The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

Rest assured, the feminags at NOW will see to it that they mau-mau the military into lowering their standards...Only a matter of time.

Every advancement women have made has happened over the voices of men saying that letting women in will lower the standard.

The Isreali armed forced, one of the most efficient fighting armies in the world, has had women in combat positions since its inception.

Why can't american women pass boot camp?
Were the 150+ American women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan tourists?

Every advancement women have made has happened over the voices of men saying that letting women in will lower the standard.

The Isreali armed forced, one of the most efficient fighting armies in the world, has had women in combat positions since its inception.

Why can't american women pass boot camp?
Were the 150+ American women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan tourists?

they were in combat zones but did jobs such as driving equipment, communications,, my guess is of the 152 or 157 of them who came home in body bags most died from IED's. What we're talking about now is actually frontline combat in which she would be responsible for having a guys back. I think it would be cool to pass out a survey to be filled out annomously by the marines and army guys.. meanwhile it's human physiology that doesn't give the female the muscle mass that a man has.

.. meanwhile it's human physiology that doesn't give the female the muscle mass that a man has.

There are lots of men who aren't physically large. Audie Murphy was the most decorated soldier of WWII yet he was only 5' 7 1/2" tall, and he weighed 138 pounds when he won the Congressional Medal of Honor. I doubt he could have picked up a 200 pound man and carried him off the battle field either.

.. meanwhile it's human physiology that doesn't give the female the muscle mass that a man has.

There are lots of men who aren't physically large. Audie Murphy was the most decorated soldier of WWII yet he was only 5' 7 1/2" tall, and he weighed 138 pounds when he won the Congressional Medal of Honor. I doubt he could have picked up a 200 pound man and carried him off the battle field either.

I bet he could, do you have any concept about muscle mass and the proportionality in man vs woman? you should google it sometime. It's why men can lose weight at three times the rate a woman can, they have more muscle pound for pound and muscle burns calories, women on the other hand have a higher degree of fatty tissue,, tits and ass ,,, they float on water but they don't do well with heavy objects. thanks for asking.

Back then the average height and weight of men was vastly less than it is today.....Though I can't remember the exact numbers, Steven Ambrose gave them in the first part of his book "D-Day".

Subsequently, you'll knock yourself dead today trying to buy vintage WWII military clothing for anyone who is taller than about 5'9" and weighing more than about 175 lbs.

Therefore, the Audie Murphy thing is an irrelevant non-starter.

Last edited:

Back then the average height and weight of men was vastly less than it is today.....Though I can't remember the exact numbers, Steven Ambrose gave them in the first part of his book "D-Day".

Subsequently, you'll knock yourself dead today trying to buy vintage WWII military clothing for anyone who is taller than about 5'9" and weighing more than about 175 lbs.

So, little Audie didn't have any 200 pound men to pick up? Good information.

If the only way to achieve rank is through combat experience, then that experience should be open to all who desire to move up in rank.

So, little Audie didn't have any 200 pound men to pick up? Good information.
He may very well have, but they were few and far between.

Believe me, I've been hunting for a vintage army Ike jacket in 44R ( the size for a typical 200 pounder) for years and years and can't find one.

If the only way to achieve rank is through combat experience, then that experience should be open to all who desire to move up in rank.

certainly is, as long as the women do the exact same thing the men do. no problemo.

certainly is, as long as the women do the exact same thing the men do. no problemo.

My mother was the best shooter I ever knew. She was better than my brother who was in the military. To be exactly the same as a man she would have to become much less of a markswoman than she actually was. I think that is what you are afraid of. AND............ Your argument doesn't hold water.

My mother was the best shooter I ever knew. She was better than my brother who was in the military. To be exactly the same as a man she would have to become much less of a markswoman than she actually was. I think that is what you are afraid of. AND............ Your argument doesn't hold water.

sure it does, you just refuse to see it.

yes, what, willow?

women are already risking their lives in combat zones. amd from what i have heard, the prohibition against women in "combat positions" was doing nothing except allowing them to seek promotions, even in the intelligence areas.... as those are defined as combat positions.

does that help you?

in the meantime, i'll go write to tammy duckworth and tell her she wasn't in combat.

Get back to me when a woman can pick up a 200 pound dead weight injured man sling him over her shoulder and carry him out of the line of fire. In addition get back to me when women go through the exact boot camp that the men do and pass. So far none of them have. Next?
Rest assured, the feminags at NOW will see to it that they mau-mau the military into lowering their standards...Only a matter of time.

it should be interesting to see if they force a lowering of standards to allow women in.....

however... if a woman can preform to standards.... then if that is what they want to do... go for it.

In one of his last acts as Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta today will revoke the last of the policies that prevent women from serving in combat arms.

Make no mistake about it: this action isn’t about civil rights, equal opportunity, or any of the laudable things America has done in the past fifty years to remove false barriers within the military. This is different. It’s a purely political act that will make our military — and the military families liberals claim to venerate — much weaker than they are today.

Panetta is acting in response to feminists’ demands that women be able to serve in any capacity men do because they will be denied promotion to the higher ranks if they lack combat experience. It’s true that there is a huge number of women of flag rank among the services, some at the top four-star rank. But there surely is a “glass ceiling” in the combat arms that women haven’t broken through.

