The Color of Crime...Report Statistics Released

Hagbard Celine said:
I'll let them know that if they do not bring the grades up, they will lead a spartan life with few privileges. Parties and "hangin' out at the Max" will be put-off until homework is finished and understood. But that's only if bad grades are brought home. If the kid's smart, that won't be a problem, especially if I decide to stay with Georgia schools. I used to skip class all the time in highschool. I still skip class every now and then. But if it doesn't affect my grades, it's not a problem.

Well, that won't happen unless I raise my kid to be a skank. I'm a preppy guy. I play golf and hang out at the country club. Kids that do that sort of thing don't hang out with skanks. Highschool is a cliquey place.

Take it from him/her, give the lecture about why only losers smoke dope, give the guilt-trip about how I could be held accountable for this under the law because it's being done on my property, threaten future punishment if it happens again, and then go smoke the rest of it with my wife.:D

Either you aren't taking this seriously or you just simply have no clue.

I hope, for your childrens' sake, it is the first.

Bullshit. Having the opportunity to commit crime is NEVER a justification or reason. The problem is a generation of parents who feel 'You can't control every aspect of your kids' lives, they will do what they want!'

You guys are breaking my balls about this like I'm excusing criminal behavior, but I'm not. All I'm doing is presenting a reason why more blacks are criminals than whites are.

Hagbard Celine said:
You guys are breaking my balls about this like I'm excusing criminal behavior, but I'm not. All I'm doing is presenting a reason why more blacks are criminals than whites are.

But your words are not 'reasonable', thus aren't a valid 'reason'.

That's what a few of us believe.

Hagbard Celine said:
I'll let them know that if they do not bring the grades up, they will lead a spartan life with few privileges. Parties and "hangin' out at the Max" will be put-off until homework is finished and understood. But that's only if bad grades are brought home. If the kid's smart, that won't be a problem, especially if I decide to stay with Georgia schools. I used to skip class all the time in highschool. I still skip class every now and then. But if it doesn't affect my grades, it's not a problem.

Well, that won't happen unless I raise my kid to be a skank. I'm a preppy guy. I play golf and hang out at the country club. Kids that do that sort of thing don't hang out with skanks. Highschool is a cliquey place.

Take it from him/her, give the lecture about why only losers smoke dope, give the guilt-trip about how I could be held accountable for this under the law because it's being done on my property, threaten future punishment if it happens again, and then go smoke the rest of it with my wife.:D
Boy do you have alot to learn. :eek:

Hagbard Celine said:
Why, what did I say that's unreasonable?

"But that's only if bad grades are brought home. If the kid's smart, that won't be a problem, especially if I decide to stay with Georgia schools. I used to skip class all the time in highschool. I still skip class every now and then. But if it doesn't affect my grades, it's not a problem.

Take it from him/her, give the lecture about why only losers smoke dope, give the guilt-trip about how I could be held accountable for this under the law because it's being done on my property, threaten future punishment if it happens again, and then go smoke the rest of it with my wife."

You don't think that going to class every day teaches them responsibility..for when they go to college or work? What about doing your best at everything you try? Paying attention, showing the teacher respect?

Right..every country club kid is a preppy..won't ever do anything wrong or hang out with ...skanks. I thought you said that peer pressure was everywhere, kids hand out with the wrong kind every day...you don't plan on telling them WHO the wrong kind are?

First offense with an illegal substance committing an illegal acitivty is simply taking it away? How about if they shoplift?

But your words are not 'reasonable', thus aren't a valid 'reason'.

So you guys don't see a connection between a person growing up around crime and that person exhibiting criminal behavior? You don't think one has anything to do with the other?

hmm

"....Between 2001 and 2003, blacks committed, on average, 15,400 black-on-white rapes per year, while whites averaged only 900 white-on-black rapes per year...."

yeah....but seriously.........

how many black girls have you *wanted*?

I can prolly count them on one-hand...

-Cp said:
hmm

"....Between 2001 and 2003, blacks committed, on average, 15,400 black-on-white rapes per year, while whites averaged only 900 white-on-black rapes per year...."

Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, um......

Hagbard Celine said:
So you guys don't see a connection between a person growing up around crime and that person exhibiting criminal behavior? You don't think one has anything to do with the other?
Left unchecked, sure...But I think WE are saying the parents ARE the CHECK!

GotZoom said:
Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, um......

And to finish the other three fingers on my one-hand would be:

Tyra Banks, Thandy Newton, Tracey Bingham

-Cp said:
hmm

I could NOT count them on both hands, or both feet.

wow...I bet I see five thousand women per year, walking around town. Say 10% are women I find 'attractive' or 'hot'. 500 women. I'd guess HALF the women I think are hot, are women of colour.

:)

You don't think that going to class every day teaches them responsibility..for when they go to college or work? What about doing your best at everything you try? Paying attention, showing the teacher respect?

