The Black Addiction

In case you were curious I talked to a friend of mine who is in the Military, he said he is voting for Romney because of the whole Obama gay marriage thing, it seems like Obamas stance on gay marriage did chip away at the base of his black supporters.

To High_Gravity: Being in the military indicates a conservative posture to begin with. I doubt if same-sex marriage will lower the 90 percent total for Democrats. In any event, black Americans do not have the numbers in any one state to control the Electoral College much less influence the final outcome in enough states to give the election to Hussein.

Incidentally, there were only four black Americans in the US Senate since reconstruction, and one of the four was appointed, while there are quite a few African Americans in the House.

House races are all about voting blocs within a district. State-wide Senate races, and presidential elections, offer a much different picture of voting blocs in federal elections.

The fact that black Americans are elected as mayors, governors, and state legislators shows that a lack of US Senators is not rooted in racism as liberals claim. I’m not sure what it is, but I’d like to see a few hardcore conservative black Americans get there. If you think many blacks are grumbling about gay marriages, just you wait until a conservative African American has a chance at winning a senate seat. White liberals and black racists will pull out all stops to defeat a black conservative —— then turn around and accuse white conservatives of racism. Ain’t democracy grand?

obama never had 100% of black support to begin with. If there is a disenchantment with obama it might not be limited to voting for Romney but not voting at all.

To Katzndogz: That’s a real possibility. I do not think you can find a lot of black Americans who will vote for a Republican, but they might stay home because of Hussein.

I seem to recall that in 2008 Bill Clinton was pressed into service to get out the black vote in a state or two. Should a substantial number of African Americans stay home on election day it won’t alter the result. I’m no fan of Romney, but I see a small landslide victory heading his way. Not as big as Ronald Reagan’s 49 state sweep over Mondale in 1984.

If I had to pick a number based on today’s political landscape, I’d bet on Hussein losing 38 states. The best I can give him is 167 electoral votes. Even if I’m off by a few states 167 is a long way from the 270 needed to win. I’ve already credited him with California: 55 votes, NY: 29 votes, and Illinois: 20 votes; so no matter how I juggle the remaining states he cannot come anywhere near the other 103 electoral votes.

Professional pundits and pollsters will disagree. I never take their opinions on faith anyway. I prefer making my own mistakes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back