The problem with this statement of the issue is that the military “glass ceiling” is streaked with blood. If women are to be warriors — and thus earn the right to command other warriors — they have to train like men, live like men, and be able to survive the intense dangers of the modern battlefield as many men do. If they don’t, they cannot gain the respect and admiration that commanders of warriors must have to be effective. Should they be permitted to do that?

The American Spectator : The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

yes,

yes what? did you write ANY of that & the Merkin Spectator lol. You serve Willow? When/where?

yes, what, willow?

women are already risking their lives in combat zones. amd from what i have heard, the prohibition against women in "combat positions" was doing nothing except allowing them to seek promotions, even in the intelligence areas.... as those are defined as combat positions.

does that help you?

in the meantime, i'll go write to tammy duckworth and tell her she wasn't in combat.

Get back to me when a woman can pick up a 200 pound dead weight injured man sling him over her shoulder and carry him out of the line of fire. In addition get back to me when women go through the exact boot camp that the men do and pass. So far none of them have. Next?

Men who aren't pumped up with adrenaline can't do that either. That is why combat veterans are such train wrecks. They have bad backs, bad knees, bad shouldners. You name it. They are a mess! It is from doing things at the dictate of adrenaline that they really are not physically able to do.

Women have done far greater feats than what you have just described!

Hysterical strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most common anecdotal examples are of mothers lifting automobiles to rescue their children, and when people are in life and death situations. Hysterical strength can result in torn muscles and damaged joints. This, in addition to high lactic acid production, is why the body limits the number of muscle fibers the human body uses.[citation needed]

In 1982, in Lawrenceville, Georgia, Tony Cavallo was repairing a 1964 Chevrolet Impala automobile from underneath. The vehicle was propped up with jacks, but it fell. Cavallo's mother, Mrs. Angela Cavallo, lifted the car high enough and long enough for two neighbours to replace the jacks and pull Tony from beneath the car.[3]
to arrive, and saved her 7 year old son, and two other children.[4]

In 2006, in Tucson, Arizona, Tim Boyle watched as a Chevrolet Camaro hit 18-year-old Kyle Holtrust. The car pinned Holtrust, still alive, underneath. Boyle lifted the Camaro off the teenager, while the driver of the car pulled the teen to safety.[3][5]

In 2009, in Ottawa, Kansas, 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m), 185 lb (84 kg) Nick Harris lifted a Mercury sedan to help a 6 year old girl pinned beneath.[6]

In 2011, in Tampa, Florida, 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m), 295 lb (134 kg) college football player Danous Estenor lifted a 3,500 lb (1,600 kg) car off of a man who had been caught underneath. The man was a tow truck driver who had been pinned under the rear tire of a 1990 Cadillac Seville, which had lurched forward as he worked underneath it. The man suffered only minor injuries.[7]

In 2012, in Glen Allen, Virginia, 22 year old Lauren Kornacki rescued her father, Alec Kornacki, after the jack used to prop up his BMW slipped, pinning him under it. Lauren lifted the car, then performed CPR on her father and saved his life. [8]

Adrenaline does not discriminate. Male or female it is the same hormone in both.

Last edited:
The military is already prepared to add women into combat slots. When the announcement was made about the decision, the 1st thing the base my husband is stationed at did was announce the all female combats units they had been training, were ready to deploy.

150815_10151634478913835_749749138_n.jpg

^women can't be in combat because men are porkers. :lol:

The military is already prepared to add women into combat slots. When the announcement was made about the decision, the 1st thing the base my husband is stationed at did was announce the all female combats units they had been training, were ready to deploy.

150815_10151634478913835_749749138_n.jpg
Fine and dandy....Hope they do well.

What's the over/under on the time span between today and the first harassment lawsuit?

Women have already been in combat, there is zero reason to believe allowing them these specific positions would result in more lawsuits.

As an aside, I asked my husband what the other soldiers in his company think about this, his response "no one fucking cares". :)

In one of his last acts as Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta today will revoke the last of the policies that prevent women from serving in combat arms.

Make no mistake about it: this action isn’t about civil rights, equal opportunity, or any of the laudable things America has done in the past fifty years to remove false barriers within the military. This is different. It’s a purely political act that will make our military — and the military families liberals claim to venerate — much weaker than they are today.

Panetta is acting in response to feminists’ demands that women be able to serve in any capacity men do because they will be denied promotion to the higher ranks if they lack combat experience. It’s true that there is a huge number of women of flag rank among the services, some at the top four-star rank. But there surely is a “glass ceiling” in the combat arms that women haven’t broken through.

The problem with this statement of the issue is that the military “glass ceiling” is streaked with blood. If women are to be warriors — and thus earn the right to command other warriors — they have to train like men, live like men, and be able to survive the intense dangers of the modern battlefield as many men do. If they don’t, they cannot gain the respect and admiration that commanders of warriors must have to be effective. Should they be permitted to do that?

The American Spectator : The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

yes,

Yes, again.... Granted, there are not many women who are capable of getting through SEALs, Ranger, or Green Beret training, but of those that do.....with the SAME standards as men.....they deserve it, just like the men do.

Forum List

Back