How The EPA Could Cut Carbon Emissions Even More Than We Thought By 2020

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How The EPA Could Cut Carbon Emissions Even More Than We Thought By 2020

The Environmental Protection Agency’s upcoming carbon rules for existing power plants could cut even more emissions than previously thought, according to a new analysis.

Back in 2013, a long legal battle over the Clean Air Act culminated with EPA releasing rules that will cut carbon dioxide emissions from new coal and natural gas plants. In June of this year, the agency will release similar draft rules for already existing power plants, and then finalize them by June 2015.

But the legal language of the Clean Air Act gives EPA different scopes of power for new versus existing plants. The agency can regulate the former pretty directly, but must partner with the states to regulate the latter. Essentially, EPA sets up the broad system, and then each state must submit its compliance plan by July 2016.

To that end, the agency has been taking public comments on how to best design that system. And arguably one of the best plans was submitted by the Natural Resources Defense Council.

How The EPA Could Cut Carbon Emissions Even More Than We Thought By 2020 | ThinkProgress

Reallly good news!

Except it will not happen. Too many vested interests fighting doing anything at all. And they will win until there is a catastrophe large enough to get everyones attention.

There will be no catastrophe of the sort that would drive such action. Storms will get worse, seas will rise, storm surges will cause more flooding, but there will always be plausible deniability. Nothing dramatic will occur with a smoking gun tying it to atmospheric CO2. Besides, it's already too late. If we stopped every molecule of CO2 this instant, temperatures would continue to rise for another century or more. And we not only haven't cut GHG emissions, we haven't even been able to slow the emission rate's acceleration. If you really wanted to see their faces when they're proven wrong, you only need wait. It's guaranteed.

The EPA can not do shit to cut emissions. Their only tool is to force people to comply with their ridiculous demands. What were your thoughts on the King when he demanded not only tax from the subjects, but also a healthy portion of their production in return for, well, nothing?

Do you little dicktaters ever tire of forcing your will on others?

There will be no catastrophe of the sort that would drive such action. Storms will get worse, seas will rise, storm surges will cause more flooding, but there will always be plausible deniability. Nothing dramatic will occur with a smoking gun tying it to atmospheric CO2. Besides, it's already too late. If we stopped every molecule of CO2 this instant, temperatures would continue to rise for another century or more. And we not only haven't cut GHG emissions, we haven't even been able to slow the emission rate's acceleration. If you really wanted to see their faces when they're proven wrong, you only need wait. It's guaranteed.

CaptainHyperbole![1].jpg

Well folks, you see what thinkprogess is for

having government step on our necks and livelihoods

typical of a left wing site

please contact your Representatives and demand they abolish the, EPA, IRS, NEA, ETC
these agencies are overstepping their powers and your Representation in government by eliminating going through CONGRESS for their actions

CaptainHyperbole![1].jpg

That's quite a six pack I've got there.

please contact your Representatives and demand they abolish the, EPA, IRS, NEA, ETC
these agencies are overstepping their powers and your Representation in government by eliminating going through CONGRESS for their actions

Do you earn your living by producing CO2?

Regulatory agencies, like the EPA, have regulatory powers. If you want to abolish them, you will also have to get rid of the FAA, the USDA, the FDA, GAO, the Office of Compliance, the OMB, NOAA, the FCC, and virtually ALL of the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce and the Interior.

How realistic do you think is a demand to abolish the IRS?

The NEA is not a government agency. Perhaps you were thinking of the Department of Education. However, you would need to identify where you believe they've overstepped their constitutional bounds as I know of nothing even suggesting such is the case.

The abbreviation for "et cetera" is "etc", lower case.

Except it will not happen. Too many vested interests fighting doing anything at all. And they will win until there is a catastrophe large enough to get everyones attention.

The dream of the Death worshipping AGWCult

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Regulatory agencies, like the EPA, have regulatory powers. If you want to abolish them, you will also have to get rid of the FAA, the USDA, the FDA, GAO, the Office of Compliance, the OMB, NOAA, the FCC, and virtually ALL of the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce and the Interior.

The NEA is not a government agency. Perhaps you were thinking of the Department of Education. However, you would need to identify where you believe they've overstepped their constitutional bounds as I know of nothing even suggesting such is the case.

you can bow and be a tool for government, no one cares

you can bow and be a tool for government, no one cares

It's a democracy. We ARE the government. Trouble is we ALL are the government, so we individuals don't always get our way. Seems as if you'd prefer a dictatorship with Stephanie in charge.

Everyone produces co2 by the simple act of living.

Do you heat your home? Do you drive? Do you use lights? Do you buy shit that is shipped by truck?

The entire political goal of this climate fear mongering is to implement the holy grail of government revenue : The tax on EVERYTHING

Do you heat your home? Do you drive? Do you use lights? Do you buy shit that is shipped by truck?

The entire political goal of this climate fear mongering is to implement the holy grail of government revenue : The tax on EVERYTHING

I was just thinking of how the GLOBULL warming cult is nothing but FEARMONGERING

now any sane person would have to WONDER WHY is that?

but you'll be called a cute little name like (denier) if you dare question them

gawd people to wake up to this, Hitler used the (environment) for his agenda too

I was just thinking of how the GLOBULL warming cult is nothing but FEARMONGERING

gawd people to wake up to this, Hitler used the (environment) for his agenda too

I never denied that the pollution we spew into the atmosphere has an effect on climate. I think it does I just don't go for the we're all gonna die because the earth is a little warmer crap

I never denied that the pollution we spew into the atmosphere has an effect on climate. I think it does I just don't go for the we're all gonna die because the earth is a little warmer crap

I've never denied it either..but we are clean compared to other countries (Brazil, China, etc) and these radical commie enviorwacko's in our government today want to penalize us AND our living for those countries...that's what I'm saying people need to wake up to this and put a stop to it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back