The Candidates Are In.So What Is Your Preferred GOP Ticket?So Many Combinations.

Bush was the most conservative president? Yo really are one dumb sonofabitch. Bush didnt even run as a conservative.

It's unreal that people this stupid survive puberty. Bush was a "conservative"? On what planet? That's like saying Stalin was a moderate.

I hope Ted Cruz gets elected and these sniveling bed wetters follow their former messiah Jim Jones into eternity through massive retroactive self abortions.

It will completely end "global warming" because if these mindless parasites take themselves out of the genepool the world will be a cooler place.

Looking at the field, a Jeb/Rubio ticket would be solid. And smart. As it would position Rubio well for his own presidential run. Plus, it would lock Florida down.
FUCK JEB BUSH

I'm speaking of what's likely. Not what you like. And Jeb is well positioned. He's polling better than any other candidate in the GOP field (though Rubio is close). And he's got both name recognition, relevant experience, and establishment support.

He's likely. Not a dead lock. But most indications are favorable.
Polling this early is pointless. Let the field settle & announce some platforms. THEM the polls will have some meaning.
If not for the name Bush Jeb would be polling last or close to it.

Romney led early polling in 2011. McCain and Gulliani in 2007. Bush in 2003 and 2000.

Its not a dead lock. But its hardly 'pointless'.

Of course it's pointless. With this crowd? Nobody is a lock right now and the big guns hasn't even entered yet.

Then you have the guaranteed impeach you keep talking about.

Bush was the most conservative president? Yo really are one dumb sonofabitch. Bush didnt even run as a conservative.

It's unreal that people this stupid survive puberty. Bush was a "conservative"? On what planet? That's like saying Stalin was a moderate.

I hope Ted Cruz gets elected and these sniveling bed wetters follow their former messiah Jim Jones into eternity through massive retroactive self abortions.

It will completely end "global warming" because if these mindless parasites take themselves out of the genepool the world will be a cooler place.

I use the same scale as most of Washington does. The DW nominate scale. And it puts GW as the most conservative president since the Great Depression.

If you disagree, show me your evidence. But 'uh-uh' isn't evidence. Its just echo chamber.

by the end of November, i am pretty sure we will have a pretty good idea of who the final 4/5 will be, i still cant predict them, but my crystal ball says rubio will be in the final five.

Of course it's pointless. With this crowd? Nobody is a lock right now and the big guns hasn't even entered yet.

No one is saying that anyone is a lock. But early polling has been right 3 and half times out of the last 4 elections. That's hardly 'nothing'.

of course it's meaningless. You guys are desperate for some type of relevance. Geez..

Whatever. Early polling has a record of picking the GOP candidate about 85% of the time over the last 4 elections.

If you believe that record is 'meaningless', there's no much I can say to convince you. I'd argue that 85% is far from meaningless. Especially given how many primary candidates there have been in 3 of those 4 elections.

Oh it's meaningless. Just remember I said this.

You also said that Jeb wouldn't carry even one state.

History will tell us how much 'you said this' is worth.

Bingo. Now we are talking.

The candidates are NOT all in. How bout we wait till are are announced & platforms offered BEFORE we go down this road?
i know, but most of the potential ones are in, all there's left is Bush, Christie, Kasich, and two others? but I still think it's going to be Cruz or Rubio.

How likely do you think it is that Rubio or Cruz will be the eventual nomination?

Kasich has nothing to distinguish him from any other candidate. And personally, he's kind of an ass. He's prickly. He can't take criticism. He'll get eaten alive on a national stage.

But then, none of the Republican candidates have much of anything to distinguish themselves from any of the other candidates. I've never seen a more identical bunch. The final product isn't in doubt, it's just a matter of who delivers it.

Kasich is more moderate than a lot of the other candidates. He's someone who some liberals (e.g. myself) could actually go and vote for. His record suggests a degree of willingness to work with people he disagrees with that depressingly few people have today. Unfortunately, that probably hurts rather than helps in the primary.

I'm voting for Bernie in the primary...the Republican field is strong enough that I'll take whoever you guys pick.

Unless it's Jeb or Christie.

The candidates are NOT all in. How bout we wait till are are announced & platforms offered BEFORE we go down this road?
i know, but most of the potential ones are in, all there's left is Bush, Christie, Kasich, and two others? but I still think it's going to be Cruz or Rubio.

How likely do you think it is that Rubio or Cruz will be the eventual nomination?

i called my local psychic hot-line

Tough to answer. If forced to pick one, I'll go with Ted Cruz by a hair over Rand Paul. As for the VP on the ticket, it doesn't matter really that is pretty much a useless position.

You are joking, right? No body has half the accomplishments as Kasich. Trust me he will be noticed. He was on fox news as a host for a few years, then became the Ohio Gov beating a very strong incumbent in Strickland (barely) and shocking Ohio with what he has done, and then winning reelection with a massive 68% of the vote a lot of which were democrat. He's a lock.

Oh, so he's the second coming of Jon Huntsman. Good luck with that.

:hitit: This could be the first time over the last few elections where we just can't predict the GOP ticket this early in the race. When Reagan won, we knew it was going to be Gerry Ford at first,then he declined,Bush was next in line.When Clinton won, it was obviously going to be Al Gore.And with Obama, we knew that no one really wanted the spot! But Joe Biden was desperate for a job. But now it's almost impossible to predict the GOP ticket. But what ticket do you believe will knock off who ever is the Democrat nominee? Cruz/Martinez? Cruz/Carson? Walker/Rubio? :eusa_think:
Kasich/Rubio...good for a 16 year box out...
well as we all know, we need at least one Latino on the ticket, an all white ticket may doom the GOP.
God damn right!

Kasich has nothing to distinguish him from any other candidate. And personally, he's kind of an ass. He's prickly. He can't take criticism. He'll get eaten alive on a national stage.

But then, none of the Republican candidates have much of anything to distinguish themselves from any of the other candidates. I've never seen a more identical bunch. The final product isn't in doubt, it's just a matter of who delivers it.

I disagree. He's got three things going for him: executive experience (putting him way above Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, and Paul). He's got a record of going with non-conservative positions if its good for his state. And most Americans aren't at either political extreme. And finally he's articulate. The guy sounds great in interviews. A very common sense, 'lets get shit done' sort of vibe.

What he lacks is name recognition.
No mention of trump at this point. Very interesting.

i would even settle for a Cruz/Kasich Ticket. Cruz will give us Florida/Colorado, and Kasich will give us the rust belt.

Why would Cruz give you Florida or Colorado? His father fought FOR castro. Not against. And colorado is just....random.
I can't believe you knew this back when you wrote it. Long before trump released that picture of cruz' dad with Lee Harvey oswald

They'll want balance on the ticket. That's the usual wisdom. The other wisdom is that VP picks can only hurt, never help.
well the GOP will see the VP as the next President. they may have to let Rubio in as VP to keep the White House "In The Red" for 2020 or 2024.

Nodding....makes sense. Rubio isn't ready for a presidential run. And I suspect he knows it. He's about as well positioned as the current field will allow for the VP nod. And the GOP is doing a much better job of cultivating future talent than DNC. A Rubio VP nod would be consistent with that strategy.

I'd go so far as to say that the only way that Rubio isn't likely to get the VP nod is if Jeb is nominated for president. As they'd be doubling down on FL. If anyone else (save Rubio himself, obviously) get the nod, Rubio is a shoe in.
Wow trump must not have announced when you guys were trying to decide which loser you wanted to nominate. Kasich the traitor. Lyin Ted. Little Marco. Lol

Forum List

Back