The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

yes, what, willow?

women are already risking their lives in combat zones. amd from what i have heard, the prohibition against women in "combat positions" was doing nothing except allowing them to seek promotions, even in the intelligence areas.... as those are defined as combat positions.

does that help you?

in the meantime, i'll go write to tammy duckworth and tell her she wasn't in combat.

Please, stop acting like an ass and contribute something worthwhile.

Women have already been in combat, there is zero reason to believe allowing them these specific positions would result in more lawsuits.

As an aside, I asked my husband what the other soldiers in his company think about this, his response "no one fucking cares". :)

Being assigned to a transport or security detail in a combat zone is not the same thing as being part of a SEAL team or Ranger team. There are very few women who can physically and emotionally handle that kind of stress. Don't assume that every female soldier/airman/marine can handle it.

Last edited:
That they've been in combat situations is different from the new model, where a platoon Lt may have designs on the burly little honey next to him in the foxhole.

But have it your way.

How do you change your tampon in a foxhole? Is it safe to give a woman with PMS an AK47?

When I say "your" I don't mean you specifically oddball, I mean generally if you wear a tampon how do you change it in a Foxhole?

You had to explain this to some folks around here.

In one of his last acts as Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta today will revoke the last of the policies that prevent women from serving in combat arms.

Make no mistake about it: this action isn’t about civil rights, equal opportunity, or any of the laudable things America has done in the past fifty years to remove false barriers within the military. This is different. It’s a purely political act that will make our military — and the military families liberals claim to venerate — much weaker than they are today.

Panetta is acting in response to feminists’ demands that women be able to serve in any capacity men do because they will be denied promotion to the higher ranks if they lack combat experience. It’s true that there is a huge number of women of flag rank among the services, some at the top four-star rank. But there surely is a “glass ceiling” in the combat arms that women haven’t broken through.

The problem with this statement of the issue is that the military “glass ceiling” is streaked with blood. If women are to be warriors — and thus earn the right to command other warriors — they have to train like men, live like men, and be able to survive the intense dangers of the modern battlefield as many men do. If they don’t, they cannot gain the respect and admiration that commanders of warriors must have to be effective. Should they be permitted to do that?

The American Spectator : The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

yes,

Yes, again.... Granted, there are not many women who are capable of getting through SEALs, Ranger, or Green Beret training, but of those that do.....with the SAME standards as men.....they deserve it, just like the men do.

Gwennie, two women tried to get through basic training and failed. god help them trying to get through SEAL training. A vast majority of men cannot do that.

In one of his last acts as Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta today will revoke the last of the policies that prevent women from serving in combat arms.

Make no mistake about it: this action isn’t about civil rights, equal opportunity, or any of the laudable things America has done in the past fifty years to remove false barriers within the military. This is different. It’s a purely political act that will make our military — and the military families liberals claim to venerate — much weaker than they are today.

Panetta is acting in response to feminists’ demands that women be able to serve in any capacity men do because they will be denied promotion to the higher ranks if they lack combat experience. It’s true that there is a huge number of women of flag rank among the services, some at the top four-star rank. But there surely is a “glass ceiling” in the combat arms that women haven’t broken through.

The problem with this statement of the issue is that the military “glass ceiling” is streaked with blood. If women are to be warriors — and thus earn the right to command other warriors — they have to train like men, live like men, and be able to survive the intense dangers of the modern battlefield as many men do. If they don’t, they cannot gain the respect and admiration that commanders of warriors must have to be effective. Should they be permitted to do that?

yes,

Yes, again.... Granted, there are not many women who are capable of getting through SEALs, Ranger, or Green Beret training, but of those that do.....with the SAME standards as men.....they deserve it, just like the men do.

Gwennie, two women tried to get through basic training and failed. god help them trying to get through SEAL training. A vast majority of men cannot do that.

You are dumber than a box of rocks. Women pass basic training all the time. Please explain what the hell you are talking about.

That they've been in combat situations is different from the new model, where a platoon Lt may have designs on the burly little honey next to him in the foxhole.

But have it your way.

How do you change your tampon in a foxhole? Is it safe to give a woman with PMS an AK47?

When I say "your" I don't mean you specifically oddball, I mean generally if you wear a tampon how do you change it in a Foxhole?

Do you really think that women are going to be concerned about changing a tampon in the middle of a fire fight???? Most women lose their menstrual cycles during training and the stress of combat suppresses their cycles. You are a fucking idiot.... Please....stay out of the armed forces.

But have it your way.

Do you really think that women are going to be concerned about changing a tampon in the middle of a fire fight???? Most women lose their menstrual cycles during training and the stress of combat suppresses their cycles. You are a fucking idiot.... Please....stay out of the armed forces.

don't worry I will. women lose their periods? how fucking great is that, then they can be raped at will and not get preggers thereore no need for abortions,, liberals have it all figured out. wow.

don't worry I will. women lose their periods? how fucking great is that, then they can be raped at will and not get preggers thereore no need for abortions,, liberals have it all figured out. wow.

I'm not worrying. I'm just glad that our armed forces will not have to deal with a pussy such as yourself. Once again, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not worrying. I'm just glad that our armed forces will not have to deal with a pussy such as yourself. Once again, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Just remember qwennie, I'm not the one who started the name calling. I can handle it though dish it. I know I don't know a damn thing about women, cause I am one.. Kerry on Libtard.

