excuse" are two, totally unrelated words. I never said criminal behavior should go unpunished just because of the criminal's reason for committing the crime. That's something you guys arbitrarily accused me of because you disagreed with my posts. I just presented a rational reason for why many criminals happen to be black. That doesn't excuse their criminal behavior at all. "Contributing factor" and "reason" mean the same thing! They're synonyms. This is retarded.

When I first started posting on this thread, many posters were just making the issue into a racial matter and hinting that the reason many criminals are black is because they are an "inferior race." I merely presented a more rational, realistic reason.

Contributing factor and reason are not the same thing. If you say the reason for crime is where they live then the solution is to move them elsewhere, if you say it is a contributing factor then moving them doesn't solve the problem, it can only contribute to the solution. If you say the reason for their action is where they live then it is the fault of the place they live and no longer the fault of the person committing the crime. You have taken away the actual reason of choosing to commit the crime, they commit crimes because they live there.

(I am not saying this is your argument, this is just an example.)

How you say something is as important as what you are attempting to say.

Hagbard Celine said:
A smart kid is going to be able to play the system and win. Like me and many I know have so far. A small-town public school is easy to get through. You don't have to go to every class or put forth strenuous effort to do well. And skipping class has nothing to do with respect for your elders, paying attention or "trying your bestest." If the kid can bring home good grades while balancing hanging out with friends and he/she skips weight training or PE every now and then, I've got nothing to complain about.

Peer pressure is everywhere, and so are bad influences. But if I raise the kid to be smart and to judge situations accurately and look out for him/herself and to have class, big mistakes will be minimized. Plus no self-respecting person wants to be seen with a skank. I will impart these bits of wisdom to my kids.

Whatelse can you do? Threaten to call the cops on them? Kids need to learn that cigarrettes and alcohol are not evil things, but that they can be enjoyed reasonably at the appropriate age. They don't deserve to be punished for being curious. Shoplifting is not good unless it's from Wal-Mart.:D

As a parent of 4 I have to say that YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. This being said keep in mind that a number of states want to take away the ability of a parent to discipline thier children..

Why do you think its OK for the parent to be held responsible for the childs behavior when the state will not allow proper punishment by the parents. It is against the law in some states to lock your child in the house (false imprisonment) in some staes you cant spank your child (assault). I am sure you are an intelligent person and can see the irony of your thinkng.
Lets hold the parents responsible but not allow them to discipline!!!

You folks without children can have all the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of being the cool great parent, but untill you have actually been one you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about...

Back on topic just because you are poor and grow up poor does not give you free reign to commit crimes. There are just as many poor whites and other minorities that dont commit the number of crimes being reported here. It has to do with the culture of "I'm not to blame" more than anything, if you have an excuse than you arent at fault. :asshole:

dmp said:
LOL! :) Hey now..I'm no slut...I LIKE having ladies here like me...don't give her the wrong impression now.

:)

:hitit:

Now now...don't get upset. We all know you aren't cheap.

Easy maybe..but not cheap.

I think this all comes down to a difference in culture, culture of different races. Its not the skin color that makes any person act (or not act) in a certain way, its the culture of those people. Most young black kids grow up in a culture where its cool to break the law and 'get back at the man.' As long as this kind of behavior is rewarded, it will not stop. And don't think for a second that its not being rewarded....just turn on your tv.

GotZoom said:
Now now...don't get upset. We all know you aren't cheap.

Easy maybe..but not cheap.

I'm Just Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places...Going to The Big D and I Don't Mean Dallas...where I'd plan to Start Drinkin' My Baby Off My Mind...after I realized It's It's All Over Now.

theHawk said:
I think this all comes down to a difference in culture, culture of different races. Its not the skin color that makes any person act (or not act) in a certain way, its the culture of those people. Most young black kids grow up in a culture where its cool to break the law and 'get back at the man.' As long as this kind of behavior is rewarded, it will not stop. And don't think for a second that its not being rewarded....just turn on your tv.

But who is the first line of defense to change it?

Lets hold the parents responsible but not allow them to discipline!!!

Uh, it's possible to discipline kids without hitting them.

It has to do with the culture of "I'm not to blame" more than anything, if you have an excuse than you arent at fault.

No, it has to do with the culture that glorifies violence and criminal behavior.

Hagbard Celine said:
No, it has to do with the culture that glorifies violence and criminal behavior.

And I will ask you the same thing...who is the first line of defense to change this?

theHawk said:
I think this all comes down to a difference in culture, culture of different races. Its not the skin color that makes any person act (or not act) in a certain way, its the culture of those people.

Myth No. 1: Race is "just a skin color." It's not. Race is a genetic set. Skin color is but one manifestation of this set.

Myth No. 2: Race and behavior are not linked. Here is a book that argues with explosive force and irrefutable data that they ARE, in fact, linked:

http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org/reb.html

People like the "culture" explanation because it steers us away from the scary thought that races are inherently unequal.

theHawk said:

Guess who's doin' the rewarding

no1tovote4 said:
Uh...... the Parents?

Right--parents who have thier hands tied by crazy laws along with a culture that promotes antisocial behavior and an extremely lax and underfunded penal system. Now you know why parents are screaming to get some of this shit off TV etc.

Forum List

Back