The Big Issue in 2018

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The biggest issue in the upcoming elections may not be our roaring economy or Trump's boorishness. Instead, it may be the blatant attempt by the Left in this country to reverse the result of the 2016 Presidential election. I have no idea how many people may care or even be aware of this issue, but has implications far beyond which political party controls the House of Representatives. Will we follow down the path of other "democracies" where the winning side routinely prosecutes and jails the losing side? Is this too deep a subject for Americans to consider?

I hope not.

It may be a big issue, but it will not be decisive. One-third of the country HATES Trump, one-third is angry at how he is being treated by the Media and the Democrats, and one third will be looking at the individual candidates and local issues. Reading the current tea leaves, it does not look like Trump & the Republicans are going to get much support for the economy. Most people think it was just time for things to pick up, after many years of anemic growth.

But if Trump is removed from office we could have a civil war. Seriously. His supporters are armed.

My guess is that the biggest issue of 2018 is how the Russians supposedly caused the Democrats to lose.

The biggest issue in the upcoming elections may not be our roaring economy or Trump's boorishness. Instead, it may be the blatant attempt by the Left in this country to reverse the result of the 2016 Presidential election. I have no idea how many people may care or even be aware of this issue, but has implications far beyond which political party controls the House of Representatives. Will we follow down the path of other "democracies" where the winning side routinely prosecutes and jails the losing side? Is this too deep a subject for Americans to consider?

I hope not.

2016 election is over...Trump won

Now he is being held accountable

What makes Liberals think that Conservatives will accept the election results if they lose? Liberals didn't last time.​

I hope not.

Does that mean ya'll Democrats will finally start giving him credit for all the wonderful things he's doing for this country?

Issues?

Leftists have made it so that there are no issues any more, only identities to be pandered to.

We will just see more of the same.

I hope not.

Does that mean ya'll Democrats will finally start giving him credit for all the wonderful things he's doing for this country?

Let’s have him testify first

The left have nationalized the mid terms. The midterms are a referendum on impeachment. Impeach 45 is the platform. I think it is pretty well accepted that the Dems will proceed with impeachment and probably dozens of investigations immediately upon taking the majority. In addition, the Dems will not have any power to pass any legislation into law, as the Senate is likely to remain red, and of course, the President has the veto. So, vote for things as they are now, or vote for 2 years of impeachment proceedings. Those are the issues at hand.

But if Trump is removed from office we could have a civil war. Seriously. His supporters are armed.

They won't get off their couches. They've been trained to do nothing but complain. When cults collapse, most members just quietly return to society.

Sure, there will be a few more Trump-terrorists, but law enforcement will squash them quickly.

They won't get off their couches. They've been trained to do nothing but complain.

Instead of rioting? And why does your support for "law enforcement" only apply to squashing conservative dissent?

Forum List

Back