'The Case for Reparations'

The United States is about opportunity and struggle...not a free ride. So what, your ancestors came here as slaves? Would you rather go back in time and ensure you are living in Africa today? The argument for reparations is absurd. Welcome to America, now stop bitching and make the most of it. When was the 13th Amendment ratified? 1865 or 66? Get over it already.

I never owned a slave, my people were from Florence and Calabria, I don't owe you dick

Most of the whites on this board believe there is no need for reparations. You should see the arguments against it. I was amazed at the ignorance even though there is a precedent already set for this.

One of my ancestors was killed fighting for the Union in the Civil War...does that mean I get reparations as well?

Why would you get reparations for going to war? Has that ever been done before in the history of our country?

Most of the whites on this board believe there is no need for reparations. You should see the arguments against it. I was amazed at the ignorance even though there is a precedent already set for this.

One of my ancestors was killed fighting for the Union in the Civil War...does that mean I get reparations as well?

Why would you get reparations for going to war? Has that ever been done before in the history of our country?

The oft stated reason for the war was to free the slaves. Do you know nothing about history?

The oft stated reason for the war was to free the slaves. Do you know nothing about history?

Just because it was stated doesnt mean it is true. They said Columbus discovered America too. Do you know you have been hoodwinked many times?

More interesting commentary.

Rust Belt Philosophy: Pay to play for pay

Rust Belt Philosophy: Reparations

Ta-Nehisi Coates on Reparations: A Hammer in Search of a Nail

And this:

'The Real Origins of the Religious Right'

"They’ll tell you it was abortion. Sorry, the historical record’s clear: It was segregation." Randall Balmer May 27, 2014

Read more: The Real Origins of the Religious Right - Randall Balmer - POLITICO Magazine

The Real Origins of the Religious Right - Randall Balmer - POLITICO Magazine

I never owned no slaves. I aint paying for shit.

I tell you what, ill pay you reperations, if you give me a slave. Nothing in life is free.

The biggest mistake this country ever made was slavery. The second biggest mistake was not taking them back to where they came from once they were free.

Reparations for what? All those black women with a brood hugging their legs and two shopping carts full of food cashing in welfare cards that crowd me out at Wal-Mart? Same ones parked in the Handicapped parking space? Are you kidding me? Blacks need to get over it. Really. Same ones with a I phone buzzing loud ghetto crap as they peruse the isles as they shop. I Work, I can't even afford an I-phone. Sorry, kids. But a black out of work mother of can, and get assistance too. Good for her. And so it goes.

by Jared Taylor
"The idea of reparations has a hypnotic effect on blacks. Not only does it console them with the idea that black failure is someone else’s fault, it comes with the intoxicating fantasy that money will drop out of the sky. The latest version of this fantasy is Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Atlantic article “The Case for Reparations.”

There are simple, devastating arguments against reparations for slavery.
First, it was practiced by individuals–not the government–yet the government is supposed to tax us to pay for it.
Of course, there is no legitimate moral or legal theory that requires today’s whites to pay for something a few whites last did 150 years ago.

Only one household in five in the Confederacy owned slaves. Even if it were possible to track down current descendants, there is no legal theory under which they should pay anything either.

My grandfather may have murdered your grandfather, but you have no claim on me. You can go shout at my grandfather’s gravestone if you like, but I owe you nothing.

Some people claim it was slavery that made the United States rich, so reparations would just share the wealth. This is foolishness. Slaves were manpower–manpower directed by whites–and were hardly a miracle of productivity. Many abolitionists argued that slave labor was grossly inefficient and that blacks would be more productive if they were put to work at prevailing wages. Indeed, the South, where slavery was practiced longest and which had the largest black population, was always poorer than the North......."

More at;

amren.com/ news/2014/05/reparations-again/

Sorry, I can't post a link yet. Haven't been a member long enough.

They can dig up my relatives who was around during slavery

see if they can get any blood from them

Reparations for what? All those black women with a brood hugging their legs and two shopping carts full of food cashing in welfare cards that crowd me out at Wal-Mart? Same ones parked in the Handicapped parking space? Are you kidding me? Blacks need to get over it. Really. Same ones with a I phone buzzing loud ghetto crap as they peruse the isles as they shop. I Work, I can't even afford an I-phone. Sorry, kids. But a black out of work mother of can, and get assistance too. Good for her. And so it goes.

And you will claim you're not racist, right?

:rolleyes:

They can dig up my relatives who was around during slavery

You'd have to go back to Ireland to dig up my relatives from that time (probably been absorbed by the soil and eaten as potatoes by now anyway).

Maybe the blacks owe us Reparations for all the welfare they take. They're a net negative on our nation the past 50 years. That and their violence.

You're under the erroneous assumption that Republicans are the main "tithers" unto our government - and even more wrong with regards to who collects the goodies.

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back