:clap2:

WTF ?

You libturds think you know everything.

But have it your way.

^women can't be in combat because men might want to have sex with them.

:lmao:

The military is already prepared to add women into combat slots. When the announcement was made about the decision, the 1st thing the base my husband is stationed at did was announce the all female combats units they had been training, were ready to deploy.

150815_10151634478913835_749749138_n.jpg
Fine and dandy....Hope they do well.

What's the over/under on the time span between today and the first harassment lawsuit?

Little behind the times there, OB. Military Sexual Trauma (MST) is a BIG deal right now for both men and women. The Veterans Health Administration has special progrms to deal with it. And the Veterans Benefit Administration has benefits for it. Just so you know, it is expected. And it isn't limited to women. There are men from eons past who were traumatized sexually in the military who are just now getting the new benefits for it.

The Veterans Health Administration and Military Sexual Trauma

The persistence of sexual violence within the US armed forces is a fact long recognized by military officials, policymakers, health care professionals, and the media. The risk of exposure to sexual violence within the military is high. The annual incidence of experiencing sexual assault is 3% among active duty women and 1% among active duty men. Sexual coercion (e.g., quid pro quo promises of job benefits or threats of job loss) and unwanted sexual attention (e.g., touching, fondling, or threatening attempts to initiate a sexual relationship) occur at an annual rate of 8% and 27%, respectively, among women and 1% and 5% among men.1 Research on deployment stress finds that such experiences constitute important duty-related hazards.2

Last edited:
Women have already been in combat, there is zero reason to believe allowing them these specific positions would result in more lawsuits.

As an aside, I asked my husband what the other soldiers in his company think about this, his response "no one fucking cares". :)

They are currently considered combat veterans for benefit purposes if they were stationed in a combat zone. This article describes the role of nurses on the frontline.

On the frontline team
All Forward Surgical Teams provide acute care nursing and surgical nursing far forward on the battlefield to stabilize and resuscitate soldiers with life- and limb-threatening injuries. These teams are on the front lines with the fighters but may also be assigned to a Battalion Aid Station. In that role, a team prepares incoming patients for surgery and can provide initial surgery and postoperative care for 30 wounded or injured patients over a 72-hour period.
Each Forward Surgical Team is equipped to move directly behind troops and, within 90 minutes, establish a functioning hospital with four ventilator-equipped beds and two operating tables. For units that parachute into the combat area, supplies are packed in five backpacks (ICU, surgery, anesthesia, general surgery, and orthopedic packs). For units that travel in vehicles, the supplies are packed in metal chests. The backpacks and chests hold sterile items, anesthesia equipment, drugs, drapes, gowns, catheters, and a hand-held i-STAT that tests hemoglobin, hematocrit, electrolytes, and blood gases. Also included are a small ultrasound, portable monitors, transport ventilators, an oxygen generator, 20 units of packed red blood cells, six stretchers, and six litter stands.

American Nurse Today

And this is a list, starting with the Civil War and going forward, of women who have already been killed in the military.

The Women Who Gave Their Lives

Women who serve in combat zones already have to know how to fight. They go through basic just like every one else.

Women have never been exempt from the battlefield. They have merely been denied the proper rank for their service.

yes,

;) I truly like Leon Panetta. He was my Congressman once. Back when I was just coming off of my Hitch-Hiking Odyssey (5 Years), I was pushing a broom in the Santa Cruz County Building when he walked in the door and shook my hand. ;) Good Catholic Boy. I just wish we could do an Intervention, and rescue him from that Cult. :)

But have it your way.

You need to study up on military sexual trauma. Those designes are currently visited upon men.

yes, what, willow?

women are already risking their lives in combat zones. amd from what i have heard, the prohibition against women in "combat positions" was doing nothing except allowing them to seek promotions, even in the intelligence areas.... as those are defined as combat positions.

does that help you?

in the meantime, i'll go write to tammy duckworth and tell her she wasn't in combat.

Women who have served in combat zones are considered combat veterans. The get the bennies for it as well. They just aren't allowed to get the rank. All this new change will do is reward them properly.

I heard all those old arguments back in the 60s and they failed then as they fail now. It's time to give the women the rank they have earned and deserve. I became an NP in the VA and worked with veterans of all stripes for years. Honestly, most of the men I served were far bigger neurotic whiners than the women. Down through the ages, women have had to just suck it up and keep things going when the men crap out on them. This will make then a tremendous asset in expanding military roles.

Last edited:
We can end all abortion today friends! Just put women in combat, the stress shuts off their periods we get more bang for our defense spending. I don't know why liberals have been hiding these solutions.

Just remember qwennie, I'm not the one who started the name calling. I can handle it though dish it. I know I don't know a damn thing about women, cause I am one.. Kerry on Libtard.

If you are female, then it's even more hilarious that you have no clue what you're talking about. :cuckoo: It just makes you look more stupid when you talk about things you have no knowledge of. Go look up info on physiology re: combat stress (or any extreme stress) and combine that with rigorous and strenuous physical training for SEALs/Rangers and you will find out that women typically stop having periods.....or they are extremely infrequent and very short.

Forum List

Back