'The Case for Reparations'

Reparations is a pipe dream for a lot of blacks.

"A lot"? What lot? Have you personally been told by even one black person in real life that they are "dreaming" about reparations?

Not in those exact words but yes.

In what exact words? Were these supposed people friends of yours? coworkers?

Nice hack job on my quote.

Your questions aren't relevant to the conversation. It doesn't matter what their exact words were or what the relationship may be. Bottom line is lots of blacks want reparations in one form or another.

If you wanted to admit you were completely full of shit you could have just said so.

No such admission was made.

That's exactly what your post was. Any reasonable person reading it will come to the same conclusion. You're too stupid for yourself.

Reparations is a pipe dream for a lot of blacks.

"A lot"? What lot? Have you personally been told by even one black person in real life that they are "dreaming" about reparations?

Not in those exact words but yes.

In what exact words? Were these supposed people friends of yours? coworkers?

Nice hack job on my quote.

Your questions aren't relevant to the conversation. It doesn't matter what their exact words were or what the relationship may be. Bottom line is lots of blacks want reparations in one form or another.

If you wanted to admit you were completely full of shit you could have just said so.

No such admission was made.

That's exactly what your post was. Any reasonable person reading it will come to the same conclusion. You're too stupid for yourself.

You're dumber than dirt. It's no wonder you would think such an idiotic thing.

Now do you wish to debate or just hurl insults?

'The Case for Reparations'
Clear and Concise..... There is no Case for Reparations'
End of Story.

Most of the whites on this board believe there is no need for reparations. You should see the arguments against it. I was amazed at the ignorance even though there is a precedent already set for this.

Not really. As the Japanese Internment folks lost real property. Homes, businesses, land. And the reparations were as an explicit repayment for this real, measurable monetary loss.....and was granted to specific individuals who experienced this loss. And while some money was granted to the heirs of those harmed, it was the individuals who were harmed themselves that submitted the legal case for reparations to begin with.

Reparations for black folks is more an ethical and philosophical argument than an actual loss of real property or legal argument. And would apply to anyone of a particular race rather than to a specific individual. There's no precedent for that. None of the former slaves could sue because they're all dead....unlike the Japanese internship folks who were very much alive when they filed their court paperwork. And the dead have no rights.

Reparations weren't paid to anyone of Japanese ancestry. Or even to anyone who was interned in one of the camps. But only to those who could prove property loss as a result of internment. While 'reparations for black folks' is paid to anyone of a particular race. That's unprecedented.

And races in the US are so mixed that things start to get a little muddy. If you're 50% black and 50% white does that mean you only get a half payment? Or does anyone who self identifies as African American get a share? What if your ancestors weren't slaves? For example, Obama's dad was from Kenya. None of his ancestors were slaves to any more degree than your average white person. Does he or folks like him get reparations?

Its all muddy, nebulous and legally unprecedented. So who knows? The courts don't grant damages based on racial history. And they don't grant damages based on something that didn't happen to you personally. So we'd be rewriting the law.

Worse still....once we've opened that door, does that mean you can go back into the history books and look for any relative that might have been wronged by government....and try to get your payment? Once we've lifted real damage requirements, any statute of limitations for damages, and which person is affected requirements......you've got a litany of unintended consequences that will likely follow. As you've essentially rewritten civil law.

And finally, once we've paid reparations, does that mean that any societal imbalance is thus rectified? Do affirmative action programs go to the wayside? Does all racial preferences in our laws vanish as a consequence?

I don't know. Maybe.

Reparations for what? All those black women with a brood hugging their legs and two shopping carts full of food cashing in welfare cards that crowd me out at Wal-Mart? Same ones parked in the Handicapped parking space? Are you kidding me? Blacks need to get over it. Really. Same ones with a I phone buzzing loud ghetto crap as they peruse the isles as they shop. I Work, I can't even afford an I-phone. Sorry, kids. But a black out of work mother of can, and get assistance too. Good for her. And so it goes.

And you will claim you're not racist, right?

:rolleyes:

If a racist is someone who acknowledges facts about the Negro race, than that is what I am. Compared with whites blacks are much less intelligent on the average. They have much higher rates of crime and illegitimacy.

However, while blacks reinforce white racism every generation with their congenital deficiencies, the difference in standard of living between blacks and whites is due to those deficiencies, rather than white racism.

If all the whites left the United States, blacks would be lost. They have never created a viable society anywhere in the world. By viable society, I mean a country with a low crime rate, a high standard of living, and a well functioning government. Blacks have never been able to maintain such a country when it was handed to them.

Whites owe blacks nothing. Blacks owe us plenty. Reparations? Forget it. You pay us.

Reparations for what? All those black women with a brood hugging their legs and two shopping carts full of food cashing in welfare cards that crowd me out at Wal-Mart? Same ones parked in the Handicapped parking space? Are you kidding me? Blacks need to get over it. Really. Same ones with a I phone buzzing loud ghetto crap as they peruse the isles as they shop. I Work, I can't even afford an I-phone. Sorry, kids. But a black out of work mother of can, and get assistance too. Good for her. And so it goes.

If a racist is someone who acknowledges facts about the Negro race, than that is what I am.....

What you are is an idiotic loser.

I must admit, if I thought reparations would change anything or fix anything, I'd take the thought seriously.

But they would not.

Does anyone think the PC Police would change their behavior because we threw some money at these valuable constituents of theirs?

Of course not.

I'd support the gvt giving each one that is an american citizen 500,000 dollars.

Considering there are around 30 million negroes, it STILL comes out to less than obamas "quantitative easing" BS scams to bail out his banker/wall street cronies...

They can each have half a million..but they have to leave.

I'd support the gvt giving each one that is an american citizen 500,000 dollars.

Considering there are around 30 million negroes, it STILL comes out to less than obamas "quantitative easing" BS scams to bail out his banker/wall street cronies...

They can each have half a million..but they have to leave.

How about you leave for free?

I can't believe we are even talking about this in this day and age

here it is, the 21 CENTURY and damn few of us had anything to do with slavery and that the goes the same for the black people in the country

I think is ridiculous. EVERY race and color has been slighted at one time or another.

This is pure EXTORTION in my book...what is it, we need to pay them off to shut them up about something that 150 years ago?

If a racist is someone who acknowledges facts about the Negro race, than that is what I am.....

Great rebuttal.

Great rebuttal.

His standard fallback position.

Great rebuttal.

Sad reality.

Most of the whites on this board believe there is no need for reparations. You should see the arguments against it. I was amazed at the ignorance even though there is a precedent already set for this.

The Japanese were never slaves, they were not brought here against their will, they were never bought and sold like chattel. There is no precedent.
You are a devil...

Forum List

Back