The Christie Scandal That Wasn’t

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
It is a dark day at MSNBC.

The investigation continues, but on Thursday federal officials told NBC New Yorkthat, after nine months, the U.S. Justice Department has been unable to link New Jersey governor Chris Christie to the lane closures on the George Washington Bridge that took place from Monday, September 9, through Thursday, September 12, 2013.

The Christie Scandal That Wasn t National Review Online

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel......Maddow covered a "lie" for weeks on end.

Maddow, Mathews and other rabid libs reported every innuendo as if it were the truth. They are silent now that a thorough investigation yielded nothing.

The media helped insure that this case was looked into. Why don't they do the same with Obama's scandals?

The goal was never to actually find Christie guilty of anything. The point was to destroy his political career and give his opponents a bumper sticker.

Maddow, Mathews and other rabid libs reported every innuendo as if it were the truth. They are silent now that a thorough investigation yielded nothing.

The media helped insure that this case was looked into. Why don't they do the same with Obama's scandals?

Because why would they go after their own party?

The goal was never to actually find Christie guilty of anything. The point was to destroy his political career and give his opponents a bumper sticker.

So right on the money...
The goal was to inflict as much damage as possible on Christie in order to clear the way for Hillary.
Didn't matter if Christie was involved or not.
The job was to make it seem like he was.

So you are saying that the democrats ruined Christie for GOP votes?

No, they saw him as a threat, and they did what they do to all threats, try to eliminate it.

If he is innocent then I see no problem of him running..He's not that big of a threat and this was a state level complaint..I don't see how a potential GOP candidate is ruined by a so-called democrat based scandal...It would serve to draw the GOP base closer by the inclusion of that story..

No, I think what they're saying is that Christie didn't do anything wrong and the evidence of that lies in an investigation which failed to prove otherwise; and that Liberals smeared Christie with it anyway.

You know, like Conservatives did with Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!!!!!

Maybe we need to investigate BridgeGate 6 or 7 more times like the right did with Benghazi?

At any rate, I think it's adorable how they whine when we use their playbook.

No, I think what they're saying is that Christie didn't do anything wrong and the evidence of that lies in an investigation which failed to prove otherwise; and that Liberals smeared Christie with it anyway.

Maybe we need to investigate BridgeGate 6 or 7 more times like the right did with Benghazi?

Me too, but it does get old and shows the problem as a microcosm of American society..

No, they saw him as a threat, and they did what they do to all threats, try to eliminate it.

If he is innocent then I see no problem of him running..He's not that big of a threat and this was a state level complaint..I don't see how a potential GOP candidate is ruined by a so-called democrat based scandal...It would serve to draw the GOP base closer by the inclusion of that story..

another typical tactic. get behind a scandal investigation when it starts, lambaste the target with any crazy idea that has been posted, and when nothing comes of it, play the "we let the process happen" card.

Democrats and Republicans chasing each other around like children in a playground, starting investigations, making accusations, it never ends.

Feigned outrage is a national political sport.

It's so terribly obvious that this is done for political gain.

And then they wonder why so few people believe their bullshit.

Last edited:
Maybe it's enough that he was accused. You know, the way it's always been enough that Bill Clinton was only impeached,

but never convicted. Let's apply the standard of the latter's guilty until proven innocent crowd. Fair enough?

Obviously, some idiot talking heads won't be honest.

The real problem is that NBC, CBS and ABC, who hold themselves out as real reporters, are behaving the same way and covering things up. That is dangerous when people believe they are watching real news when they are actually being treated to nightly propaganda.

The real problem is that NBC, CBS and ABC, who hold themselves out as real reporters, are behaving the same way and covering things up. That is dangerous when people believe they are watching real news when they are actually being treated to nightly propaganda.

Ethics are taught in college and high school journalism classes, but in the real world of business, anything goes...

If, every time it was investigated, more damning information came to light, then absolutely it should be investigated again. You know, like with Benghazi.

Ethics are taught in college and high school journalism classes, but in the real world of business, anything goes...

Business? This is politics. Politicians make businessmen look like choir boys.

Maybe it's enough that he was accused. You know, the way it's always been enough that Bill Clinton was only impeached,

but never convicted. Let's apply the standard of the latter's guilty until proven innocent crowd. Fair enough?

Sure, if you can find a court that will do something similar to taking away Bubba's license to practice law because Christie perjured himself and filed false affidavits.

Forum List

Back