The Candy Crowley Tipping Point

Romney can't be accountable for his own performance?

Why can't Republicans accept blame? Its the pollsters, it's the media, it's the moderator, it's the audience......someone is always out to get you

When did Republicans turn into such a bunch of pussies?

What is there to be "accountable" for? What blame is there for Republicans to accept?

Romney did a good job. He continued to show the nation that the monster the Democrats have been portraying him as in their ads is fiction. He continued to give independents reason not to be afraid to abandon Obama's failed agenda.

It would have been nicer if Crowley had helped to get more information on the table instead of obscuring things.

That's a different subject from Romney's performance.

Obama actually showed up. Romney went toe to toe with him. Both candidates did most of what they needed to do for political purposes.

Crowley's inability or unwillingness to facilitate a good exchange and help to get real answers out of the candidates derailed some of the information which needed to get out, but Romney still did great. At best Obama staunched some of the hemorrhaging. He didn't gain any ground back from Romney.

Why the whining about moderators if Romney did so well?

Romney couldn't explain his tax plan and how it is funded
Romney offended women
Romney tried to set up Obama on Libya and got spanked

Blame the moderator

Oh bullshit.

The liberal bias of the media is an important issue to some of us. For many reasons. Totally separate from how any candidate did in any debate. Liberals aiding and abetting Obama's dangerous agenda is not good for the nation. This isn't about Romney. It's about the tilted pool from which debate moderators are chosen. And how the rest of that pool handles the dissemination of information the rest of the year.

What is there to be "accountable" for? What blame is there for Republicans to accept?

Romney did a good job. He continued to show the nation that the monster the Democrats have been portraying him as in their ads is fiction. He continued to give independents reason not to be afraid to abandon Obama's failed agenda.

It would have been nicer if Crowley had helped to get more information on the table instead of obscuring things.

That's a different subject from Romney's performance.

Obama actually showed up. Romney went toe to toe with him. Both candidates did most of what they needed to do for political purposes.

Crowley's inability or unwillingness to facilitate a good exchange and help to get real answers out of the candidates derailed some of the information which needed to get out, but Romney still did great. At best Obama staunched some of the hemorrhaging. He didn't gain any ground back from Romney.

Why the whining about moderators if Romney did so well?

Romney couldn't explain his tax plan and how it is funded
Romney offended women
Romney tried to set up Obama on Libya and got spanked

Blame the moderator

Oh bullshit.

The liberal bias of the media is an important issue to some of us. For many reasons. Totally separate from how any candidate did in any debate. Liberals aiding and abetting Obama's dangerous agenda is not good for the nation. This isn't about Romney. It's about the tilted pool from which debate moderators are chosen. And how the rest of that pool handles the dissemination of information the rest of the year.

To a Righty, "liberal bias" means "they don't slant things our way."

So interfering, fact checking and taking sides when your moderating is not an indication of bias? Got it.

A morally healthy person would think that fact checking is exactly what a moderator should do. It's the moderator's job to get to the truth. A moderator who allows one side to lie with impunity is taking the side of the liar.

That's what Clevergirl wants. She's enraged that for the first time, a moderator didn't take the Republican side by giving the Republican a free pass on lying. She and all the Republicans here understand how badly they're screwed if they keep getting called out on lying.

Conservatives do tend to be rather dishonest people. That stems from their moral relativism, their "The ends always justify the means for my side!" prime directive. Since all those lies help the cause of TheParty, conservatives define those lies as good and holy things.

That's also one of reasons why they hate liberals so much. The moral relativist conservatives despise the way the moral absolutist liberals will reject PC, and instead dare point out how true and false exist, right and wrong, that all viewpoints are not equally valid, and that not everyone actually does it.

So interfering, fact checking and taking sides when your moderating is not an indication of bias? Got it.

A morally healthy person would think that fact checking is exactly what a moderator should do. It's the moderator's job to get to the truth. A moderator who allows one side to lie with impunity is taking the side of the liar.