A smart kid is going to be able to play the system and win. Like me and many I know have so far. A small-town public school is easy to get through. You don't have to go to every class or put forth strenuous effort to do well. And skipping class has nothing to do with respect for your elders, paying attention or "trying your bestest." If the kid can bring home good grades while balancing hanging out with friends and he/she skips weight training or PE every now and then, I've got nothing to complain about.

Right..every country club kid is a preppy..won't ever do anything wrong or hang out with ...skanks. I thought you said that peer pressure was everywhere, kids hand out with the wrong kind every day...you don't plan on telling them WHO the wrong kind are?

Peer pressure is everywhere, and so are bad influences. But if I raise the kid to be smart and to judge situations accurately and look out for him/herself and to have class, big mistakes will be minimized. Plus no self-respecting person wants to be seen with a skank. I will impart these bits of wisdom to my kids.

First offense with an illegal substance committing an illegal acitivty is simply taking it away? How about if they shoplift?

Whatelse can you do? Threaten to call the cops on them? Kids need to learn that cigarrettes and alcohol are not evil things, but that they can be enjoyed reasonably at the appropriate age. They don't deserve to be punished for being curious. Shoplifting is not good unless it's from Wal-Mart.:D

There is so much wrong with your child-raising thoughts. It's sad you don't see it.

I hope you "wisen-up" before you have kids.

For your kids sake.

dmp said:
I could NOT count them on both hands, or both feet.

wow...I bet I see five thousand women per year, walking around town. Say 10% are women I find 'attractive' or 'hot'. 500 women. I'd guess HALF the women I think are hot, are women of colour.

:)

That's only cause you're a horney-toad who'd nail anything wet.. .:p

Hagbard Celine said:

But at the same time all the people on the board are arguing is that this doesn't excuse the activity. This is more a semantics issue than it is a disagreement. You say "reason" they say "excuse" and it seems to depend on ideology which word you use.

If you say that being poor is a reason that they commit crime it appears that you excuse them from the responsibility of their action because they are poor. It might be better to call it a contributing factor rather than a reason for the action.

Their skin color isn't the main contributing factor, it is those that wish to continually excuse the activity because of the past oppression or the current racism, neither of which are a contributing factor to actions of today. Racism cannot make even one person commit a crime, it is an unreasonable and fallacious argument to assume that what another thinks of you makes you act that way, it is what you think of yourself that makes you act that way. Oppression on ancestors cannot be a cause either as there are others that have proven that to be false as well, once again another fallacious argument.

If we can get people to reject these fallacious arguments as a basis to define the actions of people it will be a major step toward improving the situation. Imagine a whole group of people putting their minds toward success rather than recompense. Or in other words working toward a bright future rather than determining the future based on the past. Get them to believe that the best revenge will be to live in luxury with all the benefits that have in the past been attributed those who have oppressed their ancestors rather than to wallow in the actions committed against those ancestors.

no1tovote4 said:
But at the same time all the people on the board are arguing is that this doesn't excuse the activity. This is more a semantics issue than it is a disagreement. You say "reason" they say "excuse" and it seems to depend on ideology which word you use.

If you say that being poor is a reason that they commit crime it appears that you excuse them from the responsibility of their action because they are poor. It might be better to call it a contributing factor rather than a reason for the action.

Their skin color isn't the main contributing factor, it is those that wish to continually excuse the activity because of the past oppression or the current racism, neither of which are a contributing factor to actions of today. Racism cannot make even one person commit a crime, it is an unreasonable and fallacious argument to assume that what another thinks of you makes you act that way, it is what you think of yourself that makes you act that way. Oppression on ancestors cannot be a cause either as there are others that have proven that to be false as well, once again another fallacious argument.

If we can get people to reject these fallacious arguments as a basis to define the actions of people it will be a major step toward improving the situation. Imagine a whole group of people putting their minds toward success rather than recompense. Or in other words working toward a bright future rather than determining the future based on the past. Get them to believe that the best revenge will be to live in luxury with all the benefits that have in the past been attributed those who have oppressed their ancestors rather than to wallow in the actions committed against those ancestors.

I had to rep you for this, great post. I bolded the section that I especially agree with.

Bull. I'm not arguing semantics at all, you guys are. "Reason" and "excuse" are two, totally unrelated words. I never said criminal behavior should go unpunished just because of the criminal's reason for committing the crime. That's something you guys arbitrarily accused me of because you disagreed with my posts. I just presented a rational reason for why many criminals happen to be black. That doesn't excuse their criminal behavior at all. "Contributing factor" and "reason" mean the same thing! They're synonyms. This is retarded.

When I first started posting on this thread, many posters were just making the issue into a racial matter and hinting that the reason many criminals are black is because they are an "inferior race." I merely presented a more rational, realistic reason.

Forum List

Back