The Candidates Are In.So What Is Your Preferred GOP Ticket?So Many Combinations.

:hitit: This could be the first time over the last few elections where we just can't predict the GOP ticket this early in the race. When Reagan won, we knew it was going to be Gerry Ford at first,then he declined,Bush was next in line.When Clinton won, it was obviously going to be Al Gore.And with Obama, we knew that no one really wanted the spot! But Joe Biden was desperate for a job. But now it's almost impossible to predict the GOP ticket. But what ticket do you believe will knock off who ever is the Democrat nominee? Cruz/Martinez? Cruz/Carson? Walker/Rubio? :eusa_think:
Kasich/Rubio...good for a 16 year box out...
well as we all know, we need at least one Latino on the ticket, an all white ticket may doom the GOP.

Looking at the field, a Jeb/Rubio ticket would be solid. And smart. As it would position Rubio well for his own presidential run. Plus, it would lock Florida down.

The candidates are NOT all in. How bout we wait till are are announced & platforms offered BEFORE we go down this road?
i know, but most of the potential ones are in, all there's left is Bush, Christie, Kasich, and two others? but I still think it's going to be Cruz or Rubio.

You do realize this is 2015, and thus not even an election year, do you not? Not to mention even if it were an election year it's only May.

John kasich. He still hasn't entered. ;)
he is on the VP list, we just have to wait and see.

He'll be the next President.
at least Kasich has a Personality! unlike what we have had for the last 6.6 years! I will be watching him, at least he will give us Ohio.

Kasich is as well positioned as any. He's personable, not an ideologue, and has some pretty relevant experience. A Kasich/Rubio ticket might lock up both Ohio and Florida.

But he doesn't have much name recognition.

Looking at the field, a Jeb/Rubio ticket would be solid. And smart. As it would position Rubio well for his own presidential run. Plus, it would lock Florida down.
FUCK JEB BUSH

He wont even win a state in the primary's.

And if he does? I mean, that's a pretty extreme prediction.

Won't matter it will be way to late in the primary process. His donors will flee way before then.

FUCK JEB BUSH

I'm speaking of what's likely. Not what you like. And Jeb is well positioned. He's polling better than any other candidate in the GOP field (though Rubio is close). And he's got both name recognition, relevant experience, and establishment support.

He's likely. Not a dead lock. But most indications are favorable.

at least Kasich has a Personality! unlike what we have had for the last 6.6 years! I will be watching him, at least he will give us Ohio.

Kasich is as well positioned as any. He's personable, not an ideologue, and has some pretty relevant experience. A Kasich/Rubio ticket might lock up both Ohio and Florida.

Not if you haven't paid attention for the last 25 years..

Between our posts, that's a triple negative. He doesn't not have name recognition if you haven't paid attention.

I just went crossed eyed.

Kasich has nothing to distinguish him from any other candidate. And personally, he's kind of an ass. He's prickly. He can't take criticism. He'll get eaten alive on a national stage.

But then, none of the Republican candidates have much of anything to distinguish themselves from any of the other candidates. I've never seen a more identical bunch. The final product isn't in doubt, it's just a matter of who delivers it.

Between our posts, that's a triple negative. He doesn't not have name recognition if you haven't paid attention.

I just went crossed eyed.
Not noticeable from here.

Kasich has nothing to distinguish him from any other candidate. And personally, he's kind of an ass. He's prickly. He can't take criticism. He'll get eaten alive on a national stage.

But then, none of the Republican candidates have much of anything to distinguish themselves from any of the other candidates. I've never seen a more identical bunch. The final product isn't in doubt, it's just a matter of who delivers it.
On the other hand piaps is fucking scintillating....yo.

I disagree. He's got three things going for him: executive experience (putting him way above Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, and Paul). He's got a record of going with non-conservative positions if its good for his state. And most Americans aren't at either political extreme. And finally he's articulate. The guy sounds great in interviews. A very common sense, 'lets get shit done' sort of vibe.

What he lacks is name recognition.

You are joking, right? No body has half the accomplishments as Kasich. Trust me he will be noticed. He was on fox news as a host for a few years, then became the Ohio Gov beating a very strong incumbent in Strickland (barely) and shocking Ohio with what he has done, and then winning reelection with a massive 68% of the vote a lot of which were democrat. He's a lock.

i would even settle for a Cruz/Kasich Ticket. Cruz will give us Florida/Colorado, and Kasich will give us the rust belt.

Forum List

Back