That's what Clevergirl wants. She's enraged that for the first time, a moderator didn't take the Republican side by giving the Republican a free pass on lying. She and all the Republicans here understand how badly they're screwed if they keep getting called out on lying.

Conservatives do tend to be rather dishonest people. That stems from their moral relativism, their "The ends always justify the means for my side!" prime directive. Since all those lies help the cause of TheParty, conservatives define those lies as good and holy things.

That's also one of reasons why they hate liberals so much. The moral relativist conservatives despise the way the moral absolutist liberals will reject PC, and instead dare point out how true and false exist, right and wrong, that all viewpoints are not equally valid, and that not everyone actually does it.

Crowley showed why moderators shouldn't be "fact checking" in the middle of the debate.

again. Just from looking at the posts, the biggest angst is that Romney got caught in a lie.

Really?

Well I disagree. Obama was playing with semantics.

It took his Administration weeks to tell the truth and he hasn't tell it all yet!

He should admit his Middle East policies have failed miserably.

I thought this thread would be about when Crowley had one twinkie too many and began to roll uncontrollably toward the equator.

b6R82.jpg

Insisting Obama won ignores the facts... Obama did manage to beat his first performance true.

The point of the thread is dealing with Americans who lost due to a biased and unethical moderator...

The first debate was scored by CNN Romney 67% Obama 25% That is a 42 point spread.

The second debate was scored by CNN Obama 46% Romney 39% That is a 7 point spread.

Get a clue.

Polling Center: CNN Poll: Who won the second presidential debate? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

See the first bubble for the republican side of that cartoon.

Note the point spread... Obama beat his first performance...not Romney.

Again, I digress, The point of the thread was that the American people lost due to Crowley's unethical behavior

Insisting Obama won ignores the facts... Obama did manage to beat his first performance true.

The point of the thread is dealing with Americans who lost due to a biased and unethical moderator...

The first debate was scored by CNN Romney 67% Obama 25% That is a 42 point spread.

The second debate was scored by CNN Obama 46% Romney 39% That is a 7 point spread.

Get a clue.

Polling Center: CNN Poll: Who won the second presidential debate? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

What ever happened to Republicans being the party of Responsibility?

Dems had no problem saying Obama sucked in the first debate

Why the petty excuses from Republicans?

There are no excuses except those people like you make for the unethical behavior of Crowley. Her behavior and your excusing it are part and parcel for why we have such vitriolic poisonous politics...

Romney beat Obama by 42 points. Obama was given a 7 point win over Romney in the second debate...but he beat himself by 21 points! :lol:

:clap2:

In addition a search of these forums has many of these self same liberals blaming the video as if a video gives permission for murder...but more importantly, they were denying it was a planned terrorist attack.

They said he blew it. Some gave stupid reasons as to why. But it was few and far between that someone said "Obama Won the first debate." Including Obama.

In the second debate, Romney looked like an ass clown.

And don't use "the fact" when you do not know what a fact IS.

coming from someone who wouldn't know a fact if it crawled up his pants leg, that's pretty damned funny.

meanwhile, i'll use any damned thing i want, and you'll live with it, because you can't stop me, and you sure the hell aren't anyone i would notice or care about.

live with your impotence. learn to love it, because once romney is president, you'll be stuck with it. :badgrin:

It was only a recommendation to help you from looking like an ignorant douchebag.

Others have said it best though.

Please, continue, Governer.

One of the most amusing things about liberals, to me, is how they flatter themselves that their opinions matter, and that everyone else is breathlessly worrying about how they appear to liberals.

Far be it from me to disabuse you of the notion that you matter. I would lose one of my favorite forms of entertainment.

Debate winners don't cry about the moderator.

But by all means Republicans, keep up this sore loser act. After all, America loves a sore loser.

The fact that people who benefit from cheating never complain about cheating is neither a recommendation FOR cheating, nor proof that no cheating exists.

Duuuh.

By all means, though, leftist, keep prattling on about how Obama "won" and it's okay that Crowley behaved as she did. It'll only make it that much more enjoyable to me when you're on suicide watch Election Night - assuming anyone cares enough to keep you alive.

Forum List

Back