The Biggest Quitters!

Why not? He was allegedly frustrated about the team's commitment to winning, and he was pretty much the only offense the team had on a season to season basis, besides a little Herman Moore for a time.

He had no real reason to walk away like that. And I'm saying this as a huge Barry Sanders fan. He's my favorite RB of all time.

I agree, I was surprised when he did it. But I could just never call him that, whatever the evidence happened to be.

Lion fans seem to have forgiven him.

In order to be considered quitting, doesn't the players absence need to have a detrimental effect on the team, rather than benefit the team?

True, but I just love pointing out what a failure he is! :lol:

Ryan Leaf wouldn't have been a failure if he'd had Randy Moss and Deion Branch as his receivers.

I disagree. He was a big, spoiled rotten baby who figured out he couldn't get his way in the pros, so he quit like the p*ssy he is to go running home to mommy.

Why not? He was allegedly frustrated about the team's commitment to winning, and he was pretty much the only offense the team had on a season to season basis, besides a little Herman Moore for a time.

He had no real reason to walk away like that. And I'm saying this as a huge Barry Sanders fan. He's my favorite RB of all time.

I agree, I was surprised when he did it. But I could just never call him that, whatever the evidence happened to be.

It's just strange that he retired, rather than just requesting to be traded. He was a season away from Payton's record. He was a class act though, and I'm sure stats like that meant almost nothing to him.

It would hurt pretty bad if Chase Utley, or Brian Westbrook just out of nowhere decided to walk away from the game over nothing more than alleged mixed feelings.

Lion fans seem to have forgiven him.

It didn't happen overnight.

True, but I just love pointing out what a failure he is! :lol:

Ryan Leaf wouldn't have been a failure if he'd had Randy Moss and Deion Branch as his receivers.

I disagree. He was a big, spoiled rotten baby who figured out he couldn't get his way in the pros, so he quit like the p*ssy he is to go running home to mommy.

Whoa. Echo used the p-word. Good thing Leaf wasn't drafted by the Colts or echo would be in prison by now. :lol:

Whoa. Echo used the p-word. Good thing Leaf wasn't drafted by the Colts or echo would be in prison by now. :lol:

Good thing she put that * in there too, so I didn't have to cover my kid's eyes :lol:

Good thing she put that * in there too, so I didn't have to cover my kid's eyes :lol:

your kids should be in bed.

j/k

Ok, here's the deal.

Don't ever dare retire, no matter what, or you're a p*ssy ass quitting bitch.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I think she should have written:

...so he quit like the p*ssy he is...

* = "u"

Cuz we all know that an asterisk refers to a footnote.

I will tell you this. I love this thread, I've missed talking about sports. I know you guys have your baseball thread, meh.....except for my Cubs.

But I'm gearing up to start talking some football, I can't wait!

Forum List

Back