The Color of Crime...Report Statistics Released

GotZoom said:
Congrats! Wonderful!

I'm curious...were they ever tempted by the "cool kids" who were doing things they weren't supposed to do?
As far as mine goes..and she is no "Angel" more times that not she has come right out and said, so an so is doing xyz or abc, how stupid is that? :thup:

dmp said:
The job of teaching morals and values has never been society's job. Parents are to teach values and morals to children in spite of society.

I guess they better start then or we will be goners.

dmp said:
The job of teaching morals and values has never been society's job. Parents are to teach values and morals to children in spite of society.

True...very true. Society does have a responsibility to support, assist, aid, (whatever word) the parents though.

Mom and Dad teach Bobby not to cuss in school, to be respectful to the teachers. Then one day at school, Jermaine cusses at the teacher and the teacher doesn't do anything because he/she is afraid that Jermaine's parents will come to school and throw a fit, file a complaint (in her permanent record - which might affect promotions, etc), accuse her of racism, etc. The teacher has failed Bobby and Bobby's parents.

GotZoom said:
True...very true. Society does have a responsibility to support, assist, aid, (whatever word) the parents though.

Mom and Dad teach Bobby not to cuss in school, to be respectful to the teachers. Then one day at school, Jermaine cusses at the teacher and the teacher doesn't do anything because he/she is afraid that Jermaine's parents will come to school and throw a fit, file a complaint (in her permanent record - which might affect promotions, etc), accuse her of racism, etc. The teacher has failed Bobby and Bobby's parents.

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----You can't tell me that schools didn't teach kids how to behave properly .

Mr. P said:
As far as mine goes..and she is no "Angel" more times that not she has come right out and said, so an so is doing xyz or abc, how stupid is that? :thup:

I wonder if that had to do with her upbringing.

I mean, you know how influential her "bad" friends can be.

dilloduck said:
Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----You can't tell me that schools didn't teach kids how to behave properly .

Jermaine's parents failed Jermaine. Bobby's teacher failed Bobby and Bobby's parents.

But with the upbringing Bobby had, he goes home his mom and day and tells them what happened with Jermaine.

Bobby's parents explain that sometimes life isn't fair, but Bobby needs to do the right thing, no matter what.

GotZoom said:

If you are insinuating that I blame all bad behavior on peer pressure, your mistaken. It's just one of the many hurdles a parent has to fight against.

GotZoom said:

Not at all. The problem isn't society, it's those parents who won't discipline their child which is at fault - not the teacher's in-action. Root causes here..

GotZoom said:

Why of course it did...Now, truth is they start to break away and rebel a bit it's normal. Hopefully they have what they need to make that step in life and survive.

I'll let ya know..

GotZoom said:
Jermaine's parents failed Jermaine. Bobby's teacher failed Bobby and Bobby's parents.

But with the upbringing Bobby had, he goes home his mom and day and tells them what happened with Jermaine.

Bobby's parents explain that sometimes life isn't fair, but Bobby needs to do the right thing, no matter what.

dream on---whose going to do the upbringing when all the parents are in jail because thier kids screwed up ?----the state. Worked real well for that famous secularist, Hitler.

dilloduck said:
dream on---whose going to do the upbringing when all the parents are in jail because thier kids screwed up ?----the state. Worked real well for that famous secularist, Hitler.

I never said that parents should get jail time for their children's screw up.

Kids to go jail, parents get fined and do community service with their children once they get out.

gotzoom said:
First offense….Fine the parents - they will get the money out of the kid in one way or another; allowance, etc.
Second offense…Fine the parents plus community service for both kid and parents.
Third Offense…Fine the parents, Jail time 30 days for the kid and community service for both kid and parents.
Forth…….Fine the parents, Jail time of 6 months for the kid and community service for both the kid and parents.

GotZoom said:
I never said that parents should get jail time for their children's screw up.

Kids to go jail, parents get fined and do community service with their children once they get out.

So what is the kid gonna learn in jail ? Bible stories?

dmp said:
Not at all. The problem isn't society, it's those parents who won't discipline their child which is at fault - not the teacher's in-action. Root causes here..

This is where I said, many posts before, that it is going to take a combined effort to make this work. There has to be one group supporting the others. Parents need to tell their kids to behave in schools, do their best, listen to teachers, etc. School teachers need to teach the same thing, work hard, listen to parents, respect authority, etc.

When us "older" people were in school, teachers could paddle. If a kid got out of line, for any reason (including their "non-upbringing"), the kid would get wacked. He/she straighted up after that. He may have been an animal at home, but in school, he was straight.

Root cause is parents. Everyone needs to help fixing the problem, but it falls to the parents to start the firm foundation.

dilloduck said:
So what is the kid gonna learn in jail ? Bible stories?

If he goes to a juvenile detention facility it may very well be the first time he is forced to sit through a class without talking dirty about the teacher and throwing stuff around.

dilloduck said:
If you are insinuating that I blame all bad behavior on peer pressure, your mistaken. It's just one of the many hurdles a parent has to fight against.

This "insinuation" was for the infamous French singer who frequents our board.

no1tovote4 said:
If he goes to a juvenile detention facility it may very well be the first time he is forced to sit through a class without talking dirty about the teacher and throwing stuff around.

Let's don't forget the two guys in the corner humming the theme song to "Deliverance."

no1tovote4 said:
And as I said in my outline..way back..30 days to start..That's a BIG wake-up call for most kids, I think. And yes it would be juvenile detention, but I think most would still "Get it".

GotZoom said:
This is where I said, many posts before, that it is going to take a combined effort to make this work. There has to be one group supporting the others. Parents need to tell their kids to behave in schools, do their best, listen to teachers, etc. School teachers need to teach the same thing, work hard, listen to parents, respect authority, etc.

When us "older" people were in school, teachers could paddle. If a kid got out of line, for any reason (including their "non-upbringing"), the kid would get wacked. He/she straighted up after that. He may have been an animal at home, but in school, he was straight.

Root cause is parents. Everyone needs to help fixing the problem, but it falls to the parents to start the firm foundation.

Agreed--so now that it is abvious that the front line has failed miserably, how do you suggest we get things back in order ? I still have grave doubts that punishing parents will be of much assistance.

Forum List

Back