The city of Charleston South Carolina formally apologizes for its role in slavery

Charleston formally apologizes for its role in slavery

A southern city is formally apologizing for its dark past.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

charleston-slavery-history-03-ap-jc-180620_hpEmbed_12x13_992.jpg
AP
As an African, have you apologized for your role in slavery?

Slavery in Africa - Wikipedia
You sound like an idiot. Thats like asking a rape victim to apologize for being raped. Why did you ask such a stupid question? :laugh:

The city has apologized, do you forgive them?
Time will tell. I find that when white people apologize for something they tend to be in the process of employing another tactic to fuck someone over. Take the NA's for example. White people would sign peace treaties promising to stop stealing land. NA's would take them at their word and several months later have more land stolen. Lets wait and see how S. Carolina conducts itself in the realm of race relations before even considering accepting their apology let alone forgiving them.
Your post demonstrates why we should never apologize to people who werent the victims of things that we didnt do. Thank you for making that easy.
Youre welcome. I just gave you the excuse you were going to find anyway. Youre like a flea or lint so you dont really matter.

When are the native Americans going to apologize for torturing whites to death and bashing out the brains of white infants?

When will these outrages be addressed?
When whites give all the land back they stole from native americans.
The natives didn't own it so they couldn't have anything stolen from them. Native Americans had no concept of land ownership.
Who told you they didnt own it? Sounds like a lot of ignorant white Rand bullshit to me. If they didnt have the concept of land ownership why did they fight among themselves over land? So again when whites give all the land back you will get your apology.
Who told you they owned it? Let me guess, some low IQ black dude.
They told me they owned it. You dont really think I give any credibility to what white people say do you?

You should. You can learn something from any group, any nationality. Blanket disregard or contempt for all people with a different skin color is racial bigotry and entirely unwelcome in civilized society. And yes, you white racists are included in that. You don't speak for anyone but yourselves, so don't think you're getting kudos for being stupid.

When whites give all the land back they stole from native americans.
The natives didn't own it so they couldn't have anything stolen from them. Native Americans had no concept of land ownership.
Who told you they didnt own it? Sounds like a lot of ignorant white Rand bullshit to me. If they didnt have the concept of land ownership why did they fight among themselves over land? So again when whites give all the land back you will get your apology.
They told me they owned it. You dont really think I give any credibility to what white people say do you?

You should. You can learn something from any group, any nationality. Blanket disregard or contempt for all people with a different skin color is racial bigotry and entirely unwelcome in civilized society. And yes, you white racists are included in that. You don't speak for anyone but yourselves, so don't think you're getting kudos for being stupid.
I disagree. White people lie too much due to their genetic predisposition to suffer from insecurity. The things I could learn from whites are known to others so I am not missing anything. Learning from whites is like digging through a dumpster. Yeah you might find something useful by why get all filthy sorting through all the trash when you can find it elsewhere?

I'm not white. Dont insult me like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I disagree. White people lie too much due to their genetic predisposition to suffer from insecurity. The things I could learn from whites are known to others so I am not missing anything. Learning from whites is like digging through a dumpster. Yeah you might find something useful by why get all filthy sorting through all the trash when you can find it elsewhere?

That's obvious due to your anti-white bigotry. As I said, it's not welcome in a civilized society.

That's obvious due to your anti-white bigotry. As I said, it's not welcome in a civilized society.
I wouldnt call white society civilized nor do I lose sleep over being welcomed in white society. Whites have killed more humans than any another race on the planet by far. And thats just the overt examples of your savagery. We havent discussed how many lives have been lost by you guys fucking up the environment.

• Thanks
During the time of slavery in America we called slaveholders Confederates. Today we call Republicans Confederates.

• Thanks
During the time of slavery in America we called slaveholders Confederates. Today we call Republicans Confederates.
...and everyone calls you stupid.
Not everyone. White conservative Confederates. You know, you’re kind.
^ Stupid
What’s wrong? Don’t you like being identified as a white conservative confederate? Most Republicans like to be called Confederates.
^ Still stupid

I wouldnt call white society civilized nor do I lose sleep over being welcomed in white society. Whites have killed more humans than any another race on the planet by far. And thats just the overt examples of your savagery. We havent discussed how many lives have been lost by you guys fucking up the environment.

Just don't be upset that you're not accepted in any civilized society, not just white.

First a formal acknowledgment of the wrong committed, then an apology.

A step in the right direction....
How can someone apologize for something they had no part in? They are just pandering and you gobbled it up like a dummy. :laugh:

It's actually petty easy. Other countries have done it.

Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC)

And since you're still doing it.....
If an apology makes you feel better, go beg for it. An apology should be from someone who did wrong.

That episode in American history happened over 150 years ago.

Time to get a grip and move on? .... :cool:

A few people off of Red Dirt Road apologized for the fact that 160 years ago there was a plantation there with slaves. It is now a suburban subdivision of more than 300 white upper class palatial homes. They feel guilty, but they still own their land and houses, earn the money, and have minorities cutting the grass.
Blacks in America Have Never Been Treated Worse Than They Deserved

The Limousine Liberals don't feel guilty about anything; they are power-hungry snobs who want to forcibly persuade the rest of us to feel guilty.
I disagree with the bold print.

Just don't be upset that you're not accepted in any civilized society, not just white.
I already told you white society isnt civilized. However, I've been welcomed into it a couple of hundred times at least. I would never be upset about not being welcomed by white society though. Whats there to be upset about?

I already told you white society isnt civilized. However, I've been welcomed into it a couple of hundred times at least. I would never be upset about not being welcomed by white society though. Whats there to be upset about?

The fact that your bigotry earns you deserved contempt.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

AP

You sound like an idiot. Thats like asking a rape victim to apologize for being raped. Why did you ask such a stupid question? :laugh:

Time will tell. I find that when white people apologize for something they tend to be in the process of employing another tactic to fuck someone over. Take the NA's for example. White people would sign peace treaties promising to stop stealing land. NA's would take them at their word and several months later have more land stolen. Lets wait and see how S. Carolina conducts itself in the realm of race relations before even considering accepting their apology let alone forgiving them.

The point of apology, and accepting an apology, is to heal a wound or a conflict, so that people can move on, and work together or live together in harmony.

YOu just showed that that will not work with liberals. Because you never let anything go.

THe mayor and city council of Charleston, are fools and dupes. Really, the alt-right term, "Cuck" is really called for.

...and you believed them? Why am i not shocked. :laugh:
Why wouldnt I believe them? They dont lie like white people do.
You have to be "told" things, like a child or slave. Haha!! :laugh:
Everyone has to be told things unless they can experience it first hand dummy.
laugh.gif
Try reading a book once in awhile, dummy. :laugh:

AP

The point of apology, and accepting an apology, is to heal a wound or a conflict, so that people can move on, and work together or live together in harmony.

YOu just showed that that will not work with liberals. Because you never let anything go.

THe mayor and city council of Charleston, are fools and dupes. Really, the alt-right term, "Cuck" is really called for.
I already posted that so I know you copied off me except you included accepting an apology. The point of apologizing is to express sorrow or remorse. Nothing else. Hopefully it leads to further discussion and civility However, there is no requirement for someone to accept your apology.

In the case of accepting an apology from white boys its more like an abused person accepting an apology from an abuser knowing full well the abuse is going to come again. You may be geniunely sorry....for yourself...but the possibility that you are sorry for your actions is little to none.

Forum List

Back