'The Case for Reparations'

Most of the whites on this board believe there is no need for reparations. You should see the arguments against it. I was amazed at the ignorance even though there is a precedent already set for this.
When do I get paid...

they can get reparations from me if they can find and dig up my great great great grandparents and then see if they can get BLOOD from them

I owe nobody NOTHING. they've had all the same opportunities as the rest of us in this country. I'm NOT going to FORCED more than I already am into paying one more dime.... because I've taken away from my FAMILY enough, and enough is enough. they milk milk milk to death over something they weren't EVEN born into and we've bent over backwards to give them a hand up, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

Reparations is a pipe dream for a lot of blacks. They sit around waiting for their forty acres and a mule while us taxpayers support them.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but huh....reparations for you morons will never happen. Get over it!

Reparations is a pipe dream for a lot of blacks. They sit around waiting for their forty acres and a mule while us taxpayers support them.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but huh....reparations for you morons will never happen. Get over it!

Actually a program offering 40 acres and a modern "mule" i.e. farm equipment, and training, to inner city youths might be worth it.

Actually a program offering 40 acres and a modern "mule" i.e. farm equipment, and training, to inner city youths might be worth it.

To repeat: No such promise was ever made during Reconstruction.

Assuming they would want to work.

No mule was originally involved, but the confiscation of land that belonged to southerners and the "redistribution" of it to negroes was real.
Just another "legal" revenge tactic by the north to cripple the south after the war of northern aggression

We have been taught in school that the source of the policy of "40 acres and a mule" was Union General William T. Sherman's Special Field Order No. 15, issued on Jan. 16, 1865. (That account is half-right: Sherman prescribed the 40 acres in that Order, but not the mule. The mule would come later.) But what many accounts leave out is that this idea for massive land redistribution actually was the result of a discussion that Sherman and Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton held four days before Sherman issued the Order, with 20 leaders of the black community in Savannah, Ga., where Sherman was headquartered following his famous March to the Sea. The meeting was unprecedented in American history.

Today, we commonly use the phrase "40 acres and a mule," but few of us have read the Order itself. Three of its parts are relevant here. Section one bears repeating in full: "The islands from Charleston, south, the abandoned rice fields along the rivers for thirty miles back from the sea, and the country bordering the St. Johns river, Florida, are reserved and set apart for the settlement of the negroes [sic] now made free by the acts of war and the proclamation of the President of the United States."

Section two specifies that these new communities, moreover, would be governed entirely by black people themselves: " … on the islands, and in the settlements hereafter to be established, no white person whatever, unless military officers and soldiers detailed for duty, will be permitted to reside; and the sole and exclusive management of affairs will be left to the freed people themselves … By the laws of war, and orders of the President of the United States, the negro [sic] is free and must be dealt with as such."

Last edited:
Most of the whites on this board believe there is no need for reparations. You should see the arguments against it. I was amazed at the ignorance even though there is a precedent already set for this.

One of my ancestors was killed fighting for the Union in the Civil War...does that mean I get reparations as well?

Yes!

Not from me though

Reparations is a pipe dream for a lot of blacks.

"A lot"? What lot? Have you personally been told by even one black person in real life that they are "dreaming" about reparations?

Not in those exact words but yes.

In what exact words? Were these supposed people friends of yours? coworkers?

Nice hack job on my quote.

Your questions aren't relevant to the conversation. It doesn't matter what their exact words were or what the relationship may be. Bottom line is lots of blacks want reparations in one form or another.

Black Reparations Survey News One

well that I might go for as long as it's for every citizen in the country.
but this class/RACE warfare of blacks, whites, etc is what's tearing this country apart

No mule was originally involved, but the confiscation of land that belonged to southerners and the "redistribution of it to negroes was real.

Not so much. Even Radical Republicans in the North were generally unwilling to go that far. The distribution of lands seized during the war could only be enforced until the end of military occupation anyway.

Oh, and grow the fuck up and stop using the term "negroes" you juvenile clown. Are you 12 fucking years old or something?

"A lot"? What lot? Have you personally been told by even one black person in real life that they are "dreaming" about reparations?

Your questions aren't relevant to the conversation. It doesn't matter what their exact words were or what the relationship may be. Bottom line is lots of blacks want reparations in one form or another.

If you wanted to admit you were completely full of shit you could have just said so.

One of the logistical problems of reparations is that with our government involved (choke) , its just going to be another tax, another slush fund from which money will flow into newly created burocratic offices. It will become GRAFT on steroids. I can imagine easily that Lawyers are the ones who want this the most, they would stand to make a fortune. A education is much more valuable than a monetary amount. without the education, the money will be quickly lost or spent.

If you wanted to admit you were completely full of shit you could have just said so.

No such admission was made.

Your concession is duly noted.

The can of reparations. Beg Bitches
reparatiosn.jpg

Forum List